Topic: Planes & Mercs: Borgen Flight

I'm setting up a new flight here. Would any Phoenixians be interested in joining up?

Re: Planes & Mercs: Borgen Flight

Possibly, what's the background?

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

From Malt, who runs the Balkans campaign:

The Balkans of 2015 is much like the Balkans of the last 100 years. A land of patchwork ethnic and religious groups with nationalistic pride deeply etched in their consciousness. Home to the worst conflicts in Europe since World War II and marred by war crimes, the region is a hotbed of interethnic strife.

The urge to overthrow perceived oppressors, be it the Ottoman Empire or more recently Yugoslavia continues to boil over. This has been most recently seen in the emergence of another state, Kosovo. Supported by NATO and the United States the fledgling breakaway nation is seen as both a security risk and a public humiliation by Serbia. With the collapse of the international markets and the deepening global recession of 2012 the Kosovo Force (KFOR) peacekeepers were slowly recalled by their respective nations.

The global economic chaos has hit the region harder than most, the struggling economies placed under more strain and the unemployment rates skyrocketed. Throughout the region there was a perceptible shift towards nationalistic parties and stories of young males harassing ethnic minorities grew so frequent that they were no longer considered ‘news worthy’.

Serbian President Tomislav Nikolić’s repeated calls for Serbian territorial stability and elimination of paramilitary forces in Kosovo over that last three were keenly felt by Kosovo and its neighbours. Serbian forces have slowly built up near the Kosovo border but the ethnic majority of the small nation was not idle. They smuggle in weapons while the unemployed youth flocks to organised resistance forces preparing for the onslaught.

The domination of Serbia in the air has many other nations rattled but recently a sudden shift of power has occurred in the Balkans. The small country of Macedonia has invited Private Military Companies to “Protect Macedonian sovereignty and assist the Macedonian Armed Forces in the elimination of terrorists in the North”. The Turkish sponsored new and refurbished “Alexander the Great” airport in Skopje was put into operation on September 6, 2011, making Macedonia the country with the most modern airport in the Balkans.

Now private firms from all over the world descend upon this airport like vultures to prey. Knowing that the old ethnic and religious rivalries will play out once more, even a blind man can see that all the ingredients for a region-wide conflagration are there. One false move and there just might be a firestorm…

The full Firestorm world background can be found in the handbook here (big file):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56149924/pilots … beta08.pdf

It's a dice-based air combat RP, like AW75 but in the real world and with war crimes a plenty. I've got four characters there.

Let me get more time/exp on the sims before I jump pages. Besides, I still have my poetry to write.

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OK, understood. We're nearly fully now, but I'll update you on our activities here.

We've just started the RP here and while we're not yet onto a mission, Borgen Flight is making its presence felt. We have five mercs; two Swedes, two Brits and a Turk. I'm playing Flight Lead Jovanka Larsen, a highly snooty Swedish woman who lost a leg when the first Borgen Flight got ambushed in a previous operation.

We've decided to buy four aircraft: a Saab Draken, an IAR-93 Vultur (Romanian trainer/light attack jet), a Jaguar and a Buccaneer. Jovanka is in the Romanian jet.

Also present is an alternative version of Fighter Ops; here she sells jet washes and information.

- Silent

Still need wingmen, Silent?

-Iry

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't take any more at the moment, but please sign up and I might be able to take you once this round of missions ends. Or you can look at the other campaigns on site.

- Silent

I'm signed up on there as Kaz. So, just let me know.

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just been confirmed that a third squadron will be allowed in Balkans.

We're currently in the middle of our first mission - so far we've taken out one patrol boat and one Mirage 3C for minor damage and Jo getting shrapnel in her chest.

- Silent

So does that mean there's room?

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes, it does. We still have space for a sixth player in Borgen - or you can join the helicopter flight.

- Silent

Here are the results of our first mission:

Enemy Kills:

1x Mirage 3C (1a) (Queen)
1x La Combattante IIa (Queen/Knight)
1x Mirage 3C (Barnaby)

Incidentals:
None

Objective(s)
Primary: Intercept Smuggler: Success
Primary: Protect Albanian Patrol Boats: Success

Pay:
Mission Pay: 800
Success Bonus: 80
Kill Bonus: 256
Life Insurance: 0
Incidentals: 0
Total: 1136

I have now left this site.

Do we still have any publicity there?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We only had one advert, but we did get a couple of members from it; Spart for example.

We're looking for a new player to take the backseater role in our Blackburn Buccaneer.