Topic: General Coordinator and Technical Coordinator Elections 2016

The summer moon wanes as it heralds the coming equinox, and with the marking of time, according to the Phoenix Rules, June is the time of year for General Coordinator & Technical Coordinator Elections. Hence we gather in this solemn place to determine whom shall lead us into the next year.

The process will flow as following: 
Nominations June 13th - June 27th
Campaigning June 28 - July 11th
Voting July 12th - July 19th

Thus I hereby declare the nominating process open. If you know someone you feel would be an excellent General Coordinator or Technical Coordinator, make their name known! The nominee may then accept or refuse the nomination. Nominees must make their intentions known before June 27th. Good fortune to those chosen.

Re: General Coordinator and Technical Coordinator Elections 2016

I nominate both Misty Diamond and Mike Palmer for General Coordinator.

Misty Diamond and Zuzutoo as GC.

Euan Reid as TC.

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Happy to accept my nomination smile

I wish to nominate Ironette.

I am humbled by Euan's nomination for GC, but I admit serious concerns about my tech skills and whether they are up to the task.  It is my opinion that I know just enough to make me dangerous.

- Mike

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Mike Palmer wrote:

It is my opinion that I know just enough to make me dangerous.

"There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. We're trying to teach you to be dangerous - to the enemy" (Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers)

We need dangerous men like you! I support your nomination.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I humbly  accept Silent's nomination, and I am super excited! I wish all my fellow candidates great luck.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

No tech skills really needed for GC, Mike, just enough to be dangerous wink

~totally isn't a fan of having many quality candidates in every race~

That is encouraging Euan.  If it is possible to be able to draw on the support of those who know the ropes, I'm willing to take a stab at it.

- Mike

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

For clarity, when nominating folks please designate the position you are nominating folks for. I know most are going for GC, but it never hurts to be clear. Thanks!

Mike Palmer wrote:

That is encouraging Euan.  If it is possible to be able to draw on the support of those who know the ropes, I'm willing to take a stab at it.

- Mike

Good decision!  big_smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Great nominations. I'd like to add ksabers for GC.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

With so many nominations of strong, tech-saavy people, I am going to withdraw my name from consideration for GC.  I will instead put all my efforts into making Kestrel a strong sim for active players.

My sincere thanks to all those who encouraged and supported me during the nominating process.

God bless,

Mike

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Zuzutoo wrote:

For clarity, when nominating folks please designate the position you are nominating folks for. I know most are going for GC, but it never hurts to be clear. Thanks!

Sorry. Thanks for letting me know.

I echo all the above nominations, and weep that Mike has declined his. You would be an excellent GC, Mike. smile

I would also like to nominate Dale 'SoapyMac' for GC and Giorgio 'Ksabers' for TC.

And well done and thank you to all the candidates who will run and those nominating candidates. It's so good we can participate in community democracy like this here. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks Ash, you are very kind.  I appreciate all the comments of support.

As I said, though, I'll just keep on working on Kestrel to make it the leading sim at Phoenix... just like Prinz Eugen of old.  :-)

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Euan and Gio, thank you both! After some debating and deliberation (mostly in my head and after sciworld yesterday), I have decided to accept the nomination.

Misty

While posting right now is difficult, I would like to accept the GC Nomination smile

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Folks should be giving their final acceptance or declination for you nominations as Campaigning will begin on Monday.

As of now we have the following actions:

Technical Coordinator
        Euan Reid - Accepted
        Gio "Ksabres"  - waiting for response

General Coordinator
        Mike Palmer - Declined
        Rebecca "Ironette" Forte (I assume this is what Silent nominated you for. Please confirm) - Accepted
        Misty Diamond - Accepted
        Kevin "Zuzutoo" Diamond - Declined (just did that now)
        Dale "SoapyMac" Brennan - Accepted

Rebecca Forte if anyone was wondering

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was. Wasn't sure of the last name. Thanks.

Yes, I did nominate Rebecca for GC. Sorry for not being clearer.

Sorry for my delay in replying. And thanks to Deb for the GC nomination and to Ash for the TC nomination. I really would like to have enough time to fulfill these duties if elected, but unfortunately this is not the case, so I am forced to decline both.

Giorgio

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Am I right in thinking that campaigning starts now?