Topic: Storage Decks 7-15

This vast warehouse section holds goods going in and out on local freighters. Often this area is used for more clandestine business dealings.

Re: Storage Decks 7-15

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Irinadraft2.jpg
Irina got out at the "Land of Storage" and looked for a main reception or someone who could help direct her.

OOC: I'm hoping Irina is actually in the correct part of the station? I can edit and repost as directed by GM

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-04-17 17:24:07)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: I think this is a good use of Deck 7.

IC: The station took on a whole different feel from what Irina had expereinced so far. The warmth and life of the upper levels was replaced by cold, mostly sterile metal and concrete. The ceiling height was far greater too giving the deck the feel of a large dark ominous cave. Painted signs stenciled on the walls directed her through a maze of turns to Land of Storage.

The shop itself was less than impressive. A mostly empty reception counter awaited her with a rather young looking man dressed in a blue sun T-shirt and khahis watching his cortex unaware of her entrance. A couple small displays of staorage containers were also in the room.

-DemiGM

Irina walked up to the man and waited for him to react to her or her dog. She wasn't sure if he was dealing with something work related so she didn't want to give a bad first impression.

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It took a moment for the man to look up and notice Irina. In fact it seemed to startle him a little. "Oh, hey. Sorry was working on something here." He caught his bearings and saw Yakov. "I'm afraid we can't store pets. Anything else I can do for you?"

-DemiGM

"I hav key for my storage", Irina showed the man the key she had been given by security.

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Ah, ok." He took the key and ran it through his computer terminal. "Looks like this just came in. It hasn't even been shelved yet. Give me a minute."

The young man walked through a small door int he back and returned shortly wheeling a large storage bin. He took it out inot the lobby and parked it next to Yakov.

"Since this has port seals on it, I'll need to log anything you take out of it."

-DemiGM

"No take just examine here.", Irina said as she looked inside the storage bin to ensure all her items were there. She made special note if her sniper rifle was still in the case and the recon hover drone had been stored correctly. She picked up various recon devices like her image enhancement IR goggles and checked if they were operational. Lastly she switced the hidden tracking beacon on Yakov's collar on and activated her tracker with heads up display. She signed to Yakov to run around in a circuit so she can verify the tracking beacon was still calibrated correctly.

Yakov ran a couple of meters before he put his nose to the ground and started sniffing around the area. He started acting excited and he put his nose to ground and followed a trail as he had been trained to do. Irina watched him, signed to him and got a trained response that conveyed a message to his Mistress: Alert, I smell explosives over here

Irina signed back to Yakov in positive response. She looked over at the man and said in a calm tone "Do station store any type explosive chemicals for this area?"

OOC: This scene is to establish Yakov and Irina as a working pair in professional bomb disposal. I don't expect this scene to be anything more than finding spent ship fuel rods or the explosive residue off a mining exploration storage bin with legal primers.

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-04-18 16:14:45)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

At that point, some twee music kicked over the speakers. It sounded chirpy to begin with, but after a while, you could probably use it as a defence to murder.

- Silent, who hopes the GM doesn't mind this little bit of atmosphere

The man seemed a little startled by the announcement. "Uh... yeah. We do get some exploives in here, but they are kept in a special locker in the back. What's he picking up on?"

Yakov clearly pointd towards the door in the back of the room leading to where the man had just come from claiming Irina's storage bin.

"Uh... the stuff isn't kept in there. Would you mind having him look a little closer?" The man seemed concerned but not worried.

-DemiGM

OOC: Just then, the room blows up. Ah, we need a doctor, anyone? :-p

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Do not worry; everything is normal. Situation under control", Irina said to the man as she pulled out her full body armour from her backpack. "I do this many times its okay do not worrying". Irina fitted her armour and then grabbed a case in her storage bin. "Please to be tagging this item I vill remove for possible usage."
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/BombDisposalKit.jpg

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-04-19 06:24:05)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The man looked a little bit nervous, but pulled out his scanner to check out the items she was selecting.

Yakov began to grow again toward the same area he was indicating earlier.

-DemiGM

Compact Bomb Disposal Kit - Checked Out
Irina looked around the area and pointed to a location in the corner. "That part is safe zone. Small explosion vill no reach."
Irina put on her tactical armoured hood and work googles. She opened the case and fitted various tools in her belt pouch and combat webbing. She took out a hand held electronic sensor to detect and jam any remote detonators.

"Open door please", She said in an muffled voice through the hood."Then stand in safe zone until I finish swveeping scan."
Irina looked down at Yakov and calmed herself. She went through the steps of expert bomb disposal she had been taught all those years ago. She felt afraid and insecure like she was fresh from basic.
'A large shaped tactical explosion would breach the hull and vent everything on Deck 7 into free space. Wake up you stupid woman this is no time to be scared!!!' she thought to herself

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-04-19 07:17:50)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The man hesitantly stood back, but tried to keep an eye on her through the open door. He wasn't sure what was going on, but people weren't just supposd to walk into the new arrivals sorting area. Still bomb sensing dogs got his blood pressure up. The last thing he wanted was to be at ground zero when a bomb went off. This was supposed to be an easy job where he could hang out on the Cortex the whole time and still get paid. It sure as hell wasn't worth getting sucked out into the black for.

Irina's equipment read as normal while she started her sweep. However the rear quadrant of the next room began to blip for her. In fact as she made her way around the area a path towards something was getting clearer and clearer. The meters peaked out on a large reinfored steel case under a stack of other boxes and containers.

-demiGM

OOC: ooh dear

-Raj

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: Don't you say that! You're the bomb disposal expert!! *panicking*

:-p

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

Silent

'Oh dear' Irina thought to herself
She looked at the scenario and logged the possible outcomes in her head. Worst case the large steel case could shield a dirty fission bomb inside a concrete lead container. She checked her geiger counter and picked up the latent radiation of the space station. She had cursed Greenleaf as an abomination in the eyes of the great Earth Mother; had she answered her prayer?

Irina made an adjustment to her jamming device to create a white noise generator to block incoming and outgoing signals in the room. The steel casing would block incoming wave signals; however there could be another detonator nearby. A chained chemical explosion would create a fission reaction using an implosion assembly method.

OOC: The cameras go dead when the jammer goes wide area. Damn this would have made for a great heist job he he

Irina took off her hood and goggles; protective armour was irrelevant when dealing with a potential bomb of this size and magnitude. She poked her head out the door and gestured to the man.
"I vill need manifest of cases inside this room. Alert security men to warden area until ve finish. No cortex waving pleasing in area. Only use standard line coms."

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-04-20 07:03:51)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: Some explosives nowadays use a version of the Dead man's switch where they explode if they don't receive a signal, such as if someone were to jam it, sometimes on a timer... No worries though, I'm sure you'll be fine. Probably.
-Random Bypasser

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The guy working the counter quickly scrambled over to the rarely used station line. =Security. We have a possible bomb situation at Land of Storage on 7. Send some folks down as soon as you can!=

He then pulled up a manifest of the recently recieved crates and goods to be sorted and stored. "Most of this stuff jsut got here and hasn't been input properly yet, but have a look." He said back to Irina, hoping to god his shift ended soon. "I really gotta call a manager."

-DemiGM

OOC: Why do I have a feeling Irina's enemy list is going to get alot bigger after this scene. No turning back now she is all in.

-Raj

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Irina checked the manifest and looked for clues as to what was in the steel case. She looked at the entry times and any special storage instructions. The poor man was no soldier she needed to speak to someone of authority.
"I vill need the security data images for this time stamp. I vant images to see how crate was place in the room. No moving anything could be trigger in crate. Is the steel crate owner on station?"

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The young man hung up the staiton line. "Security is on it's way."

"This stuff hasn't even been sorted yet, so most of the details are rough." He pulled up the security cams of the last day and ran them at high speed, showing the pile of boxes growing higher with blurry trails of people bringing in crates. The one thing that remained constant was the young man sitting at his desk on his cortex.

There was a sudden flash of static ont he screen. When it cleared, the steel case appeared. He stopped and backed up the time frame.  "Not sure what happened there, but there is a 30 minute gap from yesterday at about 2:30am local time." He shook his head at the screen. "That's just wierd. What could make the camera's fritz out?"

He played back the tape before and after the incident. Another young man was on desk duty and appeared to be asleep, or at least un moved by the arrival of the crate. He checked the logs. "We got nothing marked as recieved at that time period. And I don't even think that crate is registered."

-DemiGM

OOC: Oh dear oh dear indeed.

Ash

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down