Topic: I'm too cool for "Member" to be my tag.

This is civil protest to my "member" status, I'm much too awesome and interesting to have such a base descriptor. I demand it be changed at once!

~Aidan

Last edited by Aidan Fal (2010-09-11 06:28:57)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: I'm too cool for "Member" to be my tag.

Be careful what you wish for?

(Realising that adding an extra 6 to your post count would do what it did before changing the title would have given something kewl - mini debil - but it'd be worthless after one post...)

Heyyy... Panda isn't on the list! But I can dig it! Any other suggestions?

Also, can I get that awesome Panda/GM add-on?

Last edited by Aidan Fal (2010-09-11 16:57:08)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

...what addon? o.0

Euan Reid wrote:

...what addon? o.0

Oh this was mostly on the assumption that GMs got a little thing under their name. Besides all that other cool stuff. Hehe.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh boy, Panda hasn't been so cool in my book since one of my professors sent out a worksheet in which he described himself as "a pretty panda" ...yeah, I and my g/f at the time exchanged an awkward look over that one.

But still, I wouldn't mess with a panda, so props for that!

~Robert

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've voted.

I think it's great what you're doing, Aidan, standing up for your rights like this. Go you, in all your delirium.

~Deb (most sincerely)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh no, we've opened the floodgates. Just because we gave Jason a title, now everyone's going to want one. It's like a fly in the soup of Phoenix Roleplaying.

Alright, let's let democracy do its thing...

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hm... Perhaps we could take this idea for a spin and turn it into a vote for a line-up of "titles" based on term of ongoing membership (which I believe would be correlated to the number of posts a person makes based on Euan's comment) - i.e. "Big Damn Hero" could be the highest category, "Petty Thief" could be the lowest, and perhaps "War Veteran" could be an intermediate category?

~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just think it adds a bit of personality along side your name.

IE. Ash Plom - The Monk. Heh

As long as it's not a bother. As far as I know, updating everyone's title is a manual activity, meaning that Euan would have to keep track of everyone's post numbers individually. Sounds daunting, perhaps based on accolades of which SIM they show the most promise/posting in, that's what the title should reflect for that member. It reminds me of the rewards on AJJE.

Euan Reid - Fearless Leader (With the power of "Shaddap a' your mouth!" ~Boris)

Ash Plom - Priest of Multiplicity (Commenting positively in EVERY forum, every day, without fail. Spreading the good word!)

Deborah Plom - Countess of Good Times (Always upbeat, and with a high par excellence for role-playing.)

Robert Longtin - Master and Commander of Democracy (Unbiased and just in his determination of fair proceedings. In hopes that this flies and I get a cool title.)

The more people that post and vote, the more titles I will suggest for everyone else!

"THERE WAS A (TITLE) FIGHT!!!' ~Smecker

~Aidan, Panda of Legend

Last edited by Aidan Fal (2010-09-12 18:04:45)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Paul Baker - 'Fly in the ointment'. Always lookin' to upset some folk!!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think this is brilliant ... of course, if we have a big damn hero, does that also necessitate some medium-sized and small damn heroes as well ... or possibly some big blessed heroes (Ash?) and other less heroic nomenclatures.

~ Nick

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ps - I'd like to keep my title, thanks.  I'm enjoying being a General  big_smile
~ Nick

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like Nick being a General too. General Nick is so much catchier than Other Nick.

I really do want to be that moniker Aidan's suggested for me - in fact I'd be willing to pay for such a title.

Come on people! Vote!

Deborah
Countess of Good Times
(I can use it here if nowhere else...)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh no! Not intent on taking my name, he now outranks me as well. Damn you, Nick!  big_smile

~Capt. Nick

~Dovie'andi se tovya sagain~

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nick Palmer - The One True Nick and Savior of Money.

Last edited by Aidan Fal (2010-09-13 15:29:06)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ha ha ... revenge is mine, mine I tells you .... Muahahahahaha ... etc etc

~ General Nick
(also voting for Debs to be the Countess of Good Times)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can I be Admiral Krista?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can set it for posts easy enough. It's just customy stuff like...uh...saying what gorram job folk have that requires manual intervention smile As to not one from the poll, well, I didn't see it when I changed it >.> Once you've had enough of the votingness, I'll make it the winner.

You heard him, folks! This is the time to get everyone you know on the site to vote for my title. This promises to be a polling event to rival the presidential primaries!

IMPORTANT!

~ Aidan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Feel like putting a finish time on it? smile

I like Panda.

But I guess I'll vote... No, on second thought, I won't vote on this thread. 'Tis a silly thread.

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jason Andersen wrote:

I like Panda.

But I guess I'll vote... No, on second thought, I won't vote on this thread. 'Tis a silly thread.

LMAO "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place." Great reference!

~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just realized that my descriptor does have an awkward ring to it. But don't change it, I like awkward!

-Mischa, Ruler of hives. I mean hvyes.

Last edited by Mischa Brendel (2010-09-14 07:53:02)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Don't annoy Mischa, you might get attacked by hives. Hyves.