Topic: GM Training Course

One of the most significant problems confronting Phoenix right now is the same one we've had for quite some time. A severe lack of GMs, or people willing (or able) to do so.

So I have a proposal. To anyone interested, I'll run a sort of GM training course, showing the ins and outs of how to do it. Everyone has their own style, so it won't be me imparting my style to you, more trying to help you find yours.

Who's interested?

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: GM Training Course

Me.

I come outta every post feeling like I'm an awful GM. So I'd take the course

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll take a stab at it. I've had an idea (Global Intervention Joint Operations Echelon) kicking around in my head for a while.

Take the acronym of Global Intervention etc and you'll know what my idea is.

All of my Yes Maria.

All of my Yes

In other news. I'd also be interested to see what I can learn

Last edited by CarlosBeLoLo (2016-08-24 05:06:17)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I've fumbled along with a lot of sims over the years, but I'd love to learn more to be a better GM.

You never stop learning. The idea is awesome and I am definitely interested!

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps" - (Jim Butcher)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yay! All the peoples!

Except me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay perfect! Now we're just down to sorting the logistics. Either we can set up a timeslot where we run a class, or, due to the time differences...

The other way we can do it is possibly the most simple. That'd be where we run them on a more one on one basis, likely in Facebook or skype etc. Which would work best for you guys?

"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I happy with whatever logistics works best for people. Misty and I are on the West Coast of the Americas.

I'm down for whatevers

Okay, so I've already spoken to Misty about this, but I need to get it going for everyone. So starting now, I have a job for all those interested tongue I want you to send me a sample of your GMing, regardless of if you do it already or not. Setting, style or what not doesn't matter.

This is for a sort of "Before" example that we can then use for reference and hammering out how you GM, and how you can improve.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Due to the time zone differences, the one on one probably works best - while I'm in the western U.S., I work night shift with all that implies. I'll send you a sample by Thursday next week.

I live in the UK, so the timezone differences are really big for me. Any chance of an email version of the course?

Still waiting on the samples for those interested in taking part in the course.

For those for whom email would be easier, please contact me on [email protected]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*looks around aimlessly* I have no idea what you are talking about... lol

Ack! Will get on it this weekend. Week is going to be mad for me.