Topic: Al's Pancake Place - Deck 3

Al's is a familiar chain franchise in spaceports around the border. Typically open 24 hours, they specialize in pancakes but have a modest array of other diner fare. The chicken and waffles is always popular. The food is good, the price is cheap and it's consistent with the 5,000 other Al's you've dined at across the Verse. When the bars finally close, there is always Al's.

Re: Al's Pancake Place - Deck 3

OOC: Sorry, I've missed this!

IC: Dave left the hotel and entered the restaurant, looking for an empty table where he could sit down and have a look at the menu.

Al's was a very light brown place and he took a quick look at a poster on the wall, advertising the latest deals on offer; including a chicken lunch deal. He and Anna had been regulars at a local Al's in the days between their marriage and setting up the company, but these days Anna preferred slightly more upmarket fare; especially for date nights. Dave was still a fan and he would happily eat breakfast here.

He sat down and took a glance at the menu while waiting for a member of wait staff. Once he had decided, he pulled out his cortex device and then logged in to check his mail.

- Dave Rangel

A middle aged Asian woman with dyed blonde hair wearing the customary Al's uniform and apron walked up to the booth Dave settled in at. "Whatcha have hon?" Which by the Al's employee training guide translated to 'Good Morning Sir, welcome to Al's Pancake Place. We have a variety of excellent meals made to your order. Might I interest you in our daily specials.' The name tag pinned to her uniform clearly stated that her name was Pat.
-GM

"I'll have some coffee - white, no sugar and a stack of pancakes with maple syrup", Dave asked. Anna would probably tell him off for not having something healthier, but he'd had a considerable 'workout' last night and he felt he deserved it.

- Dave

"Bless your heart sugar, be just one sec." Related 'Pat', which of course translated into something like, 'whatever you want sir, can't order real coffee but you gotta be like one of those gorram Londonium creme slippers,  I'll get to it after serving someone a real meal.' That of course was a loose translation. Al's had a strong reputation for pulling folks in for excellent inexpensive meals, and having them stay for the lightly veiled abuse. It gave it some of that nostalgic earth - that - was spaceport vibe.
-GM

Dave nodded and let Pat leave. He wasn't a "Londinium creme slipper", he was from Persephone, like his wife. He'd only ever been there once when Anna had testified before Parliament... and most of his memories of that involved getting her out of expensive outfits.

His mail included some humorous forwards, a bit of spam and a discount offer from a gym that he'd once belonged to.

- GM

Pat worked the line next to the kitchen, preparing sides of slaw, beans and other dishes. She started speaking to a co-worker and giggling. The woman looked over at Dave and then back at Pat. The two were giggling like Japanese school girls.

In the course of time, a bit too much for the order, Pat came back with a mug of coffee and a place of Pancakes. She placed the items down in front of Dave with the grace of a T-Rex in a meadow of sheep. "Here ya go hun. Enjoy." The coffee was certainly white. The Pancakes were notably fluffy. "Lemme know if ya need somethin." Which of course meant something like 'screw you pops, I'm going on my smoke break.'

-Pat

David thanked her for the food and started to eat it, wondering what he was going to do today. Anna was likely to be gone for a few hours on her business related stuff and he didn't want to bother her on that; she could be quite tetchy if unduly interrupted.

He took a look at the local news and noted wryly that some actor had been caught having an affair.

- David