Topic: The Morgue - Primary Suit Operations

All suits live in the Morgue. When not being operated on, serviced, on operation, etc. they are kept in nutrient stasis pods. The monitors connected to the pods permit interaction with the suit entities.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2943/15397718886_171e8a17fa_b.jpg

Above each station there is a friendly reminder, as well as hanging over the lift to the Docks.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3929/15234216259_458079ab6d_b.jpg

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Morgue - Primary Suit Operations

Faust stood next to a covered suit chamber labeled "Orpheus Alpha", only an eye slit was visible. He seemed like he was talking to himself as he typed on a palm pilot making preparations for the upcoming mission. "Now they will see what a real predator can do my lovlies..." he said as he smiled towards the eyeslit. Small scrapes could be heard as the Orpheus moved slightly within the chamber and issued it's own rumble of telepathic laughter.

Last edited by lance_valient01 (2014-10-03 15:52:31)

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ellery Wilson had been leading Skullette's suiting team for several years. Upon recieving the signal from Skullette, she got her crew preparing the suit for wearing. That often involved waking it up and making sure its vitals were solid and it's interface was within acceptable parameters. Two other women were trying to lighten their sentence on Earth by helping out in getting Skullette geared up. A standard three person crew.

Skullette walked in along with the other pilots. She gave Ellery a nod and started unfastening her belt. Skullette tended to forgo the neoprene interface underliner that all pilot's were issued. If there was one thing that four years of piloting a bronco taught her it was the suit liked to be on you. She slid her pants off and stripped her shirt off so she had a maximum of skin available to interface with the suit. She had given up the modesty of the interface mesh underliner some while ago. She didn't pilot naked, some deviants went that far, but if something happened to her suit, she wasn't quite comfortable being dumped out on the streets of a bombed out city with nothing to cover her. The thin briefs and halter top along with her tactical belt were about it though.

She handed her personal effects to Ellery with a smile and stepped into the wading section of the tank. The fluids were warm and seemed to lap at her ankles with a life of its own. Like she had done so many times before, she stood with her arms out to her side and waited for the front section of the suit to rise up form the tank. Her technicians watched to make sure the alignment was on track so she would just lean up to the chest piece, and with that the sudden awareness of the AI was in her head.

Diana, as the suit AI liked to refer to itself, greeted her as the psionic linkage calibrated. The suit secreted a soft gel that molded to the contours of Skullette's body. It was warm and soft, like cuddling with an ultra-fleece blanket. In truth there were few sensations quite as comforting to Skullete than feeling her suit wrap around her. The dorsal plates rose from the tank and lined up with the front section. It's seams sealed up as the bio-mechanical fibers stitched themselves together in a bond that could take the brunt of most explosive ordinance. Skullette let herself go, feeling the tingling sensations of the suit coming in contact with her skin. The technical crew attached the last of the hoses and patches that bonded pilot and suit and stepped back as it whole system came on line. 

As the helmet dropped into place, Skullete's vision became absorbed in the heads up display Diana filled with diagnostic data, suit stores and the data feeds for the rest of the team that were not yet on line. Skullete made the mental action to step forward, and the Zeus responded. A black and green suit of impregnable armor stepped from the tank and made its way into the staging area.

=Alright folks. Lets put em on and move out!= she spoke into the com system that also played on the external speakers.

-Skullete

Mirabella heard Skullete's orders and rushed to where her new suit awaited. Nodding to her team that she barely knew she was out of her clothes and preparing to meet her new suit

"Alright time get acquainted" She whispered under her breath as the new suit came to greet her...

-Grim Reapress

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ironette wrote:

Mirabella heard Skullete's orders and rushed to where her new suit awaited. Nodding to her team that she barely knew she was out of her clothes and preparing to meet her new suit

"Alright time get acquainted" She whispered under her breath as the new suit came to greet her...

-Grim Reapress

The feeling of being wrapped up was a familiar sensation, as was the initial impression of a presence in her mind.

Ah, what's this? A new pilot? Magnificent! And a female? Even better! Hello there Hippolyte. You can call me...Jack.

-GM

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lukas wasted no time, and stripped down to his shorts. If something took out his Hades, than there wouldn't be much left of him as a person. [Wake up Sworty] He thought as he entered the tank to get into the Suit.

Armored with faith, armed with knowledge, blessed with wrath.
Jennifer Roth-Mud&Mercs|Felix Winter-Wing Commander|Jochen Baumann-Covert-81|Neera Anzari-Area 88 Waving Wings|Eric O'brien-Area 88 Crimson Skies|Torsten Winkler-Rainbow Six

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mira grinned as the new AI introduced itself

"Hallo Jack, you can call me Mira. Pleasure to meet you"

Mira's smile continued as she felt the Ares form around her and begin fitting itself. It was different from the Hades. Somehow she felt more at home inside the new suit. When the fitting was complete and the skull was displayed on her helmet she stretched her arms and said

"Reapress ready to roll on out"

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spart wrote:

Lukas wasted no time, and stripped down to his shorts. If something took out his Hades, than there wouldn't be much left of him as a person. [Wake up Sworty] He thought as he entered the tank to get into the Suit.

As the suit meshes and closes around Lukas, a very heavily accented female voice fills his head, and he feels as if he is crushed to a rather large bosom in a maternal hug. Alright, alright, alright. And what has my dear boy been up to?

-GM

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We have work, and no one wanted to tell me how we get onto this stupid rock to grab the package, so do you know more than me ... again. Lukas checked all the displays and slowly did the basic motions to check fuctionality.

Jennifer Roth-Mud&Mercs|Felix Winter-Wing Commander|Jochen Baumann-Covert-81|Neera Anzari-Area 88 Waving Wings|Eric O'brien-Area 88 Crimson Skies|Torsten Winkler-Rainbow Six

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spart wrote:

We have work, and no one wanted to tell me how we get onto this stupid rock to grab the package, so do you know more than me ... again. Lukas checked all the displays and slowly did the basic motions to check functionality.

Patience, boy. There is a reason you humans work with a Chain of Command. I realize your history with them is less than satisfactory, but let's see what happens.

-GM

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In the end, you eat the bullets, not me ... hopefully Lukas shot back, i hope there is nothing more on your let's-see-what-happens-list.

=Lumberjack ready.= Lukas reported over the comms.

-Lukas

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Faust stripped out of his suit to reveal that he was wearing the Orpheus intra-suit underneath; he had been waiting for this moment for quite some time.

When the capsule opens it is the first time anyone besides Faust and a select few scientists have seen the powersuit. It is a tall and sleek machine with plenty of sharp points and a sinister smile is spread across the faceplate. The chest opens and becons it's creator. Faust smiles and enters; a feeling akin to putting on surgical gloves before one of his favorite procedures. He smiles as the suit closes around him, and mentally greets her, "Hello, Lovely. Are you ready to play?"

Last edited by lance_valient01 (2014-10-03 22:26:33)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As Mira walked along listening to the team gear up she asked found herself seeking the companionship of her AI

So Jack, you have a loadout suggestion? Because this is my first time doing this...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gideon undressed down to the black mesh undersuit and entered his tank.  He held out his arms and let the pitch-black Hermes suit begin to wrap around him.  He was eager to hear the familiar voice of Dante, his AI.

As soon as the telepathic link was secure, Gideon began communicating with Dante.Okay, Dant, let's go through the usual routine, cycle through all the visual filters and zoom levels, then move on the health diagnostics.  Skip the psych evaluation though, I know I'm stressed.

Just as Gideon was getting used to the warm feeling enveloping him, his helmet was lowered down.  Immediately, the heads up displayed flickered between normal, infrared, night vision, and a few others, all at different magnifications before settling on the default display.

Dante whistled as he ran the Gideon's desired tests.  Stressed? You only complain about that when you've been the center of attention.  But I sense something else on your mind.

Gideon brought up his memories from the briefing room and his thoughts during his walk to the Morgue, letting Dante experience them for himself.  While he was thinking, Gideon went through his ritual stretches, first flexing the fingers, then wrists, arms, shoulders, and so forth until each joint had gone through its range of motions.  Blood pressures falling, Gideon.  They are reaching normal levels now.

=Gideon ready= he announced.

Last edited by JeffMill (2014-10-04 08:03:21)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Miguel had been standing silently in front of his tank this whole time, however he wasn't doing nothing. The Psychic readout for the Ares suit was rocketing up, almost like the two were yelling. It continued on and on, until it suddenly dropped down normal levels. Then, and only then did Miguel set about the process of entering the suit, choosing to enter fully clothed.

As the suit warped and melded around him, he commented to the suit. What do you reckon about muchacha de la cabeza? She's muy bien, no? he asked with a laugh.

~Miguel

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Angel walks into the room, and she can already feel the presence of her suit in her mind.  Some of the others are already powered up.

Diana online.  Systems normal.  Pilot stauts: calibrating
Jack online.  Systems normal.  Pilot status: calibrating

In her head, the male voice gives his report as Angel strips out of her outer clothing.  Beneath she is wearing a pair of small shorts and a vest top which reveals the tattoo on her arm and the tips of another pair of wings just about visible at the top of her shoulder blades.  There is a technician at the station, but Angel pays him little mind.  Armael is about the only creature on the planet, in the galaxy she actually trusts.  The technician overseeing the process is a mere formality by comparison with that.

Sworty online.  Systems normal.  Pilot status: calibrating

Angel steps into the nutrient tank, and waits for Armael to rise up to meet her.  Soon she is encased in the warm, welcoming embrace and Armael's voice comes clear through to her.

"Armael online.  Systems normal.  Pilot status: troubled.  What is wrong, child?"

Angel smiles faintly as the HUD flickers into life in front of her eyes.  "Something Skullette said - Diana's pilot," she says, checking the names on her HUD.  "There is no bounty for killing civilians on this mission.  Which implies that there will be on another."  She starts going through the powerup routine as she speaks, checking movement and HUD functionality.

"You are troubled by killing?  We are warriors, child.  Even you and I."  Armael's voice is calm and reassuring, much like his embrace.

"Today we are.  Tomorrow, the day after?  Someone will offer enough to make us murders."  She breathes deeply and sighs.  "I guess I had been trying to forget that is what I already am."

Armael does not reply.

=Angel online= she says across the comms as she steps over toward Diana's towering form.

Last edited by Dainul (2014-10-04 05:33:39)

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

when Tavarian enters the morgue he finds everyone suited up all ready. he goes straight to his suit. as he approaches it he slides, his shirt off. karen comes up to meet when he steps into the nutrition tank." all right karen, lets get suited up."

Last edited by Tim Campbell (2014-10-05 00:23:52)

Destiny is a freight train rolling along on a set course that only the conductor knows. When we get to the railroad crossing in our car, we can choose to stop and wait for the train to pass us by, or try to pull out in front of it and beat that bad boy across. That choice is our free will. If it's our destiny to be hit by the train, we will be hit by the train. The only thing we can change is how the train turns us into a hamburger.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ironette wrote:

As Mira walked along listening to the team gear up she asked found herself seeking the companionship of her AI

So Jack, you have a loadout suggestion? Because this is my first time doing this...

Oh, I have a multitude of suggestions but after going over our mission upload, I would recommend a good blade or two. I have configured our left arm with a flamethrower, but a back up pistol would complement the assault rifle quite nice.

-GM

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spart wrote:

In the end, you eat the bullets, not me ... hopefully Lukas shot back, i hope there is nothing more on your let's-see-what-happens-list.

=Lumberjack ready.= Lukas reported over the comms.

-Lukas

Lukas feels a slight pinch on his side, and a noticeable feeling of disapproval. Now let's not be snarky. Yes, I can take a round or 3200, but let's keep that to a minimum. Oh, how nice. Using the auto-cannon again.

-GM

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tim Campbell wrote:

when Tavarian enters the morgue he finds everyone suited up all ready. he goes straight to his suit. as he approaches it he slides, his shirt off. karen comes up to meet when he steps into the nutrition tank." all right karen, lets get suited up."

Karen, his Lead Technician nods her head as the suit cycles open. The familiar feeling of absolute awareness surrounds Tavairan, awakening his Phoenix persona. As the helmet secures, multiple icons populate his vision and a voice fills his head.

Here we go, Birdman! Wings, check. Napalm, In lockdown but ready. L-O-S intercept, check. Let's play!

-GM

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I'll take two pistols. One can nee go wrong with an even number! Also for blades I've got a couple of ideas. Perhaps a broadsword, machete and a combat knife?

Mira hummed a little as the heads up display showed her her weapons

-Grim Reapress

Last edited by Ironette (2014-10-05 02:30:48)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ironette wrote:

I think I'll take two pistols. One can nee go wrong with an even number! Also for blades I've got a couple of ideas. Perhaps a broadsword, machete and a combat knife?

Mira hummed a little as the heads up display showed her her weapons

-Grim Reapress

A broadsword? Absolutely! That is an incredibly fantastic choice! But let us not forget that brace of weighted blades I can see you like. Ideal for close quarters combat. The  'Nest' would probably make a bit of a mess of the Target.

-Jack (GM)

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Why of course I'd take the blades sweetie, and I was looking forwards to using the nest... You've got a better idea though... I think I'll take it just incase you know?

-Grim Reapress

Thumbs up Thumbs down

By now you know better what i like then i know myself Sworty ...
Lukas checked the Displays, Visual modes and also the Armors color morphing, it looked light a giant chameleon going through all colores of the rainbow.
You know, the one Hermes pilot ... what was his name ? Gideon i think. Anyway, he brought up a good point, so we need some Granades, lots of them. Oh what else is on your shoppinglist of destruction?
Finished with the color morphing the suit became as grey as the hangar around.

-Lukas

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Check camoflauge, shields, drone diagnostics and boosters.Next, cycle the swarm through their different outputs, and check offensive capabilities. Link the other suits to the recon drone audio and visual HUDs.

"Seeing as how I've never been part of a squad, I have no callsign. I believe the usual ritual is for the team to pick the moniker. I await to earn mine. Orpheus is ready and operational."

Last edited by lance_valient01 (2014-10-05 16:39:52)

Thumbs up Thumbs down