Topic: Possible Witcher Sim?

As anyone who has played the Witcher games, or read the books, the world of the Witcher Franchise is a vibrant and interesting fantasy setting with immense potential. For those who don't know, Witcher's are Monster hunters, trained and mutated at a young age to be a cold, calculating slaying machine. While every Witcher is different, most actively avoid the clashes of Kings, the political landscape and anything that doesn't directly involve them. Soldiers of Fortune, through and through, they don't work for free, but they get the job done.

I have a couple of possible ideas, which could make half decent sims in the Witcher-verse.

1: A band of mercenaries, led by a lone Witcher, who travel, seeking contracts and the like. They work together to battle foes of all shapes, sizes and species, which would work like a "Monster of the Week" style set up. An example of this would be a Drowner is threatening a small farm. So, after hunting the Drowner to its lair, the group discovers an entire nest. Plunge in head first, or slip back to the nearest town to stock up on supplies? Plenty of space for Sorceresses, Mages, Elves, Dwarves, Humans, soldiers, craftsmen...

2: You get a Witcher! You get a Witcher! Everyone gets a Witcher!
This idea will be much more local. By that I mean, I hope you like forts! Based in the Witcher Fortress town of Kaer Morhen a thousand years before the events of the Witcher games, and before the time of Geralt of Rivia, this sim would be more emphasising intrigue and interactions between characters, similar to my sadly short lived Thedas sim.

3: A character driven sim, simply set within the Witcher verse. You wanna play a Witcher? Knock yourself out. Wanna play a clumsy farmhand who always gets mauled by every monster he comes across? If you insist... What about a sorceress who can't control her magic properly, leading to hilarious and sometimes dangerous outcomes? Pretty specific pitch, but why not...

Thoughts? Interest? The first idea I'd be willing to both GM and SL, however the others would require increasing levels of input from others.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Possible Witcher Sim?

I'm interested in ideas 1 and 3. I loved all of the wit her games and I finally just got blood and wine a couple of weeks ago

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool, so that's one vote for 1 and 3 xD

"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Maybe. wink

Okay great!

At this stage, we'll be doing Option 1, the rag-tag band led by a Witcher. We'll confront monsters, both human and non-human, in a "contract" basis.

There may be over-arching plots to play with, but for the time being I'm more focused on getting this sim greenlit and on the go...

For those who don't know much about the Witcher-verse, that won't be an obstacle. It's fine to play a low-born peasant who knows nothing of politics, monsters or magic. You'll learn as they do tongue
Plus you'll have your Witcher to explain most things wink

In terms of content: The Witcher games aren't known for being family friendly, so a quick disclosure. There'll be fairly graphic violence and language, but nothing you won't have seen on Game of Thrones or the like.

In terms of characters: At this stage, I have an idea in mind regarding limitations around characters. For instance, a sorceress will be knowledgeable about not only magic, but politics, courtly intrigue, and even hidden knowledge about the nature of the world. As such, there will be limited slots in the group for a character of this caliber, ideally suited to one already confidant in their Witcher-verse knowledge. In the same way is sorcerers. This does however give room for Cunning Woman (think witch-doctors crossed with witches) and various other users of magic, or magic items.

In terms of setting: This will be an AU sim. Geralt of Rivia never existed, nor did Triss Merigold, Yennefer or any of the other characters encountered within the canon. This is simply a sim set within the world. The Pre-Witcher 3 nation borders are in place, the kings are still alive, and the world isn't falling apart... yet.

This will also be a sim that caters to what I'll simply call 'transient characters'. Want to drop into the verse for a short time, but don't want to commit to joining our wayward band? That's just fine. The world of the Witcher is a big place, and everyone has their own goals or direction in life. It's understandable that we may cross paths with sentient creatures, friendly (and hostile) individuals. They can slip in and out of the story as they like, so long as it doesn't directly interfere with the players.

Character injury will be a thing, as will character death. It's a dangerous world, hunting monsters, even for those bred for the purpose. Character death will be rare however, and unexpected death even more so. No surprise arrows from the brush to end your character, instead it will be the Golem you've been fighting smashing you into the ground and crushing you because you foolishy ran ahead.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Any other interest?

Thumbs up Thumbs down