Topic: Pilot Integration - Angel

(OOC) This is RP interaction between Angel, 'Hephaestus' Pilot, and Gunny Skullette.

-GM

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Pilot Integration - Angel

Skullette sat at the table in the pilot's mess hall. She was dressed in her usual grey tank and black pants, with twin holsters under each arm. A black patch covered one eye that was still regrowing after the last deployment. It didnt bother her much. A bioelectric scroll was opened in the air in front of her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Breaking in new squad members was her least favorite job. Most would cease to exist within the first month. She'd drag their empty suit back to the drop ship and wait for someone new to fill it. Speaking of which, this file said Sophia 'Angel' Law a Sagittarian terrorist. Cute name for a terrorist. Well that was something to start off with... Last thing she needed was a true believer in the squad.
-Skullete

Angel enters through one of the doorways into the hall and heads towards the line.  She moves with an economy of purpose, not engaging with anyone around her, but she is obviously alert to her surroundings.  Once she has her food - slopped unceremoniously onto the tray by an attendant Angel barely even makes eye contact with - she heads over to a table and sits down, still managing to be alone in the crowded room.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Skullette looked over at the pilot. Apparently the girl didn't get the memo. Skullette nodded to two overly muscled and frighteningly hairless men, that walked over to Angel's table, picked up her tray and motioned for her to walk over to where Skullette was sitting. She nodded to the woman to have a seat.

"Tell me about your revolution, mija. Tell me why you got locked up on this burning coal in hell instead of them just punching your ticket."

-Skullette

Angel looks up at the interruption, but doesn't immediately react beyond curiosity.  She accepts the wordless instruction and walks over to the other woman's table, pausing to glance at the two men before taking the indicated seat.  When she speaks, her voice is calm and level, her accent hinting at the kind of education only a great deal of money would buy.

"You have my file.  You know as much about 'my revolution' as I do.  I am here because someone thought that the idea of my damnation would satisfy the public better than my death."

She stops there, watching for a reaction and waiting for the next question.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Has it? You know they make me read a lot of stuff here. I've seen enough a lot of folks that all these files dont mean a hill of beans towards. You tell me. Your medical report says you are suffering some memory loss. So let me know, who are you piloting for? Cause this ain't somebody's personal crusade. We blow things up cause we get paid to do it. We don't ask questions beside 'Where are they?'. Are you gonna have a problem with that?"
-Skullette

Angel lets Skullette's words roll on until she is done, then she takes a moment to consider her reply.

"I have no recollection of my past before my arrest.  Even the name on that paperwork is a fiction.  If you want my skills on your team, you will have them.  If something triggers the return of my memories, I can promise little because I do not know what would return.  But that's what the kill-switch is for, isn't it?"

"I have no past.  I want a future.  I am aware that I am going to have to struggle to secure one."

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Skullette gave an uncharacteristic sympathetic look to Angel. She knew what it was like to have your life screwed over by those in power. She could imagine what that would be like and to have no idea why it happened to you and even what it was about. She could figure out that frustration.

"The squad can give you that future if you want. Most folks don't make it to paying off their freedom, but its a life with hope, which is more than you will get on this rock. So if you can follow orders and watch you teammates backs, you can struggle with us for that future. If that sounds good. Welcome to Epsilon23."

She extended her hand to Angel to formalize her acceptance to the team if she wanted it.

-Skullette

Angel looks at the hand for a moment before taking and shaking it.

"Thank you.  I have a question.  The bronco teams undertake actions which, if they were performed by civilians, would in some cases result in members being sentenced to Earth of their crimes.  How does that interact with us buying our freedom?"

Thumbs up Thumbs down