Topic: Newsletter team

Some time ago I asked people if they would be interested in joining the newsletter team. I got several replies on the forum and I emailed those who made their interest known. Most of those people replied and told me what they had in mind as contribution to the newsletter. So far this is what I have:

- Silent Hunter: background articles and news articles;
- Robert Longtin: putting all the articles in the newsletter;
- Misty Wilson: someting fun that could also be used on the blog;
- Deborah Leighton Plom: Anything that is useful;
- Zuzutoo: contribute to the newsletter and willing to act as junior editor.

These are the replies to my emails that I could find. Both SoapyMac and Osprey also replied on the forums that they were interested in contributing, but I cannot find any reply from them to my email. Whether this is because they haven't sent me a reply or because somehow I missed it I do not know but both are, as well as others who are interested, welcome to join of course.

In this thread I'd like to start talking about who would do what exactly. Some have already given a clear view of how they want to contribute, others have left it more open. So I guess establishing clear roles is the first thing we might look at. Another important issue is choosing a deputy editor-in-chief. Or a backup or simply second editor-in-chief. The name doesn't actually concern me, but the role of this person does: this person would simply act as the editor-in-chief should I be unable to round up things in time simply to make sure the newsletter comes out on time. I was wondering if you would be interested in this, Silent? You are already a major contributer to the newsletter, so you seem like the most logical choice for this.

-Mischa

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Newsletter team

I'd have to pass on that one. I have enough on my plate as is. Thanks for the offer though.

I'm willing to contribute to the newsletter as well, and not opposed to backing you up as junior editor.
-Kevin

I understand, Silent. And thanks, Kevin. I'll add you to the list.

-Mischa

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Still happy to be a helper. My real life commitments (mainly my children and my work) are my only constraints to taking on a deputy role, so I'd better not volunteer for that, but really happy to write articles or interviews, or anything else deemed useful!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Oh Deb!! In character interviews! All the possibilities!

Now, that's something I'd be up for, as either interviewer or interviewee.

Even I can't resist that offer. tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh my. Misty that's genius.  big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Time to push this forward.

I love the idea of in-character interviews! Misty and Deborah: if you could see to this, that would be awesome. I can imagine it would be a bit hard to work with very hard deadlines on this, so I'd say: just set things up for interviews as you see fit and work it out into articles. Whether that would be in the form of a question-answer interview or in another form I leave up to you as well. As for the size of the articles: if you could write them either around 700 words or around 1400 words, that would work best: 700 words is a 1-page article; 1400 words a 2-pager.

And should you have other ideas for an article, you can of course always mail your ideas and we can work from there.

Kevin, I would like to appoint you to junior editor-in-chief, meaning that I'll give you access to the unpublished stories and articles as well, so that you can access those and work on them should I be unable to. Do you have a Google account? Because then I can simply add you to the Google Drive folder I use for the newsletter articles. Dropbox would also work; just let me know which you prefer. You also mentioned that you are willing to contribute to the newsletter. Do you have any concrete thoughts on how? Were you thinking about articles, or possibly about news stories? In case of the latter we could think about adding another news page to every newsletter. One of the things I have been thinking about adding for some time is a quick overview of which sims have started/been proposed and which sims have closed down in the past month. But we'd need other news sections as well if we are to add another page. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

If there are things I have missed, or if anybody has any other ideas they think are suited for the newsletter, just post them here!

-Mischa

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

In-character interviews are a great idea. All my characters are willing to answer to whatever anyone wants to ask them!

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As are most of mine.  wink

I'll see about working something up, in the next feww days!