Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim turned around to look at Kristina and said, "Radiation's ok... how yer air?"  The engineer pulled out a piece of bright orange cloth and tied it to the rail at the entrance to the air lock corridor, so that it could be seen from the hallway to the Bridge.  He then made a hand motion for his partner to follow him, and he headed down for the Bridge, pulling himself along by the rails and avoiding stepping in the centuries old collection of dust on the deck.  Just to see if it worked, Jim used his comm and said, "Kin ye hear me sergeant?", then he used the external speaker on his suit and said, "Kin ye hear me?"  This way he'd know which one to use in communicating.  He stayed alert as he moved down the hallway, watching for any important remains on the deck, and for any signs on the bulkheads.

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

52

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

The crew of the Vaco sat in their metal tomb. The blast shielding of the salvage scow was designed to protect against all spectrums of radiation.

"I am sorry the signal boost on the communications rig is overloaded. The entire chipset has melted I cannot fix it unless we have atmosphere in the technical room", Jodelle aka "Five" looked at the burnt out components and began designing the new hardware.

"So we have no comms?", Logan aka "Three" sat back in his seat, "You are the smart ones I do not want to just drift in space until something happens. Are we expecting to be rescued?"

"I for one would prefer to get on that Ark", Krömbeck aka "Four" said as he looked down at his PDA, "We have the equipment and the training. Risk vs Reward and the rewards could be wunderbar".

Octavia looked at Tyrell aka "Six" for agreement and then looked at the drawing she had been given by Seer. She scanned each of her team and all were in agreement. Risks vs Rewards .....
"Prepare to get the ship back on full life support all decks. Lets move with a purpose."

-SS VACO Deck 1 Bridge
Octavia/Logan/Jodelle/Krombeck/Tyrell

Last edited by Raj (2016-05-11 04:09:20)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim turned to Kristina and said, "We'll have sometin' t' tell our grandkids about after this 'un."  He continued forward using the rails to pull himself along...

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Kristina just sort of grunted a yes as they moved on, she didn't like moving in the space suit. If only the air worked, the air never worked.

"If I have grandkids that is"

-Kris

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

"Jest hand in thar an' we'll git ye out in one piece", Jim said with a laugh.  "Ain't no big deal.  Jest gotta find out th' name o' this here derelict an' we'll git gone."  He hoped that they could find the Bridge, or at least something that would let them know the name of the ship and perhaps what had happened to her.  He continued to pull himself along they moved down the corridor...

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

As they floated down the cooridor theY passed a long scrawl of graffiti stating an ominous "Abandon all hope." The passage then Turned toward the center of the ship, before turning back forward again. At long last they came to a sealed door labeled 'bridge'. The door did not respond to attempts to open it, nor was there an access panel visible.
-GM

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim looked at the impassable door and sighed, then turned to Kristina.  "Well sarge, we ain't gonna get through that Bridge hatch without a torch and some time, so let's head back an' see ifn' we kin find another hatch that'll let us git in.  We need t' ID this derelict fer th' Dock Master."

The engineer turned them both around and headed them back the way they had come, making mental notes on distance and time consumed so that he could relate this to the next explorers.  No other hatches up this way, he thought to himself.  Wonder what's behind these bulkheads... Bridge crew quarters maybe?"  Once they got back to their starting point, Jim again consulted their air supply to see how much longer they could go before they needed to leave, including a little extra air just in case...

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Kristina also nodded and headed out with the Chief, looking around for anything that would identify the vessel. Humming quietly to herself as she watched. Before remembering

"Now Chief, I don't know what branch you are from. And forgive me, but I would prefer. Since I'm A Marine and we to our Sergeants by a full title. If you'd call me Gunnery Sergeant, Gunny, or Steele, or Kris."

-Kristina

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

As they floated through the long coordidor, the only identifying markings were the numerich coding for the sections inside a yellow circle. The rays from the suites lights reflected on tiny dust particles stirred up from their previous passage creating an eerie haze in the ship. Nothing had lived in this hall for sometime.
-GM

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim heard the sergeant speak about her preferred manner of being addressed, and as he pulled himself along the rails said, "I was in th' Navy, Gunny, an' saw action at Sturges, then got promoted right outta ships all t'gether.  Spent th' rest o' my time as a Chief Warrant in a ship yard puttin' ships back t'gether an' buildin' new 'uns."  It was the most Jim had said about his past to anyone in a long time.

He pulled back to their starting point, and then checked his O2 reading so that they didn't run out of air while exploring.  Seeing it was fine, he said to Kristina, "You game t' check down this passage th' other way?"

- Jim

OOC - FYI, Jim was recognized as a hero at the Battle of Sturges, for cobbling together an escape pod from scrap and using it to rescue survivors... crew and marines trapped in the wrecks of blasted warships.  He rescued men and women from both sides, as he didn't want to let anyone die needlessly in a vacuum.  He was promoted to Chief Warrant Officer, decorated and assigned to the Iskellion Shipyard on Persephone for the rest of the War.

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2016-05-21 18:58:12)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

"Well if we're talking about service. I spent my early career as a lance corporal. Promoted to sergeant after I went special forces. And then I spent most of my time crawling around some planet... Doing my job, no accolades. Just ribbons and marksmanship badges. I'd figured you for Chief Petty Officer though. I'm impressed though. Not everyday you meet a war hero. No matter what side"

She peered after him down the passage, giving it a good muzzle sweep before confirming

"Yes, I'm ready"

-Kristina

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim nodded and smiled at Kristina.  "Th' good Lord put me thar at Sturges", the engineer said quietly, "in th' right place at th' right time, t' save a whole parcel o' folks.  I jest did what needed doin'."  With her affirmation that she was ready to go on, Jim said, "Check yer air gauge an' lets make sure we got breathin' time yet t' spare."  With their checks done, Jim continued down the passageway in the opposite direction from the Bridge.  "If'n we don't come across somethin' soon that tells us what this here ship is, we need t' turn 'round and head back t' th' airlock.  I want t' go outside an' see if'n we kin see anythin' through th' Bridge view ports."

- Jim

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2016-05-31 04:28:11)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

63

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

The Vaco on board computer began its warning system before the atmospheric vents opened to oxygenate the decks.
Krombeck checked the O2 gauge and synced the processing for a stable mix for optimum working environment.

"Will our suits hold against whatever radiation is out there?". Octavia looked over Krombeck shoulder.

"We need a canary", Krombeck said with no emotion, "I need some expendable organic life. Something living I can put in a pod."

"You are so mean", Jodelle barked at Krombeck,"I love birds."

"Guys, and ladies ... and whatever you are Krombeck this might be a good time to let you know there is a rat living in Seer's room. I think its his pet. The guy is a friggen loon.", Logan looked over at the Captain's room.

"Rat are very resilient to radiation so it will be fine. Go get it I'll be in my lab preparing the pod.", Krombeck went the lift as all the lights went green and the computer acknowledge the ship had been pressurised.

-SS VACO Deck 1 Bridge
Octavia/Logan/Jodelle/Krombeck

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Kristina nodded along with Jim still. Listening in intently, her stomach dropping as she heard about them going back into the black.

"If only we could find the power. I'd love to be rid of this suit, if only for a small moment"

-Kristina

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

The hall seemed equally long as the one they had drifted down. The sediment covering the floor here as well. At length they came upon two doors with bright yellow disks painted on them and titles stating Environmental Sciences and Computer Services in English and mandarin.
-GM

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim kept moving forward hand over hand and said, "Even if there was power, Gunny, ye'd be exposed t' radiation that'd make ye sick if'n it didn't kill ye.  If'n time is wi' us, we'll do a check on th' rad levels a'fore we doff our suits."  He turned around for a second and added, "Right now that suit's yer best buddy... best keep it sealed an' keep movin'.  This here sight seein' trip's prob'ly th' only time we're gonna git t' see inside this Ark.  Once th' word's out, th' Purp... beg yer pard'n Gunny...  th' Alliance's gonna swoop down on this here Ark like a duck on a June bug."

- Jim

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2016-06-01 01:38:00)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Kris laughed at the chief's comment about the alliance. "It is fine chief, I just fought on their side... I don't hold a lot of ill will about nations or banners. Most people just don't think the same as me."

As for the radiation, of course that was a concern. If she was to go out, she'd prefer a hail of bullets to quick radiation poisoning. At least she could shoot back in that case.

"Although yes, being quick would be... Important"

-Kristina

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim silently agreed with the Gunny and said, "Yeah, too many folks got their knickers in a twist 'bout what happened.  I like yer style Gunny.  It's over, an' if'n folks don't make it an issue, I don't either.  But if'n ye come 'cross some puffed-up bureaucrat now a'days, well, that gits m' bowels in an uproar."  He was beginning to take a chine to this 'ole mud marine, in spite of himself.

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

OOC - Checking in to avoid AWOL status.

Mike tpo Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Shortly a steep staircase led down to the next deck, or there were the two doors they had passed  while floating down the hall. Their air supply looked solid for another 30 minutes before they would have to turn back and find their way out.
-GM

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim turned and went back to the closest door to their progress and examined it to see if they could get it open.  He checked to see if the room beyond was identified by any notations in the hall on the bulkhead or on the door itself, and if there was a maintenance access panel in the event the door got stuck.

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Zuzutoo wrote:

The hall seemed equally long as the one they had drifted down. The sediment covering the floor here as well. At length they came upon two doors with bright yellow disks painted on them and titles stating Environmental Sciences and Computer Services in English and mandarin.
-GM

The doors were unpowered but not difficult to push apart to gain access. The closest was environmental sciences.
-GM

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

OOC - D'oh! Sorry Kevin, I missed that post before.

IC - Jim looked around at his partner and said, "Let's take a gander at this 'un", then he opened the door to the Environmental Sciences Lab.  He used his light to scan the interior before entering, to see what was in here.

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

"I'd suggest you let me go first Chief" Kristina said flatly as she looked into the room, giving it a good muzzle wave.

"I would kind of. Like to see at least something"

-Kris

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Salvage Ship Vaco

Jim felt bad about having hogged the limelight in this adventure.  "Sheeeeit, Gunny, I'm right sorry", he said as he thought about the situation.  "You betcha... git on in there an' have at it.  But if'n ye see somebody, don't shoot 'em right off.  I'd kind like t' talk wi' 'em 'bout what happened."  He checked his O2 gauge and said, "Let's keep it kinda light, as I'd like t' have time t' take a gander in th' winders on th' Bridge a'fore we gotta head back to th' ship."  He stepped aside to let her have a go at the room.  For the love of God, don't let her get hurt 'cause I stepped aside, he prayed silently.

- Jim

Thumbs up Thumbs down