Topic: Time for a vote!

Seems some things have been brought up- proposed and/or seconded, or just flat out need to be voted upon. Kevin can you set up the voting booth for the following:

*Member Policy 2 Admendment
*Phoenix Treasurer
*Adding Election Voting Lenght (Unless we need more discussion on the actually time (length)

I bumped the thread to this one also....possibly need to vote on this...opinions in the linked thread please!
*Sim Creation and Ownership

DGC

Re: Time for a vote!

I think the last one (ownership) doesn't have a formal proposal available yet. The voting length one could arguably use a little more input, though there seemed to be fairly ready agreement on the length. The other two are just pending voting.

Okie... So let's go ahead and do vote for the first two, and continue to discuss the last two.

So, we'll be voting to amend Member Policy 2 as per this post?

Re the treasurer vote, can I check why we're voting on the policy proposed in post 33 and not the subsequent one after discussion proposed in post 37? As with the MemPol2 thread, I'm not precious over using my wording, happy to go with the best wording, but just want to be helped to see how the wording in #33 is better than #37.

With regards to election length, I think this is probably a good idea to deal with this situation of proposals being left hanging for ages, so yeah. Are we just waiting for someone to propose a motion based on post 1 but taking into account the subsequent discussion?

I've continued my discussion on the Sim Ownership policy in the thread itself.

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ash Leighton Plom wrote:

So, we'll be voting to amend Member Policy 2 as per this post?

Yessir

Re the treasurer vote, can I check why we're voting on the policy proposed in post 33 and not the subsequent one after discussion proposed in post 37? As with the MemPol2 thread, I'm not precious over using my wording, happy to go with the best wording, but just want to be helped to see how the wording in #33 is better than #37.

I really have no idea, to be honest. It doesn't look like the wording is that much different. We could do a poll and see which version the general membership prefers, if need be.

With regards to election length, I think this is probably a good idea to deal with this situation of proposals being left hanging for ages, so yeah. Are we just waiting for someone to propose a motion based on post 1 but taking into account the subsequent discussion?

Also seems to be some disagreement on the actual length.... How many days an election/vote should last before closing.

I've continued my discussion on the Sim Ownership policy in the thread itself.

Ash

Thanks!

I formally proposed the one in 33 because it's the one I'd written to propose. But to argue its wording, it's shorter and simpler - "as soon as is convenient to the General Membership" can go without saying (we trust the EVC to run votes sensibly), and there's no need to expand on final fiscal responsibility since it's a well defined legal term.

Fair enough. :-)

Last edited by Ash Leighton Plom (2014-11-23 14:28:51)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just a notice to everyone that these issues will also be on the ballot in the forth coming Extraordinary General Coordinator Election.

*Member Policy 2 Admendment
*Phoenix Treasurer