Re: Storage Decks 7-15

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/Irinadraft2.jpg
Irina updated the scenario in her thoughts. 'Terrorists smuggle an implosion assembly method fission bomb on station. Bomb detonates and destroys Greenleaf no survivors.'
Irina made the military decision that the likely outcome was death for everyone on the station as colateral damage. She would take an aggressive approach and deal with the potential threat directly with high risk bomb suppression and diffusion. No evacuation necessary as all civillians are to be considered 'dead man walking' for the duration of the operation.

What was her purpose now?If the real Irina died in the desert has her spirit already left this meat body?

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-04-21 13:05:03)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yakov tapped Irina's leg with his nose and looked up at her. She smiled. "I don't have a treat.", Irina said in Russian shaking her head,"You did very good job." Irina reached down and gave him a loving pat.

"I vill isolate bomb case and prepare for disarming." Irina said to the man as she walked back into the room.

She double checked the data on her hand held scanner. Her approach would be to isolate the case by moving all containers on and around it. There had to be some type of trigger mechanism in the crate on some type of timer. She could probe the outside of the casing to see it was wired to blow if contact was made. She would have to make a risky guess if it was safe to drill into a neutral part of the case and then slide in a fibre ootic camera to examine the contents. There was probably some type of gyroscrope inside the case that would trigger if the case was shifted in any direction.

'If we survive this I am going to recreate this as a simulation. This would make for a fun little excercise for the rookies', Irina thought to herself as she analysed the data to make the final decision on her disposal protocols.

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The storage clerk looked genuinely spooked now and a bead of sweat was appering on his brow.
He didn't even know who this woman and her dog were, let alone if they should be disposing of bombs. They did seem to have the right equipment though, and she talked like she knew what she was doing. He seiously ewondered why he came to work today...

He hoped security got here soon, so they could tell him to leave instead of him just running like hell. He did eye the doorway.

-DemiGM

OOC: I've put Irina in 'hold' so we can wait for Silent to come into the scene. She will be analysing data and not actually making any direct actions. I'm looking forward to being detained and arrested by security smile The Alliance sealed her military file and all of her advanced training, merits and promotions are not part of her official record. I love cinematic story telling so I'd prefer to reveal her background with flashback scenes as the sim progresses. Oh I loved the series "The Unit" so I'll be borrowing some names, faces and scenes.

-Raj

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*This is a flashback scene*
The 18 year old Irina Petrova completes her basic training before final evaluation
Sgt Major Jonas Blane: Looks down at Irina from the top of the mountain Are you sure you don't want a rope? Free climbing without a harness is not required training? (yelled down in Russian)

Cadet Irina Petrova: I am Shaman and Priestess of the Earth Mother. I am born of the Mountains. (in Russian)

Sgt Major Jonas Blane: Reaches for another beer and looks at his watch Just don't fall Cadet. I don't want to do the paperwork. 2 minutes Cadet Petrova your beer is getting warm (in Russian)

Cadet Irina Petrova: Makes a risky hand hold maneuver, spins her legs up over her head and pulls herself up over the ledge My time passing grade?

Sgt Major Jonas Blane: It's a good time Passes Irina a beer

Cadet Irina Petrova: Good time for voman. I do again to beat man's time (said in English)

Sgt Major Jonas Blane: He puts a hand on Irina's shoulder Men and women are built differently. We men are good at somethings and my wife says women are best in everything else.

Cadet Irina Petrova: They say I no good soldier. I am snow yokel bad at computers and electronical tool.

Sgt Major Jonas Blane: Laughing I don't waste my time training wash outs. I've recommended you for front line duty. Are you ready to make a difference Cadet?

Cadet Irina Petrova: Dah I vill no fail

-Irina

Last edited by Raj (2012-04-22 08:49:29)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: This scene has kind of died and lost all momentum. Any ideas? Should I keep going? My natural progression of the storyline was to have security/manager detain Irina and scrutinise her credentials.

-Raj

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: Jah, we were waiting for security to arrive. Silent, do you want to handle them, or shall I just continue?

-Kevin

OOC: I'll handle them.

IC: At that point, four Maczarek Security personnel arrived, two of them dressed in bomb disposal suits.

"Where's the giant sock?" one of them asked, utilising a standard code word that would stop anyone from overhearing them from panicking.

As he was directed there, one of the non-suited guys began to check the evacuation protocols. This could range from blocking off a couple of decks to getting everyone off the station.

- Security guys

Irina saw the security guards with bomb disposal gear. She moved position towards them so she could debrief them on what data she had from her scans and probes. Yakov sat obediently outside the room behind the counter; still expecting someone was going to give him a cookie treat.

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: Bumping this.

IC: The clerk just shook his head at the men and was looking very nervous. "I don't know man. The dog started freaking out and then she got suited up and indicated that crate as being a problem. Can I get out of here?"

-Clerk

The lead Mackie looked at the clerk and shook his head.

"Sorry, mate", he said, "You'll need to stay here. Can't have you causing a panic, can we?"

- Mackie leader

"Should I be panicing?!" the clerk retorted back not wanting anything to do with this stupid storage job he'd fallen into.

-DemiGM

"You be fine", Irina smiled at the clerk from the doorway,"Stay with Yakov he good dog."

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"I don't know", the Maczarek guy said, "Hodges, take a look at the crate".

One of the Mackies went over to Irina to look at the suspicious object.

- Mackie Four

"I have data scans of crate and room," Irina said to Hodges showing her raw data,"No external detonator detected but I jam any incoming signals for safety purposing."

OOC: I'm guessing Irina is using "old fashioned" obsolete devices

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No apparant electronic triggers or detonators were seen on the box or on the readings Irina has taken from them.

-DemiGM

Zuzutoo wrote:

No apparant electronic triggers or detonators were seen on the box or on the readings Irina has taken from them.

-DemiGM

OOC: okay I love cliff hangers that keep us on the edge of our seats ... but 2 months is long enough smile

Irina put herself in a focused meditative state that she had been trained to do. Time slowed, her heat rate diminished and all her senses opened to the one undeniable task at hand. She slowly sprayed part of the case with a teflon suppressant and prepared herself for a critical and risky part of the operation.

She pulled out her diamond tipped drilled, focused on the neutal part of the case and started drilling. She had to hold her hands perfectly still as drill bit would punch through. If that happened all would be lost.

Irina objective was to make a hole large enough to push through her fibre optic cable.

-Irina Petrova

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The metal crate was resistant to the drill bit, but after a short period gave way producing a perfect hole that would easily handle a fiber optic probe. The case remained stable and not explosion followed.

The clerk was very much wishing he could be anywhere else at the moment.

-DemiGM

Hodges was as well. He kept his head away from Irina to allow to work - she didn't need the distraction of his ugly mug.

If this was a bomb, it could do a lot of damage, but as yet, he wasn't sure.

- Hodges

Irina hands held firm and she slid the fibre optic into the hole.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Raj40m/fibreoptic.jpg

She looked into the scope, calibrated to maximum image enhancement and prayed to her Goddess.

-Irina

OOC: hey everyone sorry for the long break

-Raj

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The scope slowly slid into the crate. The small fiberoptic light gave a view of an inside that seemed to be made up mostly of rigid plastic foam. The contents were likely resting in form fitting shaped pockets in the foam packing. There was little visiblity as Irina had to push through the material to find any of the contents. After quite a bit of adjusting she came on something that looked a great deal like a military grade detonator.

-DemiGM

"I see military detonator", Irina stated as she looked into the scope,"Maybe PR-HB15 model type by its designation cannot risking closer examine."

Irina took a number of still shots like a surgeon taking visual during a internal medical procedure. She tried as best she could to cover all dimensions of the military hardware without trigging the device.  She took out one of the optical chips and passed it too one of the security.

"I vill need immediate analysing. Identify hardware for disposal."

-Irina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The security guy took the chip and ran for the lab as fast as he could. Of course, he had to wait for the lift.

- GM

Despite the difficulty of manuevering the probe, the detonator seemed to have the basic design of a common long duration military detonator used throughout the 'Verse especially during the war. To a degree it seemed about as old as Irina's equipment.

http://archive.propworx.com/img/a76a3562ce8b80a62de1f927d6517842

It was the kind that commonly was plugged into a block of plastic explosive.

-DemiGM

OOC: Complete with big red button, I see.

- Silent