Topic: [OOC] First and Last - The OOC Lounge and Bar

Though a single space, the ship's lounge is divided into three sections by a pair of heavily tinted glass panes, painted with the logos of the six squadrons which serve aboard the Majestic. Blue carpeting runs through all three, and the only entrance and exit is located through the center section.

The center space sports a scattering of metal tables and matching chairs, all bare silver to contrast with blue carpet. A small bar is located along the aft bulkhead, with a wide selection of beverages located in the cabinets behind and a few barstools set in front. Flanking the bar are a pair of large vidscreens, to keep the crew up to date on the latest in news or entertainment.

The side rooms are configured identically, each with a small vidscreen mounted above a shelf that runs along the bulkhead, giving occupants a place to rest drinks or possessions. The room to port has been set up with a pool table, while the room to starboard sports a pair of poker tables.

All around the room, characters here behave more like men and women from the 21st century sitting at home than military officers of the 27th century onboard a carrier.

[This thread is used for any OOC commentary and conversations you wish to have.]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: [OOC] First and Last - The OOC Lounge and Bar

Hey Tizona, you owe one AAR for the "A Charlie Foxtrot Venture" (unless I missed it in my log file).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Got to say that this is looking superb; I'm never seen a sim developed from launch so quickly.

Thanks, but mostly it was just a lot of copy paste from my MUSH logs of stuff I'd already written plus the half a month of dead time waiting to get it organized.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

An IRC channel has been set up for use as additional OOC communication or for some short and small roleplay sessions - mainly 2-3 character social scenes. See the Rules/FAQ/IRC thread for more details.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Wow.  I don't think I've used IRC in over 10 years.  I'll have to download a client at some point.

Actually, I wouldn't mind taking the combat system for a spin in a simulation session.  Not sure whn our timezones would align to allow that, though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome... though it will have to wait until I can finally get it finished.  Its been hard finding time to code it. We can do some social RP over IRC, though.  I've got some time tomorrow at 11-2 EST tomorrow (3-6 GMT).

Edit: RP on the IRC at 16 GMT/12 EST Monday.  FYI, it will be set in the Med Bay.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good RP, will continue it around 3 pm EST, 7 pm GMT on Friday.  Others can join in.  big_smile

Edit: Looks like the RP session is canceled... a new one will be happening tonight at 8 pm EDT/12 pm GMT on the IRC.

Edit2: good RP that. Posted the log.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Had fun! Sorry again about throwing around the NPCs. I did link them up thanks for creating a spot for the pilot, btw. I'm embarrassed because I had NAMED the character in my text editing app while I was asking you if it was OK to make one, and then managed to delete it before copying and pasting into the actual IRC.  roll

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nah, it's all good. Good job for a first timer by the way.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is this group still active? I just discovered it and would love to jump in, but it appears that the most recent posts were weeks ago...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yep, still active. I was holding off until several of members could post, but it's really looking like they aren't going to join in, at least not anytime soon. So I'll be making some adjustments story wise.

Go ahead and post an application.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Massive apologies for my absence, I've been pretty much out of commission for the last few weeks. My internet's been uncooperative, and to be even more helpful, your emails somehow ended up in my spam filter, Ice.

I don't have time for a proper post right now -- my internet's just come back on, but I've gotta go out -- I'll try to get something up later.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yuck. But at least your internet is back now. Thanks for the post.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I certainly will. However, I'll be in and out of internet contact over the next couple weeks, and will have to delay committing until September.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Glad to hear we aren't dead in space! I didn't want to monopolize the story, but I've been popping on every few days.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is this game still active?

I pm'ed Iceblade, he said that some of the MUSH players he was counting on fell through and things moved so slowly that he forgot to check on the game. I also told him we would love to still have him around- waiting on reply.

I don't think you've heard anything, have you?

I have not. I'll PM him again, to see what he would like to do. If I don't hear from by Monday, there'll be a decision.

Close it down.

Thumbs up Thumbs down