Re: AJJE Acquisition

It's been that way for almost a month.  Domain ended in Nov.

Ah, right... Thanks for letting us know.

Last edited by Silent Hunter (2015-11-20 10:42:04)

So, how do things stand now? Are/have any sims that were originally on AJJE coming/come over to Phoenix?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

They will be, yes - Angela's recovering from wisdom tooth adventures, so there's a bit of a hiatus on transferring things over, plus Alex has had to rewrite some bits of code that relied on a much older version of PHP, but everything that was on AJJE will be on the PARS wing.

Understood, thanks for the update. :-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey friends, can I get a summary of where things are with this?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, there's some code that needs some bugs fixing... but we're very, very close. I'm border hopping to the US yet again next week then have some crunch deadlines, so whilst I'll hope to have time this weekend to have things ready for beta-testing if I can't make time it'll not be for another couple weeks. Before the end of June though? Almost certainly big_smile

Do you need any beta testers?

Surprise update! Turns out there were a few more issues than thought, but we're now tentatively at 100% for logging in, reading, posting, and replying. Admin menus are semi-functional (MOTD updates work, but nothing else for certain) for Akers sims, not the rest yet.

Woohoo! It seems to be working!

Whoo-hoo Akers Bluff!

Tech folks have agreed to beta testing in the Akers Zone of Akers Bluff (and one other Akers sim)! If you are interested let me know, please. I will give the name of the other sim as soon as some matters are taken care of!

Akers=Firefly.

Misty

Is it up?
Can I see it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd be pleased to volunteer.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Still interested in beta testing.

Email (or pm) me character name and ideas, please!

Would it be OK for me to just go in without a character? I just want to have a look round.

Same. Not quite sure what is there and what would work, tbh.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

One thing I am anxious gets handled very well is sim merging/dual-timelining.

So, when Phoenix and AJJE parted ways those years ago, some of the sims continued in both clubs, with the same characters, NPCs, universes, etc...

What I'd like to know is being well scrutinised is the process for how remerging the clubs will reconcile these sims.

I guess the default position has to be they are parallel universes, because some of the changes will be irreconcilable. But it would be good if there was a group of considerate and generous-spirited people facilitating those conversations and finding the best way forwards for all involved, probably on a sim-by-sim basis?

Ash

The dual sims, and timelines, etc is foremost in my mind. Well other than getting the wing up and running. Just off the top of my head the only issues with that is in the 'Verse. The Prinz and the Atlantis being the main one now that The Odyssey has closed, here.

Misty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I reclaim to keep USS Phoenix, USS Intruder and SB222 as creator and have plans to to put those into one sim and resume where I left off.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Will there be a sim start up thread in PARS too? Or should I discuss my ideas in a thread on this forum?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I said I was planning to run Argos; not so sure now, but I'll think about it.