Re: A Twilight 2k esque or Mercenary Sim

I'd join the Merc game... I've got a long, long, long list of mercs who need playing

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How about a freeform rp?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It was going to be freeform. As I was unable to find my rulebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have them all. We could use the adventures as well.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, due to some recent consideration.

If I can get 6 players, I'll do this. But it's going to take a couple of weeks to get started, as I'm getting hit pretty hard by life at the moment

Thumbs up Thumbs down

CarlosBeLoLo wrote:

It was going to be freeform. As I was unable to find my rulebook

Have you heard of DriveThruRPG at all?

I have, I bought a bunch of these Battlelords of the 23rd century books from there, though I'm also considering freeform as I'm not really sure how I'd handle roles. And what not

Basically in concept I'd like to move the timetable up a few years. So if any of you would like to play women in the infantry, you'll be able to do that as it is. 2020 or so. (Ironette, I'm looking at you) And also, the gear is much more modern and something I'm familiar with.

Also, for the group. I was considering you were a ragtag band of special forces operatives from a few NATO nations, still fighting the war you were pretty sure was over. Doing all kinds of commando stuff, hitting hard targets, disrupting what little remains of supply lines, and most importantly. Trying to survive

Last edited by CarlosBeLoLo (2016-03-20 00:41:21)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Never mind then. I thought we would do a REAL T2k. I'm slowly beginning to realize that Phoenix has not much anymore to offer to me. Maybe I've started to grow out of it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I had suggested that, because previously. I had asked about moving up the time period, and people. Including you seemed receptive to that.

However, if this is about the special forces thing. I'm up for changing it to a eclectic bunch of US and NATO infantry.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can we play marines?

Because, I want to play marines.

At MCAS Miramar, drowning in Pilots and Sun

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess I spoke too soon above. Maybe one more time into the breach.

I played a Ranger Major in the earlier T2k games. I'm not opposed to Spec Ops, but I'd love to get the feel of the original T2k plot at least once.

2020 ok if we won't be invincible. If we have superior vehicles, weapons and Equipment, unlimited food and fuel, it's either unrealistic or not post-apocalyptic..... It has to involve survival in an almost completely destroyed World.

Even in small wars supplies are low!

I have rplayed several Spec Ops characters, so that's no problem.

Ragtag? Battlestar Galactica 2020? Civilians to protect? Drones following us?

Please don't make Knights of Blood and Steel, Muds and Mercenaries, Rainbow Six, Merc:2000 and T2k exactly identical!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, so. I am fully aware of how to make a game post apocalyptic, breaking down equipment, lack of fuel. I know how to run lack of supply. Just because you're in 2020 doesn't mean your armor and gear is going to last forever. Your uniforms will be dirty, and a  Soviet era truck with a quarter tank of fuel will be as much of a godsend to you as a Stryker ICV.

Rainbow 6 is about being a Elite Counter Terrorism operative for a U.N. funded and supplied group. So, supplies wouldn't be an issue.

Mud and Mercenaries is about being a member of a global paramilitary company, and I'm not Ironette so I'm personally unaware of how to handle supplies.

Knights of Blood and Steel. Is in it's First mission, so I haven't had the time. To show the truly despair filled state of things with supplies, fuel, and ammo. And while later we will switch to the western front, these things will still be an issue.

But do know that I am fully capable of running a game set in a world where fuel, food, and everything in scarce. Because I've done twilight 2k before, I ran a game where the players were a VDV company who'd lost all their airborne and mechanized support. They hoofed it everywhere. most used surplus weapons, and half of them were supply clerks and mechanics.

So please, just trust that I know what I'm doing. And don't judge a game that hasn't gotten out of it's first two threads.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I didn't mean it in that way.... sad

Feel of original T2k, not now, but in the future, on any site.

I have seen too many games online(not Phoenix) that is supposed to be T2k or post-apocalyptic with unlimited everything.

I just seen tanks/pcs mentioned in every game. Tanks are almost invincible. I wish not for a tank.

I write what I hope and wish for, not trying to decide. I wasn't critizing or judging anyone's game, only telling you how I feel and what I've seen.

VDV?

If anyone hurt their feelings, I apologize! I'm sorry! I'm just so interested...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

VDV is Russian Airborne. I played in that game, it was fun. It's been too long.

I'm fine with whatever really, but yeah. I don't want all kinds of armor and stuff.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes, VDV traditionally wear a blue beret and striped undershirts and are considered elite forces; there were no less than seven divisions of them during the Cold War.

Can't join this due to lack of time but will watch with considerable interest.

Heh, I was going to play an ordinary intel analyst who sat in front of a computer all day...that being said, SOF has intel analysts.

I was actually mostly considering making it a combination of. the 101st Airborne, 1st Marine Division, and Some British units.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No worries, I can do Screamin' Eagles. Worked for an MP unit that was part of them...anyhoo...

I thought it'd make for a good mixture of units.

I was with 1-33 cav, for a while.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

716th MP, myself. I was their S-2 in Afghanistan, 2005.

Why do you speak like we are all Soldier? Explain post-# 66, 68, 69 & 70, please.

I am fascinated and interested in wars. I had no opportunity in life to get that life and I'm still from Finland.

MP = Military Police?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

#66 - SOF = Special Operations Forces
#68 - Screamin' Eagles = nickname of the 101st Airborne
#69 - 1-33 cav = https://www.facebook.com/133WARRAKKASANS wow they even have their own facebook ? colore me impressed. So yeah the unite Carlos was in
#70 - https://www.facebook.com/716thMP/ does every unit has a facebook account ?! so yeah mlb38's unit, with mlb38 being in the rank of S-2 ? oh wikipedia throw out this to S-2 while the S stands for Staff and the number for the field of specialization

wikipedia wrote:

Intelligence / security / information operations (2)

The intelligence section is responsible for collecting and analyzing intelligence information about the enemy to determine what the enemy is doing, or might do, to prevent the accomplishment of the unit's mission. This office may also control maps and geographical information systems and data. At the unit level, the S2 is the unit's security officer, and the S2 section manages all security clearance issues for the unit's personnel. Other duties of the S2 often include intelligence oversight and physical security.

so guys how may ponits do i get for my google- and wiki-fu ?

Last edited by Spart (2016-03-26 09:17:08)

Armored with faith, armed with knowledge, blessed with wrath.
Jennifer Roth-Mud&Mercs|Felix Winter-Wing Commander|Jochen Baumann-Covert-81|Neera Anzari-Area 88 Waving Wings|Eric O'brien-Area 88 Crimson Skies|Torsten Winkler-Rainbow Six

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spart, you get 10 points and a free burrito.

Uh Krista, I was talking like a soldier because well it didn't directly relate to everyone's in game roles so. I was having a conversation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't think there's a link for my old unit, A Troop, 3rd Squadron, 12th Cavalry.  We were stationed at Armstrong Barracks in Buedingen, West Germany.  We were the cav for 3rd Armored Division.  It was a cool unit.  HHT, three line troops (A,B,C) and one air cav troop (D), which had Cobras and Hueys.

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My old unit probably has a Facebook page. 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion 1st Marine Division. Stuck at friggin 29 palms.

I'd be down to play a guy from them in good 'ol twilight 2k

At MCAS Miramar, drowning in Pilots and Sun

Thumbs up Thumbs down