Topic: AJJE Acquisition

I have heard back from Alex. He and the AJJE transition team were agreeable to the agreement we voted on and that I presented to him. It was requested to add in two things, that myself, Giorgio, SoapyMac, and Euan were all in agreement on...nothing has changed. I have added those in with the Italics tag.

Euan will most definitely be on the transition team for Phoenix. As well as Kevin, SoapyMac, and Silent. I will also be involved as needed.

1. Phoenix Roleplaying will take immediate and complete ownership of all copyrights - characters, original roleplaying settings, and any other intellectual copyright - held by AJJE Games. Alex Verdusco reserves the right to reuse the name "AJJE Games" at a future date should he choose.

2. Phoenix Roleplaying will enter into a long-term license, to last no less than five years, with Alex Verdusco in his role as the owner of the PARS posting technology to use the same technology to power some of the roleplaying environments on the Phoenix Roleplaying website.

3. The license referred to in 2 shall be bound by the following conditions:

3a. Alex Verdusco and/or a single designee of his choosing (hereafter referred collectively as Alex Verdusco), shall always have server access to PARS.

3b. Phoenix Roleplaying members authorized by Alex Verdusco are permitted to make adjustments to PARS. Anything that materially redefines the flow or alters the function of PARS shall not be classified as an adjustment and must have the approval of Alex Verdusco before being implemented.

3c. Should Phoenix Roleplaying violate condition 3a or 3b, Alex Verdusco shall have the right to remove PARS from the Phoenix Roleplaying website with a sixty day notice.

4. For absolute clarity, and the benefit of plain English terms, this agreement may be read as follows: Alex Verdusco will hand over all AJJE copyrights to Phoenix. Separately to this, Phoenix will license PARS from Alex Verdusco, on the conditions that Alex or his designee always have access to the PARS installation, that only Phoenix members authorised by Alex/his designee may adjust PARS code, and that any significant changes to PARS must have Alex/his designee’s approval. If these conditions are broken, Alex may terminate the license and remove PARS from the Phoenix website - however, even if this happens, Phoenix will continue to hold the copyrights.

5. In accordance with Alex Verdusco’s terms for our accepting PARS, a page will be maintained displaying his copyright to PARS and space will be made on the site for a brief history of the AJJE legacy. This page shall be displayed publicly within 180 days of both sides agreeing to this document.

Re: AJJE Acquisition

Glad to hear it's been fully agreed.

Silent

Agreed Silent.

I'd like to see point 5 implemented sensitively in regards to the position of those current members of Phoenix affected by 'The Schism'.

Deb

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

How much of a change on the forum are we looking at?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

None. There'll be pars.phoenix-rp.com which will be very different, but the most change you'll see on these boards will be possibly a sim or two that previously couldn't have been here and maybe some more people.

In terms of the actual RP, Garion and I will be handling that end of things. We're looking at 'integrating' sims in the same universe into a single category with the possibility for cross-OS action. We've also taken a look at the current sims of the PARS Wing and many of them were dead before this acquisition was even mooted.

It's worth noting that there's also various older AJJE sims that were removed from rostering. If possible, I'd like to get all the not-active ones into the cryochamber for people to know about and potentially reopen - even just as forums with a one-post thread detailing the premise, and maybe some details on characters.

Did that help answer your question, Osprey? There will be some FAQ's coming as fast as I can get them. I think I just need to start carrying a notebook and pencil around everywhere with me! lol

And yes, I agree Deb!

What about sims created by ex-AJJE members like me? Will I for example regain my status as sim creator for USS Alexandria? How will it work?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Krista Bäckman wrote:

What about sims created by ex-AJJE members like me? Will I for example regain my status as sim creator for USS Alexandria? How will it work?

THIS is definitely a question to be added to the FAQs.

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Krista Bäckman wrote:

I would definitely favour that.

Euan Reid wrote:

It's worth noting that there's also various older AJJE sims that were removed from rostering. If possible, I'd like to get all the not-active ones into the cryochamber for people to know about and potentially reopen - even just as forums with a one-post thread detailing the premise, and maybe some details on characters.

Do you want a hand with that?

Silent

Silent Hunter wrote:
Krista Bäckman wrote:

I would definitely favour that.

Yes, Krista, you would. A prime example of why we wanted the copyrights included in the agreement. smile

Also I was working on some FAQ's our DGC thought of, and if anyone would like to add some question, we can gladly add them. (And no... all are not answered yet, sorry.. still balancing RL.)

What is this merge? Why is Phoenix doing it?

What is PARs? How is it different from playing in a forum?

PARs stands for Post And Reply System.

Will PARs substitute the current forum system?

No. We will still have and use our forum, but we will also have a PARs “wing” or section. It can be accessed at pars.phoenix-rp.com

I played a sim with Pars at AJJE. Will I be able to continue it here?

All active sims from AJJE will be on our PARs wing. The inactive ones will still be available to reinstate and kept in our “Cryo-chamber”.

I played at AJJE and now I'd like to create a new sim at Phoenix. Should I do it with PARs or with the forum?

Which-ever you would like!

I played with PARS but now I'd like to switch my sim to the forum system. Can I do it? Can I migrate my existing sim?

Both Phoenix’s Technical Coordinator and AJJE’s WebMaster are hoping to make this possible!

I am a Phoenix player and I just want to keep playing my current sims. Does this merge change something for me?

Basially no.

I am a Phoenix SL and this PARs seems great! Can I migrate my existing sim?

Both Phoenix’s Technical Coordinator and AJJE’s WebMaster are hoping to make this possible!

Can I play at the same time in different sims, some using PARs and some using the forums?

Yes, yes and yes!

I heard about a limited time license. What will happen to Phoenix and my sims after this time?

Have I missed an obvious one here if it's already been addressed but can we add to the FAQ:

Could a Phoenix sim be run in PARs instead?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would imagine that would be covered by:

<<I am a Phoenix SL and this PARs seems great! Can I migrate my existing sim?

Both Phoenix’s Technical Coordinator and AJJE’s WebMaster are hoping to make this possible!>>

http://i.imgur.com/CiLAXBN.jpg?1

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Basically what Venus pointed out. I straight up asked Euan that! smile

But we can add to the faq's if there are other questions!  smile

Hey lovely admins. Could we get an update on the AJJE acquisition situation? Sorry if I have missed one posted elsewhere. :-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You haven't. I've been holding off because there seems to be some tech issues with login credentials or something...I'm not that technically inclined....Euan would be able to answer more in that area, of course!

I believe Silent and Garion have a working list of sims, and I have reached out to SL's and COs as well as an email sent to the general membership.

Kevin has typed up a preliminary history of AJJE  that I need to get emailed and posted for opinions.

hmm.....sorry, I've been adjusting to the move, school, kids, etc....Still have one that doesn't start until Sept 1, but they all 3 start and end at different times!

Thanks for this, and for everything you do. :-) what are the next steps?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Login stuff's all sorted, so data needs loaded across from AJJE into our database. Once that's done we can progress on making the PARS wing accessible.

Excellent. How long will it take to move across?

Technically, shouldn't be long. Practically, depends on when people are available and whether we hit any roadbumps. Right now it's a "how long is a piece of string" question, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the update and all the work you do. :-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is anyone else unable to log in to AJJE at all?

I get this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Yeah I have that error too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down