Topic: Sim Proposals: After the Turn

It was suggested and well received of the idea of a sim set in the world of The Hollows, and I was generously asked to coordinate it.  I'm finishing up the last book in the series, but that won't really be needed by the time I get the game running. 

The short version is 'This is a world where Witches, Vampires, Weres, and so forth live amongst the humans.

Our sim will be set in Pittsburgh (since I am set in Pittsburgh), but a Post-Turn Pittsburgh.  I've got most of the details worked out, and will be doctoring up a map of Pittsburgh, maybe seeing if I can figure out a Google Maps overlay to use.

The one thing I'm working on is a name for the area of town that the Inderlanders would live.  If you check this map, the area from the Strip District, along the river, to the hill (that you can't see on that map) will be Pittsburgh's Inderlander District.  I don't want to use 'The Hollows' but I want something that keeps the slightly supernatural feel, but also sounds like a specific part of town.

Any suggestions?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Sim Proposals: After the Turn

My wife's suggestion:  The Slabs

Also, I started my Google Maps overlay, here.  There's only two things there, ATM, but I'll update as I think of interesting things to mark off.

If any non residents can think of things that should be included, please let me know.

Last edited by Alexius (2010-08-31 23:21:11)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow, that's really cool!

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, how many players do we have here?  I know there's Marlise and I, but who were the others?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There were Dondi and Ryan as well.

I'm really keen - you've sucked me in with your clever maps and links to wikipedia... but I haven't read further than the wikipedia articles, so how much would I need to know minimum to be able to play?

~Deb

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds like plenty to me!

I finished the book, too, so I'm ready to start playing as soon as we've got some confirmed players.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That is, also, as soon as we have a good name.  For the game, After the Turn has a nice ring to it.  For the area of town the inderlanders live, we can come up with it later.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm intrigued by this sim.

It's very similar to one I had been planning involving a Vampire/werewolf setting, though set in the near future. Focusing on an Underworld film type of world

Thumbs up Thumbs down

'Lex, I'd love to play if you think I can keep up? (I'll read more stuff I promise...)

Deb

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay, then lets open the sim.  I'll start a setting post, if all the players want to email me their character name, race, age, job, and a picture'd be nice, if possible.

Let's set this circle!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool, we'll get you an RPE ASAP.

Closing this thread, as the proposal is carried. :-)

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down