Topic: Extraordinary General Coordinator Election

As people have been familiar, our General Coordinator Jason Anderson has been on an extended leave of absence due to RL issues. At this point after consultation on the rules of order, I need to formally declare the position of General Coordinator vacant according to Member Policy 5: Site-wide AWOL Policy and Section VI our rules, "in the case of the GC resigning/becoming AWOL, the EVC must call another election as soon as possible and appoint an Acting GC until the election concludes." This is the situation we find ourselves in.

For the next two weeks concluding on December 5, 2014 we will be accepting nominations for this Extraordinary election. I am appointing Misty Wilson as Acting General Coordinator for the interim process and to maintain continuity of he job she has already been performing.

At the conclusion of the conclusion of the nominations, there will be two weeks for campaigning which will be followed by elections beginning December 19 and concluding January 2, 2015.

If you have a member that you feel would be a good candidate for General Coordinator please nominate them now.

-Kevin Diamond
Election and Voting Coordinator

Re: Extraordinary General Coordinator Election

I second the vote for Misty. She's already doing the job, and doing it well.

-B

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I nominate Misty, Ash, and Silent.

-Euan

I must decline my nomination as I've already spent two years doing the job.

Misty is doing an amazing job, and would get my nomination.

If Kevin were interested, he'd also get a nomination from me.

~Deb

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Other people I forgot to nominate! Deb, Raven, Brandon, ksabers, RLongtin, and SoapyMac would all be cool smile

I'd certainly accept the nomination tongue

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Well done for getting this started, Kevin, Misty, et al. It is a difficult situation, having to acknowledge we need an extraordinary election to replace Jason in office while he wades through a tough time IRL, but absolutely appropriate that you take that step for the community and open nominations etc.

I have to decline my nomination, with great thanks for the thought. I might run to serve as GC again in the future, but I'm still not in a position to yet. :-)

I also totally second all those nominated above. I would also like to nominate Euan, who I know is doing more for Phoenix than ever before and has really impressed me recently with his grasp of policy and procedure and bringing items forwards for discussion and voting. Very good to see.

I'd like to nominate Mike Palmer, if he is interested, because I think he brings great integrity and wisdom to everything he does.

I wonder if any newer player who's becoming active in other leadership roles, like Elrood, would be interested in running?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thank you, but I'll decline my nomination for the post of GC. I'm just getting back in the swing of things here and don't want to over-extend myself.  smile

~Robert

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thank you for the nominations, I do accept!

Misty

Thanks Deb I appreciate the confidence, but as EVC I am not eligible according to the rules.

Thanks Deb I appreciate the confidence, but as EVC I am not eligible according to the rules.

I know how essential the EVC role is, so I'm darn glad that we've someone as reliable and capable as you in it.

smile

And thank you Euan for nominating me, but I too would decline as I'm kinda happy with the contenders we have already, and confident in our current and prospective governance.

Deb

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Ash Leighton Plom wrote:

I wonder if any newer player who's becoming active in other leadership roles, like Elrood, would be interested in running?

Currently the only roles I've posted interest for was to help with the social media sites, Twitter in particular but any, really, but they are all happily taken.

Beyond that though, I guess I'd have to say I'm rather confused on what it is all the various administrative positions do. Yes, I've read their descriptions but that's a bunch of legalese jargon to my apparently simpleton brain. Feels like we have more admin positions than actual players here some days. smile

Being said though, since this is the thread to do it and I have not yet, I will put in my nomination for Misty for GC.

Thanks for the nomination. Accepted!

Giò

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thanks, but no thanks.

-B

Not Suzy

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

Elwood: The summary of the Coordinators is actually pretty simple - the EVC runs elections and ballots, the TC is responsible for all our tech stuff (i.e. the site itself), and the GC is responsible for everything else.

-Euan

Hey folks, tomorrow nominations for candidates for the Extraordinary General Coordinator election will close. If you have anyone else to nominate, or you still need to affirm someone's nomination of you please do so now!

As mentioned in the previous post, nominations are now closed. As I read it, we have three candidates that have accepted their nominations. Those would be:

Dale "SoapyMac"
Misty "Misty Wilson"
Giorgio "Ksabers"

With that we move into the campaigning phase of our program. Kiss babies, shake hands and pass out baked goods while I prepare the interview questions, that should start tomorrow. Good luck to the candidates, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

....what you mean that's not how we decide elections here?....

Zuzutoo wrote:

pass out baked goods

You know, that can be illegal in the UK

I like Rebels.

Zuzutoo wrote:

With that we move into the campaigning phase of our program. Kiss babies, shake hands and pass out baked goods

What if I kiss hands, shake baked goods and pass out babies? Actually, wait... Don't answer that...

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

SoapyMac wrote:
Zuzutoo wrote:

With that we move into the campaigning phase of our program. Kiss babies, shake hands and pass out baked goods

What if I kiss hands, shake baked goods and pass out babies? Actually, wait... Don't answer that...

LOL Love it!

Ok folks, break out your banners and baked goods (except in exempted counties of the UK). Candidates, tell us a little about your vision for Phoenix. What do you wish to see us become, what are we doing well, how can we get there?

Start the baby kissing.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7502/15790951300_3f769cfed4_q.jpg

Not Suzy

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down