Topic: AW 75 - A Mercenary Pilot Sim Proposal

Okay let's see if this is marketable. Since I got a regular method for being present daily, here is the gist:

AW 75
Shinsekishima (New Century Island)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/ensignminneapolis/badge.gif

The year is AW 75 - And the skies are never friendly...

The once strong island nation of Shinsekishima has fallen under hard times as pirates have placed a choke-hold on it's once vibrant economy. It was further hobbled by a series of natural disasters that the pirates have taken advantage of to gain resources from the larger nations that surround it and it's waters. The criminal cartels on the island back the pirate activity, since they get a cut of the profits and get to sell what is stolen/captured at a overinflated rate and collect all ransoms demanded by the pirates.

The Prime Minister, Anna Ichiro, has had enough. Using what little the defense budget had, she hired a group of mercenaries from the various nations for a last stand.

Shinsekishima is a melting-pot from all over the world. The northern nations of the Great Alliance, which formed after the Last War ended seek to bring peace to the conflict, which would result in the island chain to be taken over by their peacekeeping forces and any concept of sovereignty would be erased.

The Southern Empire seeks to bring back Shinsekishima back into it's fold as it once was called Jīn dǎo, the "Gold Island".

The Eastern Empire of Hoshi seeks to preserve the island's neutrality, as it was key in keeping the peace in the great Eastern Ocean at the end of the Great War.

Now the mercenaries find themselves in a dizzying place where the cultures of the world collide, crime runs the streets, and now, hope begins to stir.

The Mercenaries hired are accomplished pilots, of a diverse array of 4th Generation and 5th Generation aircraft. While Shinsekishima can't afford stealth technology, the Eastern Empire has sent different advanced aircraft to match the talents of the pilot mercenaries hired.

OOC Info -
This game is a cinematic combat game, taking place on a original world not based on our world or history. It will be freeform, keeping track only of weapons fired and when flares/chaff are used. During roleplay outside of combat the potential of getting "drama points" can come into play, where the player can spend the point to do a dramatic edit in their favor.

The pilots will be expected to be able to both operate from land and from their only Carrier, the SNC-1 Kibo (Hope). Unfortunately the pirates just scored their own carrier. The whereabouts are currently unknown.

The aircraft used will be 4th Generation, and fictional jet fighter aircraft that later on will "unlock" as the campaign progresses (I will be using aircraft from the "Ace Combat" series for inspiration for this). The players may choose a aircraft from the 4th Generation list linked, with it's model name changed to the player's liking. The more fluff that the player creates for their aircraft the better. Including past campaigns.

What I will need for player write-ups is a follows:

Name:
Callsign: - This is earned after the first mission.
Aircraft Callsign (Yes, you can name your aircraft):
Aircraft (Including fluff):
Flight Career History (Past engagements):
Aircraft color scheme (Pilots are allowed to use custom color schemes as part of their livery):
Pilot History (This is the background of the pilot):
Appearance:
Flightsuit color scheme:

The technology of the world is thoroughly modern, with some advancements to put it where I like to call "15 minutes into the future" where things like fuel research, carbon fiber frames, and other things have greatly increased the gas economy and range of most aircraft. Also the flight suits and gear has improved as the island has given the last of their "G-Tolerance and Advanced Survival (GTAS) Suits" to the pilots as well as a augmented reality interface helmet system (Thanks Silent!) for their aircraft.

Last edited by Osprey (2012-11-11 19:24:03)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: AW 75 - A Mercenary Pilot Sim Proposal

I've got to say that I heartily approve of this sim and I am probably going to join it.

Heh, I thought you'd be a given, since you are my airboss over at Fighter Ops. Would be helpful having a experienced Sim Owner here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks. One suggestion - you might want an easier to spell name for this sim.

Silent

Hmm... I could use the name Shinsekishima as the nation's name still, but choose something that rolls off the tongue... working on it.

Addendum: Now it is called AW 75

Named after the calendar used in the game. The AW stands for After War. The "Great War" as it is also called was so violent it actually shaped the calendar. Would be a interesting write on the game timeline.

Last edited by Osprey (2012-11-05 17:45:29)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Good suggestion!

Interesting concept, but I'm swamped with sims already and can't take on any more! Good luck!

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm currently sketching a map of Shinsekishima, which I will scan in and post soon.

I thought I would note, the languages of the three main powers are based on real-world languages.

"Polarisian" is the language spoken by the Great Alliance in the north, it is spoken and written like UK English.

"Southern" is Simplified Chinese, spoken by the Southern Empire

"Hoshi-go" is based on Japanese, and spoken by the Hoshi Empire.

This will help with names, and with other things I would imagine. Feel free to invent home towns for your characters.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I should post in my plan for AWOL/Absentee policy.

1: 7 Days AWOL - I will check in on the player via PM/Other contact medium and get appraised on their condition.
2: If there is no answer or arrangements made, the player at 14 Days will be considered "Inactive/AWOL".
3: If other arrangements are made, the player will be considered "Inactive/On Leave".
4: During downtime players that are inactive/on leave/AWOL will be moved to the background.
5: During combat, any players that are AWOL during combat will be shot-down and will have injuries that will prevent their activity until the player's return.
6: Players that do not return will either be turned into NPCs or will die on duty.
7: Returning players that come back in the middle of the sortie will be placed on "SAR Duty", where they will get activity either retrieving downed PCs or NPC survivors. This will give returning players something to do.

New Player Policy
1: New Players will be brought in at the start of a new mission.
2: New Players joining during a mission will be on SAR Duty with any returning inactives.
3: New Players will have the lowest designation in a flight when flights are used. Otherwise their handle will be used.

Character Build Change
Mercenaries earn their names. Your call-sign will be assigned after the first mission. You will be referred to by name otherwise until that time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Recommendations:

Illustrations and Artwork - Best way to get it is to make a request to someone I can recommend. Just ask and I will give you the link. It is at a site that is NSFW, but the thread the requests are made on aren't too bad. But I won't link here. It did pop up once over at the Fighter Ops forum, not sure if the link stayed.

This game I consider "15 minutes into the future". That means the tech is a little more advanced, everything is more compartmentalized, and looks a bit more high tech. The example suit and helmet shown in the first post are prime examples. Also as mercenaries you can have your own colors and livery on your aircraft and flight-suit. Image is everything.

Last edited by Osprey (2012-11-12 15:24:44)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just made a recruitment post on my Facebook. Will look into other locations. For those looking from my FB post feel free to post interest here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I had an idea that I think will add to your characters and to add to the overall story.

With your mercenary, you'll have an "operator". This operator is your primary assistant, and your RIO/Weapons Officer in twin-seat aircraft. This person also brokers your missions with the Prime Minister, and provides overall support for your character. When there are no PCs or a shortage of PCs in SAR, your operators are trained for the job. They are the ones that first give you the job as well.

During your initial prelude before Mission 1, your mercenary will have a story that leads you to the island nation. Your operator will also come along for the trip.

Luckily, YOU get to design this character like your primary. Although I will be controlling them.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just dropped the dime at Planes and Mercs.

Last edited by Osprey (2012-11-19 13:41:03)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

okay, i'm not this fance with RPing, but i would give it a try if you want.

what did i need?

Name: Thomas Bukard
Callsign: /
Aircraft Callsign: EuFi (if something dosen't work: just Vieh [cattle])
Aircraft:F/A-200 Epsilon Pegasi  (EF2000 Typhoon - G.A.A.F. name picked from here, i hope that's what you meant Osprey Wiki list of huge stars)
  There are allways little figures glued left and right next to the HUD
Flight Career History: Just Boarder Patrols and Combat Exercices in the G.A.A.F. with some minor boader crossing situations and nearly blue on blue accidents
Aircraft color scheme: Its painted in a dim black/grey hex field digital camo pattern with Pilots Name and Callsign painted in a crimson red right under the canopy.The kill counter board is located right over the gun muzzle
Pilot History:  [W.I.P.]
Appearance:http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k565/EvangelionUnit/profilbild8.jpg
Flightsuit color scheme: grey tone digital camo much like the jet.

Last edited by Spart (2012-11-21 00:01:20)

Armored with faith, armed with knowledge, blessed with wrath.
Jennifer Roth-Mud&Mercs|Felix Winter-Wing Commander|Jochen Baumann-Covert-81|Neera Anzari-Area 88 Waving Wings|Eric O'brien-Area 88 Crimson Skies|Torsten Winkler-Rainbow Six

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You know, I think I already have a idea for a callsign for you, Spart. But I'll keep that under my helmet for now. Also welcome.

As a note to all interested, feel free to post up your backgrounds.

Note, the Eurofighter Typhoon is a Gen 4/4.5 Aircraft. In fact it is pretty much set up to be a Gen 5 killer in alot of ways. Everything from it's weapons systems to it's new AR system makes it a match in my opinion for the F-35.

But at least in this story, it's the pilot that is just as important as the aircraft.

Oh, You get to rename the model by the way. In our world it is the Eurofighter Typhoon, but what is it called in the world of AW 75?

Oh, since you have a english name, you're probably from the Northern Great Alliance, so the name of your aircraft model is definately english. Note that most GA Aircraft are named for stars in the sky, astronomical phenomenon, or meteorlogical phenomenon.

In fact, next posting will have suggestions for each faction.

Last edited by Osprey (2012-11-20 23:16:08)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay, since you guys get to name the model your aircraft is a build of, here is some suggestions to help with the creative process.

Great Alliance
GA Aircraft are named after Astronomical Objects/Stars in the sky, Astronomical Phenomenon, Meteorlogical Phenomenon, and natural disasters. They also use the F designation for serial numbers. (F-1, F-2, etc...)

Hoshi Empire
Birds (In Japanese), Mythological Creatures (All Languages), they use the HF designation for serial numbers. (HF-1, 2, etc...)

Southern Empire
Predatory Mammals (Tiger, Wolf, Lion, etc...) They use the SF designation for serial numbers.

Shinsekishima Republic
Shinsekishima uses destriptive nouns (Invincible, Valiant, Adamant), Insects (Hornet, Mantis, etc...),  and use DF designations (DF-1, 2,etc...)

Last edited by Osprey (2012-11-20 23:26:50)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Osprey wrote:

Okay, since you guys get to name the model your aircraft is a build of, here is some suggestions to help with the creative process.

how about converting the gen 4 list from wiki into something ? we can give our jets their own "name" ...

Armored with faith, armed with knowledge, blessed with wrath.
Jennifer Roth-Mud&Mercs|Felix Winter-Wing Commander|Jochen Baumann-Covert-81|Neera Anzari-Area 88 Waving Wings|Eric O'brien-Area 88 Crimson Skies|Torsten Winkler-Rainbow Six

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay, I will make a list of aircraft for each nation and their RL counterpart. It'll be a couple days.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I humbly suggest that this discussion goes to the appropriate forum.

Good luck and happy flying!

Silent Hunter
General Coordinator
Phoenix Roleplaying
21 November 2012