Topic: Fall Fest 2014

Phoenix Roleplaying is going to be hosting this years Fall Fest. It will be taking place next Saturday, November 22nd. A tentative schedule will be coming out, asap...but we need a good show of Phoenix members to both host something and/or just show up and participate. Please reply here, email, or PM me if you'd like to help.

I know that we can band together and make this a good Fall Fest! (And it'll be a great way for our club to end 2014 after winning the Squiddie earlier this year!)

Misty, DGC

Re: Fall Fest 2014

For the ignorant amongst us, how does this work? I take it that it is something online ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Basically like the mini convention, but (hopefully) with more people from the roleplaying community.

OK, I kinda thought that might be the case but never hurts to ask!

Thanks!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I plan to host a live RP session.

Ah man, not enough notice for me, as we have people staying that weekend and are entertaining Saturday day and eve.  sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Its rather short notice, period. But we'll do with what we can. We do need some members to step up and lead discussions or some sort of Sim/game/trivia. And also to just show up and participate.

I agreed to this only because it was asked and I think it could be good Phoenix. But we as a club/community need to help and band together to accomplish this.

Depending on the time, I hope to at least show up and chat or participate. I do have plans for Saturday evening though.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'll see if I can't make a show!

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

gfictional wrote:

Depending on the time, I hope to at least show up and chat or participate. I do have plans for Saturday evening though.

I know you've told me before which time zone you're in, but for the life of me I cannot remember! sad It is tentatively starting about 1:45 EST (I get confused with the GMT and the such.), and ending about 8 EST.

Even if folks cannot lead or host a discussion, at least see if you can find the time to make an appearance, please.

Dale, you know you gotta!!!

It's OK, I would hardly expect you to remember what time zone I live in, I have enough trouble remembering what I ate for supper yesterday myself.

I live in the Midwest, so Central Time.

BTW, this morning we had 9 degrees BELOW zero wind chill,  sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Same as me, that's why I said I should remember!

Misty if I can sneak away for an hour at any point just to show some support I will!  smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That'd be awesome, Deb!

Fall Fest 2014. You can ahead a register your user name for the event!

There's an error on the sheet about the time difference - GMT is actually five hours ahead, not four. As the slot is vacant, I plan to start my session at 4pm EST.

Ignore my last. My slot will now be 5pm EST/10pm GMT.

Today is the day folks! Let's make a good showing for Phoenix since we have center stage. Looks like fun. I plan to be there until my phone gives out, even though I'm supposed to be selling stuff.

I WS actually asked about our attendance! So let's do what we can, when we can please folks!

Happening now! Head over and enjoy!

My RP is about to start in Chatroom 2.

So how did it go, the Fall Fest, in general? I was there the first few hours but then left to watch football and had company tonight so by the time I got back on, it was over with.

Just curious as to other's thoughts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really good - my sim seemed to go rather well.

- Silent

I managed to hang out for a couple of hours and it was great, especially Silent's sim.

Thanks so much Misty for putting in the work to ensure it was hosted so smoothly and professionally - I think Phoenix presented a pretty good public face as a result!

Deb

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I LOVED Fallfest:lol:! I liked Silent's and Zuzutoo's sim, but not the trivia. I don't like trivia that much and I don't think that I would have known any of that stuff they were talking about anyways.

Destiny is a freight train rolling along on a set course that only the conductor knows. When we get to the railroad crossing in our car, we can choose to stop and wait for the train to pass us by, or try to pull out in front of it and beat that bad boy across. That choice is our free will. If it's our destiny to be hit by the train, we will be hit by the train. The only thing we can change is how the train turns us into a hamburger.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was gone before the sim even started, but I did enjoy both rpg topic discussions hosted by Chas and Misty. Yeah, I watched the trivia for a bit but I didn't know any of the answers, undoubtedly because I am not a Harry Potter or Stargate fan. I have watched the Star Wars movies but nothing else so the whole thing might as well been presented in Bulgarian for all my awareness.  tongue  To each their own though.

It was certainly a good way to spend a few hours though and I compliment Misty on the nice job she did!

Thumbs up Thumbs down