Topic: Official thread: new image for Phoenix

This is the official thread for people who are interested in designing a new image for Phoenix. This includes:

• A header for this site

• A logo for on this site and possibly other media

• A banner for when we want to advertise this page on other sides

• Exchange / affiliate buttons

The exact sizes are still under debate, but the header should be very horizontal, comparable in size to our current one. Details about the exact sizes will be issued later on; this thread is for those who are interested in joining the contest to inform us of their participation and to ask questions about the contest.

-Mischa

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Official thread: new image for Phoenix

Affiliate button should be no bigger than 88x31. That seems to be the standard size in the RPG community. Also many like for the exchange banner/advert to be no bigger than 500x500, but I have seen a few that are bigger.

Don't forget the link to the chat page.

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love the images posted so far (especially the second one), but I also value the simplicity of the fiery phoenix feather Amanda did for our current banner. Does it need replacing?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The idea is to be able to tie all the "outlets" in together with one banner/image or logo.While no its not really needed to be changed... But having a spiffy new banner for Phoenix's 5 year anniversary in August would be pretty awesome!

I plan on starting to work some on the wiki, updating it. Has this project had any movement as of late, or is it going to? I'd love a new banner to splatter everywhere.

Last edited by Elrood (2015-01-30 15:29:45)

The specific discussion about the banner had been slightly overshadowed by the discussion about Phoenix 2.0, while actually they could fly separately.

We could take stock of the situation and ask Euan if he has at least a rough estimate about the release of Phoenix 2.0. Then we would have two options:

1) if the release can be done soon enough, we could "link" the new graphical theme to the new site and maximize the impact of the launch.

2) if 2.0 will not arrive soon, then we could apply the new theme to the present site.

People, what do you think?

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think a unified branding campaign should get underway irregardless of 2.0. Outreach, alliances and image building for the club will not be impaired as we are now.

I'm torn.... I say this because the new banner could also be used for advertising and I would not want to wait, but I think it would be awesome (If possible), if 2.0 and the new graphics/banner would be ready in August on Phoenix's 5 year anniversary.

BUT if we are going to work at getting Phoenix out there, then I would rather have us looking as grande as we possible can.

I think rolling out 2.0 for the five year anniversary would be fabulous. Of course its up to Euan if that is a realistic goal. As for marketing and advertising, we need that going now.

I'm not sure that it would be feasible to be ready for August, but right now my free time is being dominated by the gaming con I'm running in 2 months (!!). I'd say we should go for a graphical facelift, and if it and Phoenix 2.0 are looking to be ready around about the same time as each other, one can delay for the other.

Then sounds like to me to release the new graphics now and pursue 2.0 when it's ready. imo

Seconded Elrood.

Thirded.

Mischa Brendel wrote:

This is the official thread for people who are interested in designing a new image for Phoenix. This includes:

• A header for this site

• A logo for on this site and possibly other media

• A banner for when we want to advertise this page on other sides

• Exchange / affiliate buttons

The exact sizes are still under debate, but the header should be very horizontal, comparable in size to our current one. Details about the exact sizes will be issued later on; this thread is for those who are interested in joining the contest to inform us of their participation and to ask questions about the contest.

-Mischa

Not sure what the size would be for a banner for the site...so if someone knows can you please let us know.

A banner for advertising- most other sites wish that your advertisement not be over 500x500. (To not stretch their board).

Affiliate buttons are normally 88x31

Should we continue with posting the images HERE, or open a new thread?

Need to stir up some additional input too. As much as I like your designs and mine, there are other talented folks out there too! I'm not fully sold on my screaming chicken and will try a couple other styles. Draw people!

Yes, this has been overshadowed somewhat by other events. As far as I am aware no additional designs were sent in after asking for participation in the newsletter, so what we already had is what we can work with. More imput is always a good thing of course but other than putting yet another message in the newsletter and asking people here on the forums to contribute, I don't know how we can get more designs to work with.

-Mischa

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would suggest to use only this thread as the place where to showcase the old (and hopefully new) proposals.

Can the proposed themes by Zuzutoo and Misty be displayed here, please?

I remember that we are searching for:

A header for this site
A logo for on this site and possibly other media
A banner for when we want to advertise this page on other sides
Exchange / affiliate buttons

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We also want to use the new header for this site as the new header for the newsletter. I suspect that we don't need to radically change anything about the header for that, but some tweaking might be needed.

-Mischa

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Here are the links to Kevin's:
HERE
HERE

And my background with two of Kevin's "texts" (also with his permission)
HERE

Of course I realize this doesn't fully cover everythins

A header for this site
A logo for on this site and possibly other media
A banner for when we want to advertise this page on other sides
Exchange / affiliate buttons

Cool stuff. Personally on Post 30, the second one - I really like that one if I were voting.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome stuff!

-Mischa

Thumbs up Thumbs down