Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Laura kept an eye on Beckett and looked at him.

"Now, punk", she said in a rather posh manner, "You had better not be telling any porkies in the following interrogation".

She moved over and placed one hand on his shoulder, then leaned her face up to his as if she was about to kiss him.

"Because if you do, then you will be dressed like a chicken and frozen in deep space".

- Laura Stanier

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Svara nodded to Delilah and watched as Laura... talked to Carson. She kept her trap shut, but it was beginning to bother her that they were treating these two less as "under suspicion" and more as "enemy combatants." At least they were on their way to another port where the two men could get off and be on their way if they didn't like their treatment here.
Once when she was young, her parents had taken on two passengers for a long-haul who ended up just hating each others' guts. They couldn't even eat together; meal times had to be split. It was months before they could get down on a rock and the mood on the ship took awhile to recover.
She glanced at Louis and wondered what the young cook thought of all this roughness.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

"Yessir, right away sir" Robert said sarcastically as he got up and walked over to the door as he eyed the gun and the doc. Glad he wasn't with the gung ho... second officer, whom he noticed had very little respect from the sergeant and the other soldier.

-Robert

At MCAS Miramar, drowning in Pilots and Sun

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Laura's Cortex buzzed with an incoming message...

=How are things proceeding Mrs. Stanier?  Are they legit survivors or piratical plants?  -- Lindemann=

- Gunther

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

ooc: Busy weekend.


" A deaf 15 year old medic? Must have talent , Once things are settled here I would like to take a look at her, I may be able to help her out.

"Shiney! Though not sure you can do much, think she was born that way. Anyhow I did want to tell you so you were aware, otherwise you're gonna wonder when she doesn't answer you. She's really nice but .....well, I think you get where I'm coming from," Louis ended it there.

"And I'm off to cook something up quick - and nourishing. You haven't lived til you've eaten my protein hash,"Louis declared then took off for his kitchen, eager to be helpful.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Eponine exited the bridge, the lock snapping shut as she closed it behind her. She walked down the cooridor hearing the voices from the common room ahead. She slowly approached the doorway, seeking to apprise the situation, particularly with the two captured pirates. Her hand rested on the handle of her gun just below her hip under the long overcoat.

She watched the fire team as they watched the prisioners. The engineer appeared to be interrogating the rougher looking pirate. Something was odd.

She noticed Lydia clinging to the shadows over to the side, not far from her. Her crossbow was drawn. She apparently perceived the pirates as some level of a threat, albeit the expression on her friend's face seemed more annoyed than concerned.

She quietly made her way over to Lydia and whispered, "what's the story with this lot?"

-Eponine

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/scarlettwilsonsm.png http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/myfawnysm.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/Providence3sm.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/Eponine_zpssmub9bif.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/noshinsm.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

IronForte wrote:

OOC: James I just want to point out that we were adrift for two hours per the introductory PMs we received.

I kind of forget with my eventful life , but I can work this into my story, It felt like days :>)

James  tpo Beckett

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Holstering her gun, Delilah cocked her head to the door and ushered the. Whatever he was through, taking him to the cargo bay.

-Delilah

OOC: Continued in Upper Cargo Bay

Double OOC: I think Delilah's got the "rough" looking one. Basing it on picture

Last edited by Ironette (2017-06-07 06:54:02)

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Silent Hunter wrote:

Laura kept an eye on Beckett and looked at him.

"Now, punk", she said in a rather posh manner, "You had better not be telling any porkies in the following interrogation".

She moved over and placed one hand on his shoulder, then leaned her face up to his as if she was about to kiss him.

"Because if you do, then you will be dressed like a chicken and frozen in deep space".

- Laura Stanier


What Laura felt was Carson's big shoulder muscles tense with power but the man did not even flinch

Carson glared right into her eyes , He was not intimidated at all, but maybe a thorough hormone check on this lady would go a long way

" Aye I'll be scientifically accurate my dear , Now where would you like me to begin ?"

Carson Beckett

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Laura ignored the buzzing of her Cortex, deciding it was time to focus on interrogating their new arrival. She stood back, crossed her arms and looked down at him.

"What were you doing before the ship was attacked by pirates?" she asked.

- Laura

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Svara, realizing that the debriefing was starting, leaned against the wall and lowered her pistol. It didn't seem necessary to keep it aimed at an unarmed, recently traumatized man who was able to keep his cool in the face of rather unfriendly interrogative questioning. Nevertheless, she kept an eye on his movements and those of others in the room.

She had questions too, but this was neither the time nor the place. Maybe later, once everyone had satisfied their concerns about the survivors, she could ask the doctor about some of the things from her books.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

With an embarrassingly loud rumble, Svara's stomach announced that it was past lunchtime, thank you. She glanced toward the galley, hoping that Louis was making quick progress. A good meal might settle everyone down a bit as well. Tensions seemed to be running high today.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Silent Hunter wrote:

Laura ignored the buzzing of her Cortex, deciding it was time to focus on interrogating their new arrival. She stood back, crossed her arms and looked down at him.

"What were you doing before the ship was attacked by pirates?" she asked.

- Laura

Carson kept his cool even though this woman was getting a bit irritating about now

" I was reading a paper in my bunk when the ship was hit , We were on our way from St. Michael's to Green leaf when the ship was boarded , It all happened so fast , I barely had time to move when the captain ushered that marine guy and me into the forward section and issued us some space suits and sealed us in that room , he said he was going to send a distress call and something about some freight I'm not sure exactly , then a loud bang followed by more bangs and we lost everything , we were literally a our last breath when you folks showed up "

Carson Beckett

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

In the galley Louis was busy tossing together all the necessary ingredients for his hash. Simple enough dish but nourishing and a staple back on the freighter he had once been on. The beauty of this dish too was it tasted just as good as leftovers unlike some things. Also these survivors were fresh off a near death experience and who knows how long since their last meal, they'd probably appreciate anything right about now.

Now all he had to do was put it in the oven and wait. Some things just can't be rushed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

James M wrote:

Carson kept his cool even though this woman was getting a bit irritating about now

" I was reading a paper in my bunk when the ship was hit , We were on our way from St. Michael's to Green leaf when the ship was boarded , It all happened so fast , I barely had time to move when the captain ushered that marine guy and me into the forward section and issued us some space suits and sealed us in that room , he said he was going to send a distress call and something about some freight I'm not sure exactly , then a loud bang followed by more bangs and we lost everything , we were literally a our last breath when you folks showed up "

Carson Beckett

"What paper were you reading?" Laura asked. If he could provide that sort of accurate detail, then he probably wasn't lying. People tended to remember tiny nuggets about traumatic events.

- Laura Stanier

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Carson looked at the lady square in the eye, he knew as a doctor that details counted , especially with new incoming patients

" I was reading a paper on my cortex unit about neural reconstruction and nerve regeneration, One of the fields I specialize in "

Carson Beckett

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Svara's eyes lit up upon hearing the topic of the paper Carson had been reading, though she neither moved nor made any sound. Without gobs of money or access to industry or academic feeds, topics like those were mostly out of reach for a layman. Secretly she began to fervently hope this doctor would forgive them their sins, stay aboard, and hopefully be open to sharing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

James M wrote:

Carson looked at the lady square in the eye, he knew as a doctor that details counted , especially with new incoming patients

" I was reading a paper on my cortex unit about neural reconstruction and nerve regeneration, One of the fields I specialize in "

Carson Beckett

It was now time for a different question that would throw any liar off balance. Laura walked away from a bit, then dramatically turned.

"What colour were your bedsheets?!" she screamed, "Tell me!"

- Laura the Mad Cop

Re: B Deck - Common Room and Galley

Silent Hunter wrote:
James M wrote:

Carson looked at the lady square in the eye, he knew as a doctor that details counted , especially with new incoming patients

" I was reading a paper on my cortex unit about neural reconstruction and nerve regeneration, One of the fields I specialize in "

Carson Beckett

It was now time for a different question that would throw any liar off balance. Laura walked away from a bit, then dramatically turned.

"What colour were your bedsheets?!" she screamed, "Tell me!"

- Laura the Mad Cop

Carson gave this lady a quzzical stare , but his fast mind was at work, sleep deprivation had not slowed him down  to much

" Standard issue surgical blue , like the ones I used in St Lucie's on Ariel , Made some folks itch "

Carson looked her in the eye

" Oh and the plaid flannel to keep you warm, blue and white "

Carson Beckett

Thumbs up Thumbs down