Topic: Posting System Situation

Hey folks,

Negotiations between ourselves and DDC had been progressing along, with occasional minor hitches, for a while, but we've eventually reached a point where it's become clear we're not going to come to an accord - DDC wanted a "company and client contract", but felt we wanted "a partnership". Unfortunately, this has resulted in negotiations being dropped.

We do, however, intend to remain affiliated with DDC - the link's temporarily vanished from the top bar, since they're having some problems with other folk using the name DDC Games. Once they're back in action, we'll get a new link up to whatever the new name turns out to be, and will still be able to help test the exciting desktop games they're looking to develop smile

Since we're wanting a different system to a traditional forum (at least, that's the impression I got from the poll - if Robert decides to run another one then we can wait till that's finished), I'll be putting together a team in the next couple days to work on it. The intention is for it to be our own system, custom made by us, to do what we want and need it to do.

-Euan

Re: Posting System Situation

Thanks for the heads up, Euan.

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yep - many thanks, Euan - good work!
~ Nick

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks Euan, looking forward to the future plans.

Deb

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks Euan!
(As was expected...)

Krista

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looking forward to seeing what the team come up with.

Krista pointed out to me that a multi-format group would be the superlative kind of awesome, so we could have post-and-reply, forum, and other places to RP all in one site.

Ash

Last edited by Ash Leighton Plom (2010-09-15 13:29:48)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds very interesting. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you for the update.

Interesting, a multi-format group? Perhaps it could all be done in post-and-reply, but with the option of viewing it in the other styles? Might be interesting...

~Robert

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think that'd be most ideal, yeah; to provide a certain number of sims and have them viewable/playable through different formats. Rather than have a surfeit of redundant sims all the same but playing different ways. If that makes sense?

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think it's time we take this forwards. Euan, can you please open a new thread summarising our plans as they stand, and we can get started developing ideas through discussion.

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

New thread created - everyone please comment, suggest, criticise and generally help make something epic.

-Euan