Topic: EVC2016

Its that time again! As the beginning of Phoenix election season, first up is the Election Voting Coordinator position. This position once elected will be responsible for running all other elections. The responsibilities of the EVC are laid out in the Roles and Responsibilities section of Phoenix rules. I am happy to guide any candidates through the process to make them comfortable with what the position entails.

Timeline for the election will be as follows:

May 2 - 15 Nomination of Candidates
May 16 - 29 Campaign period 
May 30 - June 6 Voting 
The voting booth will close at 12:01am Midnight PST on Tuesday June 7

Re: EVC2016

Do we nominate here?

Please do.

I nominate: Ironforte and Silent Hunter

yay! Glad to have nominees. Its really not a difficult position, but it is necessary to insure a continued democratic governance of this club. Time is basically running out on nominees, so get them in now!

I nominate Kevin 'Zuzutoo' Diamond and SoapyMac

I'm going to decline my nomination due to lack of time, but thank you very much.

Silent Hunter

I am reluctant to run again, being that other members deserve a chance to participate in governance for the club, but in lack of other nominees, I can certainly do the position again since it's pretty low impact. So I suppose that is an acceptance.

I'll accept the nomination. Just learned about it today (Thanks Rebecca)

At MCAS Miramar, drowning in Pilots and Sun

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Thanks for accepting IronForte. Soapy any word on acceptance?

Ok, so Soapy declined his nomination, so that closes nominations. Looks like the race for EVC for 2016 will be between IronForte and Myself. So we will now move to the question and answer part of the campaigns.

First, if the candidates could express their view on the importance of being the Election and Voting Coordinator.

GO!

(I assume I do this here)

Importance of being the Election and Voting coordinator is obviously one of the more important positions of Phoenix, because as I understand. We pride ourselves on being a democracy, and of course what is a democracy without it's electoral college?

I would like to provide this roll to the best of my abilities, and I believe I can do that

(This is my first time running for... Anything, so bear with me)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What should we offer as bribes? wink More seriously, what do you see being your biggest challenge if elected and how would you look to overcome it?

I like Tim Hortons, and ever since I moved down south I haven't had any.

More seriously, i"d say going on tour would be my biggest challenge. Along with keeping up with things while I'm sent to training all over and what not.

Also, this would be my first time doing this, so I'd have to learn the ropes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

IronForte wrote:

Also, this would be my first time doing this, so I'd have to learn the ropes.

Everybody's new at some point. Good luck, man!

EVC is a very important position because you are imbued with the trust of the membership to keep the running of the club attuned to the will of its constituents. Not every little thing need be decided in masse, but significant issues should be decided with a vote. Votes are carried out on a third party off site voting booth. To date we have been using ballotbin. It's really a fairly simple job, that requires little additional time. The main event is the General Coordinator and Tech Coordinator positions coming up in June. Occasional policy votes come up, and the rare opportunity,such as the AJJE acquisition happen.

Mainly you stay impartial, moderate the process and report the results.

How would you improve voter turnout?

Ballots have been sent out. Voting will remain open until midnight June 6. If you did not receive a ballot in your email please let me know and I will get it sent out. Good luck to the candidates!

I'm so glad to be coming back to a club with such a robust democracy. :-) So pleased Kevin's still up for another term as EVC and so glad to see IronForte stepping up and running. Really really really good stuff to see.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Voting has completed and the results are in (with no superdelegates):

Of 44 members sent ballots, 13 responded, a rather meager 29.5%. Of those it was a very close turn out, 46% going to IronForte and 53% for Zuzutoo. Literally, one or two voters could have made a difference. The election goes to Zuzutoo for another term as EVC. Congratulations to both candidates for a very close race!

Next up: General Coordinator and Technical Coordinator nominations begin Monday, so figure out some excellent personalities to lead Phoenix Roleplaying into 2017!

There was a problem with the ballot, when I got mine it was for choices for the board awards from a couple years ago, not for this current vote. I just stopped by to see what was going on, and seeing there was a EVC I thought people should know of the glitch.

Last edited by Osprey (2016-06-08 20:25:07)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Apologies for that, I was sending out a last minute reminder to people that had not voted and I mistakenly selected  the incorrect ballot that closed two years ago. I immediately resent the message to everyone that had not voted on the current list. I should have annotated the mistake better, but was rushing to an appointment for work. So some pepole that had not voted  may have recieved two emails one to an incorrect ballot.
-Kevin

Congratulations Kevin.  smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Congrats on your victory Kevin, and congrats also to IronForte for a very close race!

Zuzutoo wrote:

Apologies for that, I was sending out a last minute reminder to people that had not voted and I mistakenly selected  the incorrect ballot that closed two years ago. I immediately resent the message to everyone that had not voted on the current list. I should have annotated the mistake better, but was rushing to an appointment for work. So some pepole that had not voted  may have recieved two emails one to an incorrect ballot.
-Kevin

Actually, I never received a second ballot.

Thumbs up Thumbs down