Re: Phantasm - Deck 5

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/deborahleighton/ef75bd95-5d79-4c26-ab59-bb38cd832db4_zpsfsl01e8w.jpg

Kris nodded, and set about the final preparations for opening. Once the bar staff arrived, she'd pop out and run a few errands before things got too busy.

~Kris

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thirty minutes later Ginger and the others were clocked in behind the bar, the door staff were in place and a small queue had formed outside.

She checked the time; surely Alex would want to do the honours and open up? He seemed more interested in the back office than front of house, which wasn't like him.

She'd give it five more minutes and if he wasn't here by then, she'd go get him.

~Kris

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/deborahleighton/Alexander-Skarsgard.jpg

As if summoned, Alex's large form stooped through the door from the office and strode over to her.

He exchanged a few words with some of the staff as he passed them enroute to Kris, and finally arrived to stand next to her.

"Shall we?" he invited her, gesturing towards the main door.

- Alex

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/deborahleighton/ef75bd95-5d79-4c26-ab59-bb38cd832db4_zpsfsl01e8w.jpg

"Let's", she purred, as they made for the door. She could hear the low hum of a crowd queuing outside, even above the steady rhythm of the music now filling the club.

~Kris

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

And with a nod to her, and another to the doorstaff who stood nearby, Alex pulled open the hatch and smiled at the crowd beyond it. The sensation he felt as his ears adjusted to the sound of the music and the slight change in pressure as he opened the door reminded him of the club's last night, of the disaster, but his smile didn't waver and he slowly roved his gaze to regard the crowd from left to right, and front to back. There were more doorstaff outside, of course, who had been watching the crowd as it gathered, but all eyes turned to Alex as he stood, his tall physique framed impressively in the club's illuminated threshold.

"Friends, spacefarers, Skyplexians," he projected his voice loudly, "welcome to Phantasm! Entry is 2 platinum, drinks are free for the first hour, we have 34 different types of beer, and the gift shop is open - selling a range of Phantasm branded T-shirts, postcards, and hoodies. Downstairs the dungeon is ready to receive pre-booked pre-vetted guests upon receipt of a valid ID card!"

He glanced sideways to Kris.

"Did I miss anything?" he asked.

- Alex

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The crowd outside had heard rumors of a special deal when the club opened. Free drinks went through the crowd like wildfire. The mass of humanity surged forward. Folks near the back of the crowd, were busy calling their friends on the Cortex to come share in the free drinks. It was going to be a big night.
-GM

"Think you covered it", Kris replied. "Though it's 35 types of beer, not 34. You forgot the new Siesta Prickly Pear Londinium Lager".

She nodded to the door staff as she stepped back and the queue began to shuffle forwards through the doors.

~Kris

Last edited by Deborah Leighton Plom (2015-12-06 21:34:32)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

"Always something," he said, casually.

He half-stepped towards one of the nearby doorstaff, turning his back to Kris.

"Zpráva," he ordered.

- Alex

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ooc- sorry for the abrupt shift in time. We are moving forward one month to make a clean start on the sim for everyone to participate in. Feel free to fill in the lost month as seems fit.
-Kevin

----------Timeline cut------------------

Sapphire led the way, her rainbow hair heralding her arrival, as well as the station's Dockmaster. "See now, love, best idea." she spoke with a giggle as she glanced around at the club. "Now let us see about getting me a drink!" Grabbing Scarlett's arms, she drug her friend along to the bar.

Sapphire

The bouncers at the door made immediate room for the two to enter, despite a growing que of clubbers outside.  If it was Sapphire's flamboyant appearance or the presence of the known station administrator was not known, they got in easily either way.

The interior of the club was filled with all types and manner of club goers imbibing drinks and moving in rythm with the thumping electronic music. Scarlett smiled happily as they steered their way toward the bar. For a few minutes she was just a young woman in a bustling club, albeit without the leather and vinyl outfit, not the person reponsible for everything that happened on the station. She savored the brief illusion of freedom.

The bar was two deep in folks calling for drinks to a team of three bartenders as Sapphire approaced, her flame haired friend in tow.

-Scarlett

"Oooh...." Sapphire teetered on her high heels and she drew to a sudden stop, eyeing a skimpy corset top on one of the 'regulars' she had bumped into there the other night. "Just where did find this contraption?" her hands slid over the woman's waist as she admired the top. After an answer and and quick kiss on the cheek she spun back around to Scarlett.

"I just love this place!" her words were emphasized by the twinkling excitement shining in her eyes.

Sapphire

Scarlett just shook her head. Dressed in her jeans and work flannel shirt, she stood out in the surging throng of leather, vinyl and spandex. Sapphire just glowed in here. Literally she glowed. The rainbow colors of her hair took on a neon appearance under the club lights. Scarlett look at her with some envy. She could never be as easy and free as her friend.

"I thought we were getting you a drink?" she reminded her easily distracted friend. 

One of the leather clad bartenders leaned over. "So what are you two having tonight?"

Scarlett just waved her hand. "Just for my friend, I've got work."

-Scarlett

She smiled brightly, an arm snaking around Scarlett's waist and moving them through the throng and up to the bar. "Yes, lovie! A drink!"

Sapphire glanced from Scarlett to the bartender winking as she ordered, "Give us 2," She held up two fingers as she ordered, "shots of something guaranteed to knock out panties off and surprise me with something fruity!"

Sapphire

The bartender smiled back. "Comin right up." He stated and turned away before Scarlett could protest. She gave her friend a frantic angry eyed look, but then relented, knowing by walking into this place she tacitly agreed to at least one drink.

The bartender shortly returned with two mostly clear shots and a birdbath sized glass of fruity icy goodness. "Best of luck and may Buddah have mercy on your souls." he expressed as he deposited the beverages in front of the ladies.

"You are so evil." Scarlett told Sapphire as she raised her shot. "Good lord! I can smell the vapor trails from here." She quickly downed the drink, which felt exceptionally hot going down her throat before commencing to make her sinuses explode while feeling like a wrestler pulled her bottom lip over her head with a slice of lime. She stood still for a moment as the drink began enacting it's savagery on her body. "Wow... that was certainly... memorable."

As her extremities began tingling, she almost missed her cortex buzzing. "Gossa!" How did they know? She fumbled for her unwieldy device, staining to hear over the thumping rythmn in her brain and the club. =I'm here. What's up?= The background noise kept barring as Scarlett held her hand over her other ear. =Good. We've been waiting for them. What do they say?= Scarlett waved Sapphire away as she tried to make her way to the wall of the club. =Shut up. It can't be that big. Check again.... Seriously? What in all that's holy did they find?... Is he? Yes put him through! Immeiately!=

She quickly made her way over to Sapphire. "Gotta go. Work. We'll catch up more later. Love you." She gave her friend a fast hug before turning and burrowing her way through the crowd towards the door.

=Go ahead Mr. Duncan. What the hell are you bringing toward my station?!=
-Scarlett

="Miss Scarlett, ye need t' git th' station ready fer a huge problem.  The Vaco has caught hersef th' remains o' one o' them missing Arks from Earth That Was.  It's a'headin' fer Greenleaf at a pretty good clip an' it'll be thar in about a day.  It's massive, an' it's highly radioactive, so as it gits closer, yer gonna lose comm wi' all ships an' th' planet.  Anyone a'goin' aboard her will need a heavy suit t' protect agin radiation.  Ye need t' try an' change it's trajectory, as it's gonna be a real problem.  Suggest ye consider how many deep space tugs ye might be able t' git involved, as it's gonna take a heap o' power t' turn that derelict from its path toward ye.  We tried t' raise the crew o' th' Vaco, but no response.  Don't know if'n thy're still alive 'er not.  Over."=

Scarlett dropped her cortex. Her face going flushed she starred at the ground where the bulky device was about to be trampled by clubgoers. "...an Ark..." she barely whispered. The next word from her mouth was an expletive followed by another. Her Cortex was unceremoniously kicked towards the front door by some drunken hussy. That snapped her into the hear and now as she uttered yet one more expletive.

Stooping to get her Cortex, she fumbled for the door. She grabbed the device and put it to her ear. =Are you #$^/ing with me Mr. Duncan?! Because that is not funny!= she pushed her way out the main door of the club into the rather crowded cooridor outside. =A %÷$#ing Ark is on a collision course with my station?!=

Two bouncers outside the club approached her. "Ma'am, you are gonna have to move along!" Scarlett ran a hand through her flame red hair trying to gather her thoughts on the physical and political consequences the unfolding event would bring to her station. =Are you sure Mr. Duncan?= she asked knowing it was a stupid question, but kind of hoping what he was saying wasn't real. "Ma'am! You need to go now!" one of the steroil riddeled bouncers demanded. She rolled her eyes and pulled out her IDent Card and shoved it in his face. "Shut the %=$/ up and give me some gorram space!" She growled with a voice of very angry authority that made the bouncer back away. Far away.

=Give me the details again Jim. I can get every Tug from here and Greenleaf today and maybe a couple from Dyton by tomorrow. Seriously. An Ark?!=
-Scarlett

Zane looked around at the interior of the club. So many stories circulated about this place in the Plexie crowd. He doubted any of them had ever actually made it inside. A heavy bass throbbed from every seeming direction. Neon and colored lights flashed everywhere. A dense crowd of patrons moved about in a widr variety of leather, vinyl and silk. He had had dreams like this when he was in Jr. High.

He grabbed Natalya's hand and pulled her over towards a corner of the main room near the dance floor. His grin was enormous, goofy even. If folks had been bothering to check for underage kids inside the club he would have stood out sorely. "This is beyond epic!" he said to Natalya, his voice being highly drowned out by the electronic dance music.

-Zane

Natalya giggled as Zane drug her along, she just couldn't believe they had gotten inside! And they might not have it hadn't been for all the commotion at the door. Everything was mostly a blur as they hurried along, but once they stopped her wide eyes scanned the club and its patrons. "Dude..." Her voice was near breathless, he cheeks tinting pink. People had not been joking, this was a fetish club. Natalya had new goals in life now.

"What?!" She yelled, leaning closer to Zane for her voice to carry over the din of the music.

Natalya