Re: Ident Control - Applications

should I start out with a ship and make up some crew members?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Perfectly good way to do it. You can arrive at the station and start looking for a consignment shop for your "salvage".

I'll limit it too three active crew and some type of salvage freighter [I will research the wiki and find a ship]. Do I post the ship details somewhere specific?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll take a variant on the S.S Walden from "out of gas" episode. The official crew is six so I'll post the entire crew details with the ship details.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Perfect. That was pretty much what I was envisioning when you brought it up. A chop shop wrecker is good business out on the Rim. The station doesnt ask many questions, at least most of those can be answered with cash.

The ship details can pretty much be here until I figure a better location for them. Depends how much you are going to have other folks come aboard.

Raj wrote:

Anyone else watch Dark Matter?

Most certainly and really enjoying it. In fact, that's given me an idea myself...

I was planning on bringing most of the crew [that why I mentioned the "crew of six" .. and yeah I plan for them all to use numbers when calling each other]. I want to use two [captain], three [merc], six [pilot] and five [ship engineer/tech]. I am replacing one and four with other characters from my table top roleplaying games.

Still in my tinkering phase I can change everything.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/octavia_zpsgryl8uwu.png
Name: Octavia Jones
Crew Name: "Two"
Place of birth: Ariel
Height 5'4
Weight: 115

Current Profession: Captain
Aspirations & Goals:
Credentials/Background:     
o    Security - pistols, rifles, stun baton, martial arts,  small unit tactics,  counter terrorism
o    Mercenary Captain  - covert operations, extraction, strategy & warfare, military etiquette, leadership, command & control operations
o    Salvage & Repair Supervisor - deep space, bio-hazardous, radioactive, warzones team based training and coordination, eva suit training

Languages spoken: English (fluent), Chinese (fluent)

Personal History
Octavia was born on Ariel. Her parents were managers for a thriving tech company. Octavia was brought up in an executive lifestyle as a only child. She joined a security company as an intern and trained as a grunt. Her parents tried to convince her to take up the managerial course but she made her own path and that was the end of their relationship.

Octavia qualified for command after her cadet training. She lead her own security team but the company was based on Core Worlds for corporation protection. The only threats were a couple of disgruntled workers throwing eggs. Border worlds have a constant demand for mercenaries it time to join the real universe.

Known Enemies .... will complete in bio section

Last edited by Raj (2015-09-14 04:22:40)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Tyrell_zpskbg6dou0.png
Name: Tyrell Moore
Crew Name: "Six"
Place of birth: Persephone
Height 6'3
Weight: 217

Current Profession: Pilot
Aspirations & Goals:
Credentials/Background:     
o    Freelance Pilot - piloting, ship controls, hovercraft, VTOL aircraft
o    Mercenary Navigator  - basic soldier training, covert operations, extraction, strategy & naval warfare, combat & evasive manoeuvres, astronavigation, elite training -piloting
o    Salvage & Repair Haulage - deep space, bio-hazardous, radioactive, warzone piloting and land craft haulage operation, eva suit training

Languages spoken: English (fluent), Chinese (fluent), French (basic)

Personal History

Last edited by Raj (2015-09-14 04:22:17)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Jodelle_zpsnpi6g5rm.png
Name: Jodelle Laurent
Crew Name: "Five"
Place of birth: Persephone
Height 5'1
Weight: 108

Current Profession: Engineer / Drone Operator
Aspirations & Goals:
Credentials/Background:     
o    Freelance Technician - basic mechanics, electronics, computer hardware, software
o    Mercenary Engineer - elite engineering (mechanical, electrical, electronic, software)
o    Salvage & Repair Haulage - deep space, bio-hazardous, radioactive, warzone remote operation drones and robots, eva suit training

Languages spoken: English (fluent), Chinese (fluent), French (basic)

Personal History

Last edited by Raj (2015-09-14 04:21:52)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Krombeck_zps3vrwevlx.png
Name: Matthias Krömbeck
Crew Name: "Four"
Place of birth:
Height 5'6
Weight: 130

Current Profession: Doctor
Aspirations & Goals:
Credentials/Background:     
o    Freelance Physician - medicine, pharmacy , field surgery, natural sciences
o    Mercenary Surgeon - field triage, elite training medicine & surgery, high tech medicine, research & development, advanced biotechnology, biological warfare
o    Hazardous Waste Management  - deep space, bio-hazardous, radioactive, warzone emergency medicine and hazardous waste identification. eva suit training

Languages spoken: English (fluent), Chinese (fluent), German (fluent)

Personal History

Last edited by Raj (2015-09-14 04:21:22)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/TheSeer_zps4b1tmrmh.png
Name: The Seer
Registered Companion Name: Edward Torenson
Crew Name: "One"
Place of birth:
Height 6'3
Weight: 218

Current Profession: Soothsayer
Aspirations & Goals:
Credentials/Background:     
o    Companion Training - Art & Music, Seduction, Noble Etiquette, High Society, Psychology, Intuition & Empathy, Dance, Theatre, Fencing, Law & Finance, Diplomacy
o    Freelance Companion (Border Worlds) - Pistols, Martial arts, Streetwise, Negotiation, Culture - Border Worlds, Knowledge - Border Worlds, People & Places - Border Worlds
o    Seer - Religion, Preaching, Ancient Rituals & Beliefs, Reader

Languages spoken: Formal English (fluent), Chinese (fluent), Latin (fluent), Arabic (fluent), German (conversational), French (conversational), Spanish (conversational), Border World Dialects (basic)

Personal History
Former registered Companion who was exposed to  ionizing radiation which caused permanent blindness and disfigurement.

Last edited by Raj (2015-09-13 09:00:26)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/S%20S%20Vaco%202_zpsxdzlto2a.png

I have the deck plans if needed

Thumbs up Thumbs down

S.S Vaco

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/SS%20Vaco_zpszixoy1z9.png

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Um mm. ...wow! I mean really wow. Nice job Raj. Sorry I've been a bit detached last week. We will get things moving forward.

the vaco ship card is from the firefly board game

the technical drawing is from google image search so I have no idea where its from. If you want me to site the reference at the bottom of the photo let me know

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bridge Level Floor Map

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Bridge_zpsokifcaze.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Crew Quarters Floor Map

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Crew%20Quarters_zps66d0v5lv.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cargo & Salvage Stores Floor Map

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Cargo_zpsmr6va3hp.png

Last edited by Raj (2015-09-22 09:24:22)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Engineering / Gantry / Secured Cargo & Salvage Floor Plans

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Engineering_zpssg3uvys3.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://cs621924.vk.me/v621924570/25349/ryGLTLyPiX0.jpg
Name: Zara Phillips

Place of Birth: Bellerophon

Height: 1.75m
Weight: 119lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey

Relatives: Maria Phillips, mother (Deceased)
Alphonse Phillips, father (Deceased)

Born into the highly wealthy Phillips family, Zara was always a lucky child. Her father had spearheaded the construction of numerous planet-side transport systems in several Rim worlds, as well as having his fingers in a number of pies within the central Verse.

However, Zara rarely saw her father. Her mother died in childbirth, and Alphonse spent much of his time traveling, and adding still more zeros to his net worth. So Zara was passed around from nanny to nanny, caregiver to caregiver. Then, not long after her 15th birthday, Alphonse passed away, millions of miles away. Zara felt nothing for her absent father’s passing, but suddenly her life was forever altered. Suddenly the girl was the sole beneficiary to Alphonse Phillip’s fortune, but she wasn’t able to claim it until she turned 18. So for the next three years the girl had to fight against all manner of individuals who sought to steal her inheritance. She became cunning and resilient, easily swatting aside the attempted pushes by her courtiers. As soon as she turned 18, marriage proposals began to pour in. She turned down every single one, before raising roots, and taking her fortune out into the black. From there she traveled from planet to planet, station to station, living well off her significant inheritance.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Gave it the old college try

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/quiz/56788_1220344299463_500_279.jpg

James Banderform

Height:6’1
Weight:200
Hair:Brown
Eyes:Brown
Homeworld: The Lawbird

Relatives:
Father: Robert (Deceased)
Mother: Daliah (Deceased)
Brother: Robert Junior
Brother: Mac
Sister:Ariall

Born on a salvage ship, life was as to be expected for young James, youngest of 4 he grew up working. Working very hard, running about the ship. Fixing things, all before he was too young to fit in a Vacsuit, soon he was working in the bays, ripping apart ships with cutters and welders before he eventually he got to go out into the black, work on the hulls with his older brothers, bringing back the expensive parts so that the family could put food on the table.

Eventually the family saved up enough to end the nomad lifestyle, moving to a space station to settle in, and at 18. James was running with a gang, kinda guys who did small stuff, breaking into the occasional store. Normal security nuisances. He eventually graduated from that to smash and grabs and eventual robberies. And about 4 years later he was a space pirate, splitting open hulls again, just these hulls weren’t decommissioned and sent adrift.

However like most stories. James’ came to an end at the end of a barrel, with him taking a shotgun blast and being abandoned by his former crew. Not a man of any real notoriety, James awoke in the medbay of the ship, with the same man who shot him stitching him up, telling him to lead a better life before dropping him on another station. Highly perplexed by this information, and the lack of any actual help. He decided to apply his skills to mining, and after that. He held down numerous part time jobs, fixing ships and doing the kind of work most people didn’t touch. And now he’s ended up as a repairman on the skyplex.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Dara Knoxx
Height: 5’7
Weight: 145
Hair:Blue/Black
Eyes:Brown
Homeworld: Bellerpheron

Relatives: Joseph Knoxx-Father Deceased
Layla Knoxx-Mother Deceased

Background: Dara’s early life was spent in relative poverty, her parents didn’t make much money so she spent her time out of school figuring ways to earn more money, some of which involved under the table work, others involved simple things that kids would do. Her family was tight knit for the most part, until her father died in a mugging on his way home from work. Followed by her mother’s death when she was 18 left Dara alone in the world, so she did what most people without anything left to lose do. She joined the military.

Dara was an Alliance Mechanized Infantry trooper at the outset of the U-War, fresh out of training and eager to fight, her first battle was one of the less famous ones of the war, it was early on as well, the fresh troop she was with was torn apart by the veteran browncoats who knew their terrain. However, she bravely led her squad in a tactical withdrawal. Gaining the respect of her commanding officers and peers along with a promotion to corporal due to veterancy.

The rest of her war career was relatively quiet, with her being eventually assigned as a cavalry scout before being promoted to sergeant.

Her six year contract with the Alliance military ended with the end of the war and she went home to Bellepheron. Worked a few jobs as a mechanic, learned how to cook. Spent some time in a couple of swank restaurants and tried to open a bar, which failed due to her backers backing out at the last minute. Eventually however she heard about a job with Maczareck security and like most she’d heard of Anna and her tank girls, never served besides them, but she’d heard of them. So she enlisted, took an officers course, took an NCO’s course and found herself in her first posting

Greenleaf skyplex

Thumbs up Thumbs down