Topic: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

As anyone walks in, they will see a very large room. Immediately up close they will see a conference table with many fine leather chairs, facing two large screen monitors on the wall. The floor is dark blue carpet. The CANIS logo is on the back side wall. And way alone the wall parallel to the door is a fine desk and a couple of comfy leather chairs. With a matching set of colors (flag) to the logo.

CANIS Logo
http://24.media.tumblr.com/199b923c82e1a94ce7fc5f0302291f5a/tumblr_mron5mUO731sf2944o1_500.jpg

-GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

When everyone enters the room is empty apart from the description above. there is a note on the table that says, have a seat

-GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Upon entering, Aaron looked around the empty room. He took note of all the set ups in the room, and wanders over to the conference table. Seeing the note to take a seat, he again looks around, this time searching for anything that could be watching. Cameras, mirrors, people... He couldn't see anything however, so he found a corner from which he could observe the whole room, while still seeing the screens, door and table. In this way, noone could sneak up behind him as he leaned back against the wall, folding his arms and so he waited.

~Aaron

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Continued from Ethans Room

When Ethan entered the director's office, he felt a slight pain because the room reminded him so much of his dad's office at his last duty-station. Everything from the briefing table, to the coat-of-arms flying in the back of  room brought back a flood of memories.

When his mind settled, he caught a glimpse of "Thor Vorheese" sitting in the back of the room and gave him a slight nod before taking a seat in the chair directly in front of him. "I wonder if this has anything to do with those pirate attacks," he thought out loud.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Fiddlesticks!!!!


Hand full, Kateri had to work at getting the door open, and then pushed it with her back. Once inside, she did a little spin to get out of the way of it closing behind her. And then she noticed Aaron and Ethan...and cleared her throat. That faint pink tint creeping into her face as she remembered what she had had Abuelo do earlier...which got a tad dark as she realized exactly what shirt Ethan was wearing. Kateri moved to the table, bending at her knees to first set the coffee on the table, and then gently letting the things from Merle clatter down to rest on the table.

Spying the note, she pulled out a chair and sat. Picking up the mic, though, Kateri turned it over and over in her hands. She had absolutely no idea what to do with the thing.

Kateri

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

As they all sat down, it remained quiet in the room. Aaron feels hands on his shoulders as he begins moving forward not able to resist the motion due to surprise and finds himself sitting.  Kateri can see a pakistani looking man in a well made Italian suit appear through the wall as if coming through the shadows,

"Aaron, I do believe the wall can hold itself up. It needs no assistance from you."  Director Moyeen walked around the office, his commanding presence calling attention from the three to him as he moved to the head of the conference table.

"You all are probably wondering why I called you in here today. We have a situation, that your specific talents would be of great use." moyeen leaned on his hands against the back of the chair.

- GM

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

OOC: Aaron is standing in the corner leaning against the wall, not sitting tongue

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Aaron banged his palm flat on the desk, interrupting the man. His anger seemed to have pushed through whatever influence this man had. "Next time, if you want me to do something, you say so. Otherwise, you do not treat me like a toy. I am here of my choice remember, if I want to stand in the corner, that's where I'll stand" he growled, jabbing his bandaged hands index finger alternations between himself and the Director as he did so.

After that little out-burst, he sat back in the chair, obviously still not pleased about the event, but he'd said his piece. He wouldn't speak up again until the man had said his. Aaron was quick to anger, and quite unreasonable at times, but he had respect for the other man, at least in the aspect of his apparent power. As such he would treat him with respect, and as his anger burned back down to it's usual cinders, he removed his hand from the table, letting it drop into his lap next to his injured one.

~Aaron

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Having only seen the director once, in the hallway, Kateri was a bit unnerved as the suddenly appeared. But he seemed to command ones attention, by not only his presence... But his voice also. She quit fiddling with the things in front of her and glanced at the other two men in the room. Surely the director wasn't insinuating what she thought....

But her thought didn't last long as Aaron snapped, his ire plain. Obviously she wasn't the only one with a temper problem..
Kateri

Last edited by Misty Diamond (2013-08-19 05:47:55)

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Director Moyeen looked at Aaron, "Your request is duly noted, next time pick a different corner." Director Moyeen looked at the others, giving Aaron's burst little heed. He had read the man's file many times, and he had seen his soul.
"You are here, for a specific mission, we've been given intelligence from Director Lancel at CANIS UK. That information of the whereabouts of the fire relic are held... This will be your first mission brief. I would ask of you respectably to remain silent till I finish. Afterwards any questions you have will be answered. Understood?"

-GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Aaron did nothing but fold his arms

~Aaron

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Ethan nodded his head and smiled, "Director. Ready when you are." he must be prior military because this is exactly like a pre-mission brief my dad used to give. Hell, i'm surprised we didn't have these before our chores.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Kateri only comprehended a few of the words. Mission and fire relic, being it. She sat there at bit uneasy...the three of them? Going on a mission? Yeah... Just about had disaster written all over it...

Kateri

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

"Roger, First off let me explain why you three have been chosen as a team. Air, Fire and Water are the elements of creation. Without these three elements life could not progress or exist. You three represent those elements... On this mission, and the subsequent missions after. You three most likely will be working together from here on out. Get used to each other. I'm not telling you to like each other, but it would be in yours and everyone elses best interest if you at least got along as a team.

That being said, In three days, the three of you will be flying out of here. In between now, and then, you can train or do your own research. I would expect at least some training as, two of you, have not come up against a level 4 enlightened."
Moyeen looks at Aaron and nods with respect. He had recieved the back brief from Agent Love, shortly after their fight. Director Moyeen turned on the screens and a a slide of a map popped up.

"You'll be flying into Panama City on August 3rd. From Panama City you'll be flying into here and let off at a small cove. Your Target Location will be approximately 14 miles inland from this point."
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9b2ebb65d381576fd69a8a1c4917dbfa/tumblr_mrorh7SjTm1sf2944o3_1280.jpg

"You're target location is an old Jesuit Mission in south West Colombia,. This Jesuit mission is home to two tomes, that are suspected to have guidance to the location of the Fire Relic Temple. It has been taken by a Drug Cartel Leader known simply as code name "Guerra". CANIS UK has garnered intel from the inside, that this drug cartel is in league with the Horseman War. Unfortunately this agent is presumed captured and in danger. You will take this mission with caution."

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f6caa5dfeab7484a02898c70f0f1d6b1/tumblr_mrorh7SjTm1sf2944o1_1280.jpg

Director Moyeen pulls up another slide, "Here are your mission objectives. Rather straight forward... Must have been a new agent at CANIS UK that set this brief up.. Anyways, here is information on Codename Guerra"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e45fcaf3de43f8cb910f50b27648f325/tumblr_mrorh7SjTm1sf2944o4_1280.jpg

"Codename Guerra, is a level 4 enlightened, Physical type. Much like Agent War and Agent Love. Three of you should have no real issue dealing with the one level 4. Do not, I repeat, do not go after Guerra alone. He has a penchant for firearms and our intel states he is incredibly fast. His commanding presense and charisma has him leading 20 plus armed mundanes. Approach with caution."

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e9a468dd91b60605bd865754b0edcce3/tumblr_mrorh7SjTm1sf2944o2_1280.jpg

"This is the last known image of Agent codename Lupita, She was sent to garner intel and infiltrate the organization, but we have not received a report in over a week. She is strong willed and will not succumb to torture of any kind... She may be seriously injured. These images were the last images sent from that region. Assume she's alive, but either way bring back her body to CANIS HQ GA."

Director Moyeen pauses for a minute and allows them to view the slides. "You all have packs and provisions and equipment that have been placed into your rooms. You will be fully equipped to handle the terrain."

OOC: Ropes, boots, and a new ration developed by Merle. Enough supplies for 3 days apart from your clothes.

Director Moyeen scans the room and opens the floor, "Any Questions?"

-GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Kateri did nothing but stare at the slides. Had she seriously agreed to this? What had she been thinking! There was no way she could so this type of thing! But she kept all her wayward, insecure thoughts to herself, for the time being. It was almost too much information for her to take in...

Kateri

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Ethan's mind was working a mile a minute trying to process all of the information the Director had given them. It looks like Ethan would be used for much more than a medic in this organization and what he learned from his father, tactically, would be use to great advantage in a mission like this.

"First thing's first sir, I noticed that you said it would be 14 miles inland until we reach the compound. Do we have any infill or exfill vehicles on standby? How do we signal extraction? What time is the op to take place? What kind of weaponry, besides our talents, will we be given? Next, What kind of fortifications does this place have? Do we have blueprints, topographical and geological survey maps? Also, what kind of waterways are near the target? How do they receive their water and electricity, through wells and generators? Furthermore, are these 20 mundanes innocents that have been enthralled or are they thugs that threw in with a tyrant? How does his command presence work; touch, sight, vocal?"

Ethan knew that he was berating the Director with questions, but he was also sure that the Director could answer every one of them, or point him in the right direction. He wasn't very confident that this team was ready for this kind of mission, but he guessed that the training scenarios would help them out with that.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Director Moyeen looks at Ethan and smiles, Your father would be proud at the things you remember... One day i'll have to take you to see him...
"Hold your horses there good Doctor. These aren't the only droids you'll be working with. Any questions from you Aaron. I would rather answer everything up front, before i introduce our guest."

- GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Aaron had been about to open his mouth, but Ethan had broke in with his barrage of questions. Aaron stared at Ethan in mild shock right up until Moyeen had addressed him. Turning to look at the man, he could only really think of a few questions, which Ethan hadn't gone near but were still important.

"What's the policy on dealing with these..." he gestured vaguely with his bandaged hand "... 'mundanes' as you call them... Do we kill them, or what?"

~Aaron

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Director Moyeen looks at Aaron with a slight approving nod, "As Per your Rules of Engagement, that I can answer, If a weapon is pointed at you, use the force necessary to move beyond. There are women and children here, that are innocent. Part of the Horseman War's as well as his compatriots, for example Guerra... Is to use the local woman and children in the processing of the drugs. And well, dispose of them, when they become a liability. We do not have enough intel to be able to tell you whether or not the 20+ mundane... I would garner to guess.. most aren't innocent. Use your best judgement to keep the three of you safe. As per the myriad of questions that were asked by the Doctor over there... I believe our guest will be more able to answer." there's a slight pause then Director Moyeen calls to the door, "Mack, it's time for your part."

As Director Moyeen called the man, and stepped back, in enters a short, squat, heavily built, and heavily scarred face individual, in black slacks and a white button down. He looked mildly out of place in the suit but it fit him well.

"The name's Major Michael Emory Macintosh, you can call me Mack. Do not call me sir, do not call me michael, and for Dang sure, don't call me Emory. It's simply Mack. I'm in charge of getting you in, out, and through this mission safely. The Mundane's for the most part.. That's my and my team's job to deal with. We will Start off together, my team leading point. We will be leaving out on the 3rd via bird and hitting Panama City. That is currently where the rest of my team is waiting. They are establishing vehicular extraction from point. It looks to be a river that leads up 9 miles in. Just a short 5 mile trek after that. My team will take care of any in the employ of Senor Guerra. We will all be in contact via throat mic." Mack looks down in front of kateri and points to that device. "It's worn around your neck and can sense the vibrations in your throat from even a whisper and transfer it to the other devices. Merle has added a special feature where the sounds go straight to your inner ear. No way to intercept." Mack gives an unnerving smile.


He points to another map that has shown up on the imagery. You will set up over watch approximately half a mile away in the wood-line to the south west of the compound. You will wait there until dusk. We will signal you over the mic, and the mission will begin promptly after you hear the second "Tango Down". At all costs, you are to not interact with and or engage the mundane and innocent civilians at this site unless in direct danger. My team will appropriately neutralize the threats as we see them."

Mack pulls out a special looking round out of his pocket and holds it up for everyone to see. It has a flowered tip and a longer casing. "Inside this baby, is a powerful sleep agent. It'll give you 2 hours to accomplish your mission. You may have only a few mundane's on the inside to deal with. Guerra doesn't like having personal security. His main concern is the physical. Most of them will be located at guard posts and locations along the way. The main compound, looks to be three floors, the tomes you are looking for would most likely be closer to the center of the compound, IN the cloister library. The monks were very good at hiding things in plain sight. After retrieving said tomes, quickly move towards the rear of the compound, and head down into the catacombs. Though the building seems large, historically speaking the order wasn't. The catacombs underneath are straight forward. Somewhere down there, hopefully alive, is Agent codename Lupita. You will grab her, and quickly exfiltrate the building. I will have two team members stationed as rear security at the front of the Mission that you can drop her off... Hopefully we can do this without Alerting Guerra to give you the time you need.

I have no intel on Guerra, apart what was given to you in the brief. I will however be here for the next few days to help run Simulation training, teach you how to climb and how to react to contact. We're going to work with your abilities alot over the next few days. I would suggest getting a quick bite to eat, and a change into more... Jungle tactical clothing.... I will see you in the Training room in 1 hour Kateri and Ethan. Aaron, i believe Director Moyeen has more to say to you after this is all over." Mack nods his head and promptly walks out.

Director Moyeen takes the lead again, "Most of your questions and training can be answered by him, Kateri and Ethan go grab a bite, and head to the training room. The fun begins now. Aaron... If you don't mind. I have information for you."

- GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

As Moyeen described their rules on dealing with people in the field, he realised that this group was hardly a humanitarian group, but they didn't want him going ballistic with his power. Then the Mack fellow walked in. Aaron watched the other short man as he rattled off the information for how the mission would go down. In short, he didn't like him.

After he had finished however, Moyeen took over again, and commented that he wanted to speak to him, which caused him to glance around the room briefly, before shrugging a little.

~Aaron

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Kateri listened. The best she could, trying to understand, comprehend…which most she could. Thankfully, they were going to be going in all on their own, having help getting in and out.  She glanced over at Ethan, they had already planned on meeting in the training room anyways. “But I just ate…” her tone incredulous. She let her hand fall onto the table, the palm hitting quite loudly, “Jungle tactical clothes? What the heck is that!?” Kateri scoffed and leaned back in the chair, her arms crossed over her chest. “ What’s wrong with my clothes…” She muttered under her breath.

Kateri

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Director Moyeen turns to her, "He wasn't specifically talking to you, about your clothing Kateri. It was an in general statement."

- GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Ethan hid his surprise well when his uncle Mack walked into the room. The burly man was of no blood relation, but he was family all the same. He had served in many missions with Ethan's father and a lot of what Ethan had learned of military tactics came from games his uncle Mack would play with him and his sister on camping trips and special "missions" in their backyard. Ethan hadn't seen Mack since his father's funeral, but he was glad the old bastard was still alive and kicking.

He quietly listened to the details of the briefing and when everyone was released he quickly left the room towards the training room in hopes of catching Mack in the hallway.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Kateri felt a bit chastised, she hadn’t thought the words had been spoken load enough to be heard. Standing, she mumbled a quick apology, gathered her ‘toys’ and headed out the door.

Kateri

Re: CANIS HQ Director Moyeen's Office/ Briefing Room

Before she exits the room, Director Moyeen touches her shoulder, "I was being serious, he wasn't referring to you. Don't take things to hard here. We just take these things seriously for your safety. I can't personally promise your safety, but if you listen to Mack during this training. I can guarantee you'll be better off. If you ever need anything, let me or the Agents know. I'm sorry if it seemed harsh. Good luck in training today."

-GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down