Topic: So...

What to do, what to do.

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: So...

Where to run, where to run?

I've got to say the site has been very quiet lately. Concerningly so in fact.

Agreed. I don't know if it's the addition of more military oriented sims, or something else entirely, but things are very quiet.

However, I would add that trying to whip up a new sim only in reaction to this post would be a bad idea.

The absence of activity is beginning to become very apparent.  Where is everyone?

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Something has died...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Still here, but I can only post in many sims when others are posting as well.

Kestrel still lives...

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds like we need some sort of recruitment drive.

Hard to recruit new players when no one is posting on existing sims.

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So, chicken or egg?

Chicken!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not so sure this is the correct thread for this but it's here, so....I agree with both Euan and Mike. We do need new players/members AND we need a higher level of posting activity on sims. Maybe it's time to try something different, maybe we have too many sims for our small number and folks get stretched thin, maybe we get excited about new sims, yet they don't take off or live up to the hype. Maybe our site could use a facelift (have forum and PARS more alike), maybe some better navigation...condense some games. Try something different, change!

I'll admit, I've been focusing more on my PARS sims than here, apologies.

Edit: Like just now, we have 35 guests and that's pretty much the norm....yet no one joins....why not? What don't they like? How can we entice them to join?

I think the thirty five "guests" are actually spambots trawling for email addresses.  sad

SimS on PARS? I thought we were testing ONE sim... PARS wasn't ready to begin another sim.... If so, does it mean that my Star Trek sim is NOT "desirable"?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Euan greenlit TWO sims on PARS for BETA testing: Akers Bluff and the Prinz Eugen, as stated here.

The PE bounced back to life almost immediately, having the most eager 'player' base to return to the game. Akers is struggling, but I am not giving up on it.

NEW sims have not been okayed from our tech people. NO other sims have been okayed from our tech people. They are TWO people with demanding Real Life jobs that are dedicated. That does not mean a new sim is not desired, it means that PARS is not ready for a new sim right now.

ok, thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How many active players do we have? By active, I mean people who have posted in the last two weeks.

The Kestral sim has eight active players and two on extended LOA.  Myself, Silent Hunter, Zuzutoo, gfictional, Ironette, Misty Diamond, Cat Sanchez, and CarlosBeLoLo.  LOA players are Nicole Rennolds and pauljericho.

- Mike

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2016-10-18 15:30:39)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Off the top of my head (from skimming the user list), we have 17 (including Mike's two on LOA), within the last two weeks. Plus 2 that are active but don't really roleplay (on forum), which makes 19.

(PARS-2 sims has 11)

Misty

Edit: Got an auto generated list, and it has 15.
There are 18 sims, with 2 possibly closing - 16.

That's not good. In fact that's seriously bad all things considered. This really calls into question our continued viability as a going concern, at least in the medium term. I don't like saying it, but I have to.

Last edited by Silent Hunter (2016-10-20 13:23:19)

Frankly, I've hinted at this issue, I guess I should have been more blunt. Originally I thought our gm issue was the culprit,  but I doubt that's the main problem. And quite honestly, its been this "seriously bad" for a while. But instead of focusing on the bad, let's see if we can put our head together and see if we can come up with some solutions. Phoenix is on its 6th year, and I want to see our 10 year anniversary.

I'm going to open a thread for continued discussion of this particular topic (will post the link here, when it' up).

LINK

Last edited by Misty Diamond (2016-10-20 16:13:48)