Re: Retail Bazare -Deck 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/rlongtin/Phoenix%20Roleplaying/Danny%20Franco/1.jpg

Danny smiled and tipped his hat. It's the only ride on the skyplex, he thought to himself, pleased with the compliment all the same.

~Danny Franco

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jon Stapley wrote:

Ashe alighted smoothly from the cart and smiled at the driver.

"Thank you, Mr-" her eyes flickered to Danny's card for a whisper of a second, "Franco. Best ride on the Skyplex, I'll be sure to tell my friends."

She turned to August.

"Captain, when you have a moment spare from whatever leisure activities you have planned, I think we could do with exchanging a few words. Agreeable?"

- Ashe Tallis

August took the card from Danny and put it in his coat pocket without looking at it as he climbed out of his seat. "Fine", he said to Ashe. "Meet me in Phantasm later. It's on deck 5." If Danny had gotten the impression that August hadn't been paying attention to his tour, he now knew that he had been wrong.

August dug into his other coat pocket and fished out enough credits for Danny to pay for the transport of his crew. He leaned forward to the cart driver, both to make the smaller man a bit scared and to give him the feeling that what he had to say was very important. "Remember what we talked about. Should you come along anything that might interest me, be sure to let me know." After that he took some more credits out of his pockets and handed it over as a tip. If there were people on the station who needed people of questionable ethics to do a job for them, words of it would reach people like Danny. Without another word to either Ashe or Danny, he turned and walked away from the cart, in search of the weapon shop.

He only managed to get a few feet when his cortex unit notified him of an incoming text message. He took out the device and read the message:

=" Captain I have got us a price on making the engines shiny and a good rate for parts and labour, I have met and old friend who has offered to lead the team that will do the rebuild, I will oversee of course to make sure Odyssey gets top notch service ="

After reading the message, he quickly sent one back:

= "I'll defer to your judgement. Simply put: there is a budget for the repairs. Beyond that, we can't afford it. August Solitaire" =

He put his cortex unit away again and resumed his course.

-August Solitaire

Last edited by Mischa Brendel (2012-04-24 13:04:32)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/rlongtin/Phoenix%20Roleplaying/Danny%20Franco/1.jpg

Impressed by the large amount of funds August just handed him, Danny could only nod enthusiastically to what he said.

Danny then put the credits in his pocket and waited to be sure Ashe didn't need anything else. He gave a slightly confused smile.

~Danny Franco

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: Eep, sorry for the delay.

IC:

Mischa Brendel wrote:

August took the card from Danny and put it in his coat pocket without looking at it as he climbed out of his seat. "Fine", he said to Ashe. "Meet me in Phantasm later. It's on deck 5." If Danny had gotten the impression that August hadn't been paying attention to his tour, he now knew that he had been wrong.

-August Solitaire

"Phantasm," Ashe repeated, indicating she understood. She hadn't quite worked out what she was going to say to the Captain yet, but had resolved to wing it.

She turned back to the cart driver. She'd seen August had passed over enough money to pay for everyone, and had honestly been quite relieved, but she still tipped the man a spare coin and a smile of thanks.

"Drive safe," she said, winking. She turned and looked out onto the retail bazaar, attempting to get her bearings a little, her eyes searching for the medical supplies shop.

- Ashe Tallis

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The retail level was a dizzying maze of neon, chrome and vibrant colors. For many people the deck was impossible to navigate. Amidst the glow of competing shows was a bright sign that stated Directory. The long board stated several hundred different shops and boutiques for eager consumers. Fortunately they did bother to list them by category.

Pharmacuticals & Medical supplies

• Greenleaf Holistic Center

• R&R Chemist

• Healthy You II

• Universal Products & Supply

After reading the sign silently for a few seconds, Ashe headed straight for Universal Products. She figured it would be best to make sure she had all the basics before shooting for anything fancy. Her good sense of direction steered her faithfully, and after threading her way through the crowds, shortly arrived outside the universal supply store.

OOC: Does this warrant a new thread?

- Ashe Tallis

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: Good Idea.

-Kevin

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/Skizzo2711/LOTW/August.jpg

Because of his communication with Ronon, Ashe had beaten August to the board that showed a map of the deck they were on. By the time he got there, the doctor had already left, no doubt having to take care of business of her own. For a short moment August wondered what she wanted to talk to him about, but he decided that speculating served no purpose, so in stead he focused on his own errands. He looked at the board to see where he would be able to purchase ammo for his weapons.

OOC: Where might that be, oh great GM?

-August Solitaire

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/6bd9dace-1d9f-469e-b069-b872b1d826dd_zpswfifvw2x.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The weapons sellers on the station were surprisingly extensive.

Big Damn Hero, Surplus & Supplies - The brown don't run. Everything you need to start your own little insurrection.
Mr. Ammo - Specializing in exotic ammo loads and bulk orders.
Chang's Gunarama - Consignment House. Few questions asked.
Boom House - Specializing in high caliber guns and things that go Boom.
Peacekeeper Guns & Ammo - Name brand never used, out of the box weapons & Ammo.
Rim Rats Surplus - U-War scavengers with lots of memorabilia. Oh yeah, Guns too. Cash Only.
Mallory's Family Goods - Bargain Groceries, dry goods and necessary items for the whole family.
The Sporting Man - Specializing in high end things that make men men.

-DemiGM

Although names in itself said little, August figured that the more advertising a shop made, the more expensive its products would be. For that reason he headed towards the shop called 'Peacekeeper Guns & Ammo.

OOC: Should a separate thread be made for this, or can we handle this in the current thread?

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OOC: I think we can keep it here for the moment.

IC: The map showed Peacekeeper to be some distance across the deck. The retail deistrict was arranged in zig zagging blocks that appeared almost arbitary. The fact was the further form the escalators and service elevators the less expensive the rent was. So presumably the discounts would be higher the farther you walked.

-The way throught he cooridors was filled with lights, sounds and distractions of shopkeepers plying their wares to consumers, but after having to brush off half a dozen hawkers August arrived at the Chrome and Steel fascade of Peacekeeper Guns & Ammo. The front of the shop showed a variety of high end just off the line hand guns. A long row of rifles were on end behind the service desk. A balding man in a button down shirt noted his entry.

"Welcome to Peacekeeper. How can we make your life more secure?"

-DemiGM

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/Skizzo2711/LOTW/August.jpg

August ignored the man for a moment and looked around the shop. There were several displays which drew the attention to 'the latest model!' or the 'best buy!'. Further to the back were older and what appeared to be second-hand models, although several signs ensured the customer that these weapons were top quality as well.

Finally August turned his attention to the balding man. "I am looking for ammunition" he said matter of factly. "Two types: .357 for a semi-automatic revolver (OOC: I have based August's revolver on this weapon) and .308 for a sniper rifle. What can you offer me?" He walked closer towards the shop keeper.

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

(OOC: Awesome Gun. Looks perfect for the Verse.)

"Hell we can load just about any piece you got. Your .357 we got tons of. The .308, you want that with normal tips or teflon? And how much you after?"

-Gun Mechant

OOC: Thanks, I thought so too. Although the main reason for August to use the revolver is so that he can avoid leaving bullet cases of his gun laying around.

IC:
"For the .357 I was thinking around the number 400. The .308 not so much." August paused for a moment as he made a quick calculation in his head. "Let's say around 70 normal, 40 teflon." The order clearly revealed the fact that August was planning to use those bullets and not just have them in his weapons for self-defense. Then again, one hardly ever used a sniper rifle in self-defense.

"I want to see the wares before I buy them" he said and then added: "Also, what do you have in the range of grenades?"

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"That's no problem. Just no loading outside the range." He went back and pulled out several boxes of .357 and .308 cartrigdes that he brought to the counter. "Did you want the .356 regular or magnum load? As for Gernades, I got a couple surples pieces around, but if you want big stuff, check out the Boom House down the cooridor.  They got some shiny explosives."

-Clerk

August gave a nod of understanding concerning the grenades. He thought that Boom House might be one of the worst shop names he had ever heard, but said nothing on it. Instead, he answered the shopkeeper's question concerning the .357 bullets. "Magnum load. Now..." he took another few steps towards the seller. "How much is all of this going to cost me?"

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Had a feeling you were one for the Magnum loads." The clerks stated as he pulled the box of .357 forward for August to inspect. "As for the price, you got some pretty basic loads, standard pricing. Your teflon tips run a bit higher, but not too bad." He typed out the order and showed August the screen. It was slightly lower than he was expecting. The increased competition of the Skyplex tended to keep prices low.

-DemiGM

August was pleasantly surprised with the figure the clerk gave him, although he showed none of it. Then again, he didn't have to: no doubt the shopkeeper was aware of the prices of his competitors.

August opened the box and picked up one of the bullets to inspect it; he looked if the tiny but deadly object was smooth all around, weighed it in his hand and then picked up another bullet with which he did the same. Satisfied that the quality was proper, he put them both back in the box.

"The price is fair" August said matter-of-factly. "I'll pay what you ask, if you have the goods delivered to my ship." He was very pleased that things were going so quickly. He had half-expected to be bartering the rest of the day to get what he wanted. Of course this was only the first thing on his list, but it set him in a good mood, which was a rare thing.

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The clerk accepted August's payment. "We'll get these sent over to your ship. Let me know if you need anything else."

-Clerk

With the deal done, August simply walked out of the store. He had what he wanted and so did the clerk: there was no reason to keep the conversation going any longer.

Once outside, August looked down the corridor, trying to spot the Boom House to purchase his grenades.

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A nearby directory gave August a clue as to how to arrive at Boom House. As best as could be told from the maze like map, it was on the far outside edge of the retail district, but not a terribly far walk.

Curiously, in a placed packed full of shops, the quality of tenants surrounding The Boom House, was pretty sketchy. Most looked like they could close up and move out anytime they wanted... or needed too. Lots of lower end merchandise, adult entertianment and catalog order companies. The Boom House itself certainly stood out. The entry was through what appeared to be a cartoon like explostion with cartoony bricks flying everywhere.

Once inside, the showroom would cause nearly any patron to stand their ground for a moment. It looked dangerous. Explosives of nearly every style and type were displayed with "Blow Out Prices" tagged to them. Some properitor's sick sense of humor had a large clock on the wall ticking down to closing time mounted on what appeared to be about 50 pounds of C4. The man walking the room had a Namebadge that stated Ted. He had eyes that would make a mercenary nervous. Happy Shopping.

-DemiGM

The surroundings of the shop that held August's interest certainly weren't reassuring. Although the former bounty hunter doubted if their fears were legitimate. If a shop like the Boom House had a tendency to blow up then certainly the space station management would have said something about it. August grimaced as he saw the shop itself. A thing like grenades was a serious matter, not something to make jokes about. Still, if this was the best place to shop for grenades on the station, this was where he would get his merchandise.

When he stepped inside, August proved to be no different from nearly any patron. He had to stand still for a moment to take it all in. The place seemed to house more explosives than an Alliance bunker in wartime. Here the bad humor about explosives was apparent as well. August shook his head for a moment and then stepped up to the salesman.

"Hello, 'Ted.' I am looking for grenades and it is apparent that I have come to the right place." August pronounced the clerks name with a mock; namebadges? What the hell was this kind of place? He hoped that the products were a lot better than the way they were presented.

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Ted" gave him a sneer of a smile. "Names not Ted, but welcome to The Boom House. What kind of gernades you after? A quick little pop like a grizwald, a standard crowd pleaser of the pineapple variety, or some rollers or poppers? You want heatseekers, freind or foe, sonics or a low grade fusion blast? Who you looking to blow up?"

-Not Ted

August listened to 'Ted' summing up what was for sale and then, like he had done when purchasing ammo, simply named a list of what he needed and how much he needed: "Fourty standard grenades, or 'crowd pleasers' as you call them, fifty flash bangs and fifty sonics. I also need 15 of your crowd pleasers with a settable timer." While he went through his list, August took a look at 'Ed', measuring the fellow up.

-August Solitaire

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Ted" listened to August, twitching once or twice as he looked quickly around the shop. "Sure thing Boss. We got all that. But why keep yourself to low tech? I can get you a case of seeker drones that glide right in, go around walls and blast who ever you want sky high. I gotta shiny selection of land mines too." The man grinned as he spoke showing several teeth missing. He picked up a land mine from the display counter and started tossing it back and forth from hand to hand.

"You know I think I even got a few hive gernades you might want to check out." He tossed the land mine to August, turning and going behind a counter to the side where he pulled out what could best be described as a long stick, brimming with tiny metal balls. Each ball was an individual explosive that sprayed out from the core looking for the nearest heat source before exploding. He waved the stick around at August. "These are great! Personal guarantee, if some comes looking for you, and you toss out one of these, if you need a second one, its free."

-Not Ted