Topic: What can we do if we all work together?

Starting a discussion from a topic that was brought up in another thread, regarding the state of our site. Our member to sim ratio isn't good, not at all. The only saving grace with it is the fact that  most members are in more than one sim. Which could be an issue also, folks stretching themselves to help a sim or the site.

What do you, as players, as members, think Phoenix needs to do -or change- to continue, to grow as a roleplay site....as a community?

Sims and players: (including SL & GM's)
If folks with sims could help me with this listing of player per sim, that'd be great.

Greenleaf Skyplex: 5 (6)
Atlantis:
Kestrel: 8 (2)
Fighter Ops: 4
Area 88: Crimson Skies:
Mud and Mercenaries:
Covert 81: 6
Rainbow Six:
Knights of Blood and Steel:
Dark Matter: Alycidon - 7
Dark Matter: Warspite -
Elegy of Iron and Blood: [4]
Persona:
The Dark Cometh: 4/2
Supernatural:
The Drake Club: Mysteries in Edwardian England: 6
Slashes: A trip to die for: [5]

PARS
Akers Bluff: 5 (1)
Prinz Eugen: 8 (1)

I've updated the Vacancies and added in some navigation, which I also plan on doing with sim summaries. Euan and I worked on updating the announcement section at the top of our site with those nifty little clickable links/buttons.

I think we could use some change, I also think we should focus on the sims that we do have here that are currently open. The only one that is even close to being 'full' is Kestrel. ALL the others are open for new players. Maybe we can start there! I'm thinking (and already done for my character on Warspite), offered my character's twin as playable character for another player...and I'm going to be going through all of my other characters to see if I have any that someone might want to adopt. (like a want ad or adoptable on other sites).

Misty

Last edited by Misty Diamond (2016-10-25 16:05:04)

Re: What can we do if we all work together?

Kestrel: 8 active, 2 on Extended LOA

In my humble opinion, part of a sim's success is in having players and GM post regularly.  It is hard to stay interested and involved when the posting rate goes from 2 to 5 weeks between player posts and GM response.  Simply starting new sims doesn't help with this situation.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2016-10-20 20:00:40)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

While it creates renewed interest, it does nothing to help the already struggling sims. You are right.

I'll send you my numbers by email when I've compiled them.

One thing that I very strongly recommend is that all players enable email notifications as default so they know when there have been posts in their topics.

This will greatly assist in activity and prevent GMs from having to nudge players to post....

Didn't realize that this was not a default setting, Silent.  I thought everyone got the alerts.  :-)

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It is a good thing for those that are busy but if you check the site and check your sims regularly (daily, or throughout the day), you'd know if there were posts also.

I check daily, but I'm not active in any sim.........

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mike Palmer wrote:

In my humble opinion, part of a sim's success is in having players and GM post regularly.  It is hard to stay interested and involved when the posting rate goes from 2 to 5 weeks between player posts and GM response.  Simply starting new sims doesn't help with this situation.

Mike

Fair point. But also, we have a GM shortage.

Also seems like we have too many sims for our numbers, on the forum at least. We only have the 2 still in beta on PARS.

smile I know Krista

Mike Palmer wrote:

I could not agree more!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Misty Diamond wrote:
Mike Palmer wrote:

Mike

Fair point. But also, we have a GM shortage.

Also seems like we have too many sims for our numbers, on the forum at least. We only have the 2 still in beta on PARS.

smile I know Krista

I would sadly agree and also would have to sadly say we impose a moratorium on creating new sims until activity goes up enough to justify them...

I've been contemplating over that actually.

There are numerous openings in all out sims, excluding Kestrel as it only has one.

bumping.....no one else with ideas?

I'm going to comment that the players already here need to be more active if they can.

Also, I'm still waiting for someone to send me an article or a news piece for the blog.

There is a terribly long wait for posts in some sims at the moment. (Displaying a keen sense of the obvious).

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down