Topic: Logging In Issues

I know Tim was having issues earlier this week, and I talked with Raven yesterday and he said he is having trouble logging in. I'm not sure exactly what is problem is with him, tough. And he might be using his phone, mostly again.

Re: Logging In Issues

Some investigation suggests this might be something affecting those who were previously signed in with "remember me" set and are now signing in for the first time since we changed hardware and a certain config change was made (specifically, stickiness was disabled on the load balancer). If people see the same issue multiple times, please let me know the whens so I can look at the right part of the right logs.

I'm logging in okay, but still running slow.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i have a funny problem loggin in with my android phone.
everytime i log in and hit the log in button, i end up in a random thread.

not the biggest problem, and i don't have it since i ticked the remember me box for my phone too.

just wanne let you know.

Armored with faith, armed with knowledge, blessed with wrath.
Jennifer Roth-Mud&Mercs|Felix Winter-Wing Commander|Jochen Baumann-Covert-81|Neera Anzari-Area 88 Waving Wings|Eric O'brien-Area 88 Crimson Skies|Torsten Winkler-Rainbow Six

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You know... I noticed that the other day and thought I had hit something by had mistake! lol My iphone that I had previously, I would click keep me logged in, but everything I visited I had to log in..no biggie since I mostly use either my tablet or my computer. But, I digress.....I thought you would be glad to know that it wasn't just you!

I have the same issue with logging in on a pc. I use Google Chrome as a browser and had this issue on several computers.

-Mischa

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Same, for a couple of months now. I kinda like the random insight it gives me into sims/threads I might otherwise never read.  tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just had had the random thread thingy yesterday...on my computer via Firefox.

Something that I also run into on a regular basis: when I fill in my login info and press the login button, not only does it take me to a random page, but on the top it also still shows the 'log in' option, as if I haven't logged in yet. When I click the banner at the top of the page, that takes me to the homepage, but then I still am not logged in, according to the button at the top, which then still states 'log in'. But when I then click the 'log in' button, the page reloads and I am logged in (and the button says 'log out' instead of 'log in').

-Mischa

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bringing up that ol' random thread and "you maybe haven't logged in correctly" errors... I think I might've just fixed them, so if people could keep eyes open and let me know if they spot a change that'd be good smile

Since nobody's mentioned anything in the past couple days, I've gone ahead and reenabled a security feature we'd previously had to miss out on for linked reasons. If you see any messages about CSRF tokens please shout - they'll occasionally happen if people go a while without taking an action (e.g. if you're writing a long post), but otherwise shouldn't appear.

Thanks for letting us know. :-) I've not had any problems yet.

Thumbs up Thumbs down