Topic: Leaving Phoenix

Dear fellow players,

As you may have noticed, my posting has become more irregular and infrequent. The reason is this: I am having more and more trouble to find the time to post. I recently took on a new function at my company, leaving my with less spare time and I already had trouble during that spare time to find some moments to post on these forums.

I love Phoenix Roleplaying, but the truth is that right now posting here is becoming a task which I actually have to work to make time for; time I actually do not have. That is why I have decided to leave Phoenix Roleplaying. It was a difficult decision, but I have thought about this a lot and it seems like the only viable option right now.

I have already mailed the people in the sims that I govern about my decision: I don't want to simply leave the sims and let people figure things out for themselves: if someone wants to step up as SL and/or GM for those sims, I will gladly help them get settled into that role.

I should also point out that there was interest from to new players to join the Odyssey sim. If anybody wants to run that sim I will of course bring that person into contact with these potential new players.

That leaves the newsletter: I think the newsletter does really add to the forums and I would love to see someone take over from me as editor-in-chief. I have the necessary templates, quite some background stories in stock (thank you, Silent!) and the actual archives of the old newsletters which I will gladly hand over. I also have the info for the outlook and dropbox accounts that I have set up for the newsletter, which I can also hand over.

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to play with you all and I enjoyed it greatly. And who knows? Perhaps in the future I'll find the time for this awesome roleplaying website again and find my way back.

But for now: goodbye!

P.S. After that dramatic ending this seems a bit of an anticlimax, but regarding to handing over tasks: just email me about that and we can discuss these matters. I would also like to as to keep my account on here active for a little longer, since there are some PM's I have in regards to those potential Odyssey players that I mentioned.

-Mischa

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Leaving Phoenix

ok, bye sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As I have already told you privately, I am very sorry to see you leaving Phoenix, but I hope that this is due to an improvement of your job and of your life, so I wish you every good thing of this world! It has been an honor and a joy to play with you!

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Allow me to echo those sentiments, Mischa.  We have been gaming together for more than five years, and its always been great.  But like the Phoenix reborn from the ashes, you can always come back when the situation suits you.  May God bless you, my friend.

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shame to see you go and God bless. Thank you for all the good times.

Sad to see you go Mischa, hopefully you'll be able to swing by these parts again someday!