Re: Sim-level Awards

Ash Leighton Plom wrote:

I'm absolutely delighted to award Amanda Bond the Ash Leighton Plom SL Award for Joss Whedon Excellence in Firefly GMing for two phenomenal posts in rapid succession, one featuring a screenshot of a California landscape so Firefly it was almost remis of Mr. Whedon to not use it for shooting (maybe he would have if the show had continued), and the other shockingly apparently killing off a character who has been with the crew for... it's got to be about five years real time.

Amanda, stunning stuff.

Ash

Who did you kill off Amanda??!

Deborah

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ash, can you put your awards in parentheses? It is, at times, difficult to determine where the name of the award ends and where the explanation begins. Thanks! smile

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh, fair enough. Usually the bit with capitalised first letters is the award, but yeah, I could put the actual award names in bold or something.

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Robert Longtin is awarded the "Give Them Want They Want" Award for his character Quinn on Kvant demonstrating precisely how to deal with a grumbling employee.

Did they assemble a union? :-p

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm giving Robert Longtin the slightly protracted Ash Leighton Plom SL Award for Ironic Timing in a Non-Force Sensitive's Force-Related Joke for Chief Quinok's crack about sensing a disturbance in the Force just when there happened to be a fairly major disturbance, very locally (see my award to Jay in post 50)!

And Will Smith gets the GM Ash Leighton Plom Thanks for Playing Along Award for doing exactly what I'd hoped he would with a well-timed reference to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope on the Accipiter. :-D

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nicole Rennolds follows hard on Will's heels with a GM Ash Leighton Plom Punchline Award for finishing the joke. You guys are amazing.

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dave 'Anzac' Anderson just earned the Ash Leighton Plom SL Award for Rocking It And Rocking It Hard for bringing some awesome music to an epic scene in SGB-2 in a style brilliantly congruent with his character.

\m/

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Another new award: Jason Wypij Force Jumps to centre stage to collect the Ash Leighton Plom SL Metafictive Award from Princess Leia (despite the metafictive chronological difficulties that would involve). ;-)

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Which sims are Rob and Jason's awards for? It's for the wiki.

Silent

Both on the West Star. Thank you so much for wiki-ing them!

I also have another award to give, this one being totally superlative and epicary. Kevin 'Zuzutoo' Diamond gets the Ash Leighton Plom GM Best Award Ever for the following post on the Accipiter (an excerpt):

She hoped Tom had a better idea of what to do than she did. She figured out the monitor that showed the woman's heartbeat,
other than that the machines meant little to her. She wasn't trained to be a nurse. She did play an intern on Alderaen General but that was just a bit part for one episode. All she had to say was 'We applied the cortical electrodes, but we were unable to get a neural reaction from either patient.'

Kevin, you actually worked a brilliant Firefly reference into Star Wars. You used a twi'lek to say a Jayne quote. It's like you put an electric current through the happiness synapse in my brain. I honestly don't know if anyone will ever top that for sheer awesomeness.

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We are a select bunch aren't we? haha

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Ash Leighton Plom SL "Feel how much power your anger gives you" award goes jointly to Jay Wypij for his character on the West Star's current rage and to Nick Buchanan for his GMing of the scene! Stirring stuff, both.

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Only just saw this (posted on the West Star on the 14th):

RLongtin wrote:
Jason Wypij wrote:

"YES YES YES."  Mouse said quickly, "It will keep me from being disco......" he trailed off trying to keep Vox in the dark to what he discovered about himself.

Mouse

http://brainchildblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/disco_stu1.jpg

I like to reward good OOC banter as well as good roleplay, so this bit of humour from Robert Longtin wins the Ash Leighton Plom SL "One of the funniest things I've ever seen" award. ;-)

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ash is the new Santa Claus.

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Great Jason, just great. Now you all know, my elves have to kill you.

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fighter Ops: Aidan Fal is awarded the Bluffing On No Cards award for making the Chinese break off.

Well done Aidan! Sounds like a great scene!

I've got one last sim level award to post before I vacate the office of General Coordinator and as such it's the last one I'm going to call "The Ash Leighton Plom SL... Award". I hope it might have been an added honour for recipients to know their awarding Sim Leader is also our community's General Coordinator. I know I'd be honoured to win a "Silent Hunter SL Award" in the coming term. :-) You know, assuming we didn't all vote "no confidence" and Silent actually becomes our next GC. :-)

Anyway, here's the SL award:

Euan Reid and Jay Wypij are awarded the Ash Leighton Plom SL 'Batman and Robin' Award for the ethical compass and moral calibre their characters Alex White and Jackson Smart on the Elemental are demonstrating in a dark situation, as well as their grit, ingenuity, and teamwork.

The scene has run since post #3 in the Bridge thread, but the last two (posts #27 and #28) absolutely clinched this award.

I find it all very encouraging and inspiring. I like it a lot. Well done, gentlemen. :-)

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nananananananana Batmaaaaaaan! So who's who? big_smile

-Euan

Sorry to say you're probably Robin. :-p

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for the award Silent smile

Honestly one of the more difficult scenes I've had for a character to role-play!

Enough for me to warrant the much coveted, "Oh crap, uh... How am I Getting Out of This?" Award to you Silent, hahaha.

Last edited by Aidan Fal (2012-07-30 12:27:59)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

One of the best awards I've ever given as an SL, Robert Longtin earns the Jeff Vader Head of Catering Sim Leader Award for Finding a Tray Dried in a Rainforest for his winful post on the West Star referencing one of my favourite comedians, Eddie Izard.

Ash

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I knew it'd make someone laugh, and I knew you'd catch the reference Ash!  big_smile

Thanks for the award, but I'd like to thank Nick for bringing me the tray, without which I couldn't have even attempted the reference!  smile

~Robert

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well done. Ash, do you have Wiki membership?

Silent

Could I ask a kind wiki mod to note this award in the relevent section of the wiki?

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down