Re: Main Promenade - The Hub - Deck 3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/rlongtin/Phoenix%20Roleplaying/Danny%20Franco/1.jpg

Danny nodded and hopped back on the cart, removing Deck 3 from the route. He watched Irina to be sure she was on the cart comfortably before moving.

~Danny Franco

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Irinadraft2.jpg
Irina commited this position to her memory. All other parts on the station would be determined from this navigation point. She looked around the hub and she looked at the faces of the general population. There was a freedom in their outward expression; and a sense of security and openess. She had travelled extensively to almost every known world both in the core and the rim. In her eyes the people of the core carried a sense of security but without freedom. The people of the rim worlds had complete freedom but at the price of no secuirty and having to be guarded and prepared at all time. Maybe this Greenleaf station was the exception? Only time would tell.

Against all better judgement she liked this taxi man. She signed to Yakov and he gave her a trained response in recognition of the command from his mistress. She had marked Danny Franco as 'friend to be trusted'.

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-03-30 13:26:08)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: 'friend to be trusted'  smile

IC:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/rlongtin/Phoenix%20Roleplaying/Danny%20Franco/1.jpg

Once she was comfortably seated, Danny moved on. Because of either her beauty, her mysterious tree-loving nature, or some combination of the two Danny forgot briefly that he could have picked up more customers. A moment after he had started moving he realized it, but decided to let it go.

...to Deck 6...

~Danny Franco

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<----------------Time Cut -------------------------->
Poppy slid her hand over the smooth polished wood rails of the raised sky ridge over the main promenade. She stood there for a moment with a broad grin, thin lifted herself up briefly on her tiptoes. The Promonade with its high atrium was a different world than the brief glimpses she had of deck five and of course the frantic activity on the docking level. Made her feel more relaxed and free than even the busy streets of Persephone. She just liked standing there and watching as people moved about their day.

Of course the alert status messages popping up on most of the vid screens was a bit distracting, but Poppy put it out of her head. For the first time in what seemed like months she wasn't running from someone or being hunted. The thought made her look back at Donaldson, who seemed a little awkward standing around doing nothing. She turned to him with her radiant personable smile. "Cheer up big guy! Today's your lucky day. We get to spend it having fun!"

Donaldson gave a half hearted attempt at a grin, then gave up. "Whatever you say ma'am."

She lightly brushed her fingers against his shoulder as she stepped past him. "First, I am starved. Let's get some food."

She looked around at the small eating establishments and cocktail bars that made up the meandering food court on the sky bridge. The large kawaii cat statue eating a bowl of noodles caught her attention. "Perfect, I hope you like ramen." Donaldson sighed slightly to himself and then turned to follow her.

-Poppy

The public alert system came on followed by the following message.

=Attention! This is Administrator Scarlett Newman Wilson. Mercenaries from Maczerek Security have taken control of the station. I advise everyone to seek cover before Alliance troops arrive.=

-Scarlett

When the alert came on Poppy looked up from her bowl of noodles, appearing not unlike a wizened catfish with long ramen noodles hanging from her mouth.

She looked around at the crowd for a moment while listening to the announcement. She looked at Donaldson and gave him an awkward smile while sucking the noodles into her mouth.

"Well that's nice, the Alliance is coming!" she said with an air of mildly interested enthusiasm. "Do you need to be somewhere else?"

The big man listened to the broadcast likewise, seeming uncertain what he was supposed to be doing. "Um... I better check in."

He walked off a few paces, bulling the com microphone down from his shoulder.

=Security, this is Corporal Donaldson, I was given the assignment to watch a VIP, do you need me?=

-Poppy

Donaldson had received his orders to stay with Ms. Brandes. She was continuing to eat her bowl of Ramen and watch the people going through the hub. Many looked distressed, some looked cautious, others looked in a tremendous hurry to get someplace other than there. Poppy was fairly oblivious as to what the panic was about. Security was taking control of the station after an emergency. The kind administrator had assigned Corporal Donaldson to watch over her and keep her safe. That's what government was for, wasn't it?

She enjoyed watching the busell of people for several minutes. Her reverie was Brocken by the sleek, thin ultra modern cortex unit she carried buzzing. Donaldson looked impressed by the small device, obviously from the Core worlds. She looked at the message from the Captain. She gave Donaldson a big pleased smile. "Captain says the Alliance will be her in a few minutes. Isn't that great!" There were no instructions that she should reply, so she appreciated the Captain giving a courtesy call that their protectors would be there soon.

"You don't suppose we could go look at some shops." She said with a smile as she left her empty ramen bowl and tray at the table bad headed towards the escalator to the next level.

-Poppy

--------------------------Time Break---------------------------

Poppy struggled against a flood of people heading every direction. A security man nearby stopped her. "Ma'am, we've got to get you to a shelter." she slipped free of him and smiled broadly. "Wish I could, I've got a ship to catch."

She bound down the escalator onto the main floor. The doors to the docking level were closing automatically. She had to run. Weaving between people in a near panic she was able to slide between two panels of the reinforced doors before they met. Others on the inside trying to clear the ring banged on the door behind her.

It occured to her, if there were raiders coming on to the station, she was really heading the wrong direction. Surely she still had a few minutes to make it to Atlantis.

-Poppy

Once again, the lift car slowed as it approached the next deck, and the female voice announced, "Deck Three, The Hub".  The doors of the lift hissed open quickly and Jim stepped into a deck apparently unaffected by the recent invasion.  "Well all right then", he said to himself with a smile and the anticipation of a walk in a pleasant area.  "Let's have a look see."  As Jim stepped clear of the lift car the doors hissed shut behind him.  He began a thorough walk through Deck Three and thought he might even get a meal there during his walkabout.

- Jim Duncan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The hub was a high deck, split on two levels around a central atrium with connecting ramps and bridges. This is essentially the food court for the Skyplex. Most forms of cuisine can be found in small booths. The largest semi enclosed establishment was Furror's Tavern, a rather busy bar with limited food service. Tables spilled out into a patio overlooking the central arboretum. The level looked very busy with people meeting up and taking stock of what was going on after the pirate raid.

-DemiGM

Jim spent the next few minutes just wandering slowly along taking in the sights of this deck.  The use of the stand of trees in the center was genius, in his opinion.  What a tranquil setting for the centerpiece instead of all the glitzy bling and baubles of Deck Two's Bazaar.  He took in the smells of the food establishments as he strolled about, and listened to the scattered hubbub of the crowds.  Given the open air environment, the station would be hard pressed to secure this deck with blast doors.  They'd be better off with well-placed shelters set at regular intervals to allow the civilians ready access to a secure space for any atmosphere/pressurization emergency.

As he passed Furror's Tavern, Jim decided that his throat was getting dry and he could use a cold beer.  He need to stop and enter his findings in his Cortex log, so he could kill two birds with one stone.  He picked out an outdoor table with a pleasant view of the arboretum, set his cap down on the table and sat down to await the arrival of a bar maid.

- Jim Duncan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A rather older barmaid eventually came up. In her past she would have been considered quite the beauty, but age takes its toll. She would never be acceptable for the glitzy bars and nightclubs down on Deck 5, but here, she rather fit into the setting. Her whitening hair was obviously a glorious blonde, that she kept in braided curls. She face was friendly, but had obviously seen its share of heartache and suffering.

"Wilkommen to Furrors. My name is Evie. What may I get for you today?"

-Evie

Jim quickly appraised the woman who had walked up to take his order, and he decided he liked the cut of her jib.  'Nice face, rough road gittin' here', he thought to himself.  "Danke, fraulein Evie", he replied in his best and about his only German.  "A steinkrug of Pils, if ye please, ma'am", he said with a smile, "an some bar nuts or pretzels or somethin' crunchy if'n ye got 'em".  The steinkrug was a usually a half liter mug made of simple gray crockery, but it kept the bier cool.  Pils is a very light, high quality and delicious bier which usually is served in a stemmed glass, but can also be served in a steinkrug if requested.

The engineer cranked up his Cortex, then looked up to enjoy the scenery again while waiting for his order.

- Jim Duncan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Ja, wir haben die pretzel am besten in alles der Schwartz." She quickly turned and went back to the bar and exchanged words with the elderly balding bartender. She pointed towards Jim's table. The two exchanged some words, she seemed to playfully smack the bartender who proceeded with his work.

Shortly she returned to the table with a steinkrug of Pils and a plate of large Bavarian pretzels. "Ein Prosit! Our owner Herr Dolph was wondering what brings you to our Skyplex? We have not seen you before, and Dolph says you don't look like someone in transit."

-Evie

Jim's eyes lit up when he saw the pretzels and the steinkrug, and a smile rose naturally to brighten his face.  "Thank'ee ma'am", he said as he reached for a pretzel and looked up at Evie, " Yer right as rain sayin' I'm new an' ye've not seen me afore now.  I jest signed on t' hep this here skyplex with some engineerin' issues."  He took a bite of the pretzel and it seemed to melt in his mouth, so he closed his eyes and said, "Mmmm... this here's fine as frog hair, ma'am.  Glad I stopped at this here waterin' hole."  Then he changed gears and asked the waitress a serious question.  "Tell me Miss Evie, did y'all have any o' that pirate riff raff come in this here deck?"

- Jim Duncan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Her welcoming smile turned a little sour at the subject. "Nein, they did not bother us at the Hub, in fact we were open assisting people unable to get to the shelters in time. It all happened so fast. I suppose it's a blessing that this level does not have as much of value as others. What sorts of projects are you working on?"
-Evie

Jim nodded as Evie spoke, then answered her, saying, "Interestin', Evie.  I'm checkin' security an' safety on th' skyplex after th' raid.  Ain't there no shelters on this here level?  What are y'all supposed t' do if'n this deck is in trouble?"

- Jim Duncan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Ja, we have a shelter two shelters off this deck. Dolph and i had a bad experience in a shelter near the end of the war, and at our age you do not concern yourself with such things as much. To live is a joy, and death comes for us all at his time.

Dolph feels the station is highly under protected, he would like some big guns to keep the ruffians in line. He has a funny obsession with weapons."

-Evie

Jim nodded at Evie's words as she spoke, and took a sip of bier as she finished.  "Yep, I kin understand Dolph's thinkin'", he said calmly, "an' bein' a naval vet, I'm with him 100 percent on th' idee of big guns.  Please be a'givin' him my best regards, Miss Evie."  The engineer looked past Evie into the pub and raised his krug to Dolph the bar owner.

- Jim Duncan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The bar keeper merely nodded his head once towards Jim, while continuing to polish the pints and mugs behind the bar. His face remained expressionless. Evie noticed the brief exchange. "I believe he likes you mein Herr. He appreciates a man of action. Tell you what, your next steinkrug is on the house, call it a wilkommen to the neighborhood." The aging barmaid gave him a broad grin
-Evie.

Jim absolutely beamed when he heard Evie announce his next krug was to be a freebie.  "Well Miss Evie, that's right neighborly of ye, an' I accept.  I'll give ye a holler when I'm ready fer another krug.  Fer now, I think I'll jest sit here, sip my bier an' take in th' scenery." 

As he sat there in the open air of the bar patio, Jim relaxed and thought about the design of the station. So far only the residence deck was made for the blast door scenario.  Both the Retail Deck and the Hub were so open air in design that they could only have shelters scattered around for use in an emergency.  The engineer dutifully entered the information into his portable Cortex reader in preparation for the report he would submit to the Dockmaster.  Before long the pretzels were gone and the krug was almost empty.  He was ready to get back to work on his walkabout, so he called Evie over to add up his bill.  He'd have to take advantage of the freebie refill later on, but that was a pleasant factor to consider.  This was a restful place to sit and relax, so he knew he'd be back.

- Jim Duncan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Evie brought him the bill, letting him know it was perfectly acceptable to take her up on that free drink later - just make sure he came back when she was working.

The Hub began to gain more traffic as people ventured out to see what kind of shape the station was in after the attack, but it still wasn't up to its usual activity.

~GM~

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Thank'ee Evie", Jim said with a smile as he paid her and added a 25 percent tip, "I'll see ye next time."  The engineer locked his Cortex in stand-by, tossed off the last swig of bier and headed for the lift down to Deck Four.

'Right ye are, me bucko', Jim thought to himself, 'let's take a look see at the Docking Ring'.

-------------- Change location to Deck Four ---------------

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: Not sure why this is stickied. Unstickied for now.

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC - I was wondering the same thing...

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down