Re: LOA

Apologies for my delays in posting - had family going through a meltdown. I'm going to do what I can to catch up over the weekend, but plan on me being on LOA until Wednesday. It's hard to be creative when you're having to be someone's sole emotional support.
Maria

Totally understand.. Good luck and my prayers be with you Maria.
-Kevin

All right, I'm back. Going to start from the top and work my way to the bottom, so Silent bear with me on Covert 81.

Ironette would like to express her apologies that she probably won't be able to post this weekend as her building is being fumigated and she needs to clean out her entire apartment as a result.

- Silent Hunter

Thank you for the heads up sir!

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mlb38 wrote:

All right, I'm back. Going to start from the top and work my way to the bottom, so Silent bear with me on Covert 81.

OK, fully understand.

Hello all, Silent sends his apologies but believes he will not be able to post until the end of the week or so because of network issues

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for the tip...

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Plom's have said they shall be back about the first week in June.  smile

THAT, is wonderful news Misty...

- Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know.

Received an email from Silent this morning:
Hi Misty,

Due to major connection issues, I need to flag a LOA until further notice.

Peace,

Silent

Sorry, didn't mention that I'm back, although it may take me a day or two to catch up with things.

Thanks for letting people know we were due back Misty.  smile  And here we are!   

Looking forward to being home. big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Whoop!

So good to be back!

Looking over the threads, my last post (i.e. before this one) is currently showing as 25th December, wishing everyone a happy Christmas! Having just been at a Late May Bank Holiday barbecue earlier this week and out for a sunny picnic today under clear blue skies near the Devon Riviera, that's a little incongruous. :-/

I'm really sorry I didn't come back sooner! I work part time for Christian Aid, an aid and development charity rooted in the UK churches, and so Christmas season was actually a really busy time with work for me visiting churches and church groups and speaking on behalf of the world's poorest and advocating for people to give, act, and pray for practical solutions to extreme poverty and to challenge the unjust structures that keep the world's poorest poor.

I also work part time for the Church of England in East Devon (so, same problem there), and part time self-employed as a personal tutor. I think that back in December last year I had anticipated that the Christian Aid work and C of E work would drop off in January and I'd soon be back on Phoenix after that 'happy Christmas' post. But, if I recall, I picked up some new tutees in January who needed support, and so work actually didn't get as relaxed as I'd hoped at the start of the year.

End of term, Lent, and Easter was kind of busy with tuition and church work, then 15th to 21st May this year was Christian Aid Week, our big annual push for awareness and fundraising (£12 million given a year in the UK in that week alone to support our work among the poor and most marginalised), so March and April were busy preparing for that big week. Then May itself obviously had Christian Aid Week in it but also final essay and exam season for most of my tutees, so I was even more busy over the last two or three months than I was at the end of last year!

But finally I'm finishing with my current batch of tutees as their exams finish up, and I've got shedloads of Time Off In Lieu accrued from working so much over time with my other work recently, so I'm finally (FINALLY!!) able to leap back in to my beloved roleplaying with the BEST gang of simmers in the land. :-)

If I have permission from site admins to reopen the sims I SL/GM, I'll get in contact with players from those sims letting them know I'm back, apologising (lots), and getting things restarted.

Once again, sorry for my absence. I'm sorry to be flaky. I'm just really glad to be back on here and getting ready to play. :-)

Ash

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Welcome back, old friend.  Good to see you active again.

- Mike

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Welcome back both of you!

Welcome home, you wonderful Devonians smile

Soapy has asked me to post an LOA for him.

My Birthday Shenanigans begin tomorrow so I'll be away for a couple of days. Should be back Sunday, which is my birthday.  big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Prodigal Son returns to the fold!

That's right fools and foolettes, I have returned! The leg is still in a cast, and the pain is excessive, but at least they've stopped pumping me full of painkillers that stop me from thinking properly!

But yes, I'm back, etc etc

Miss me? wink

http://oi40.tinypic.com/t8uufd.jpg
"If you live in the UK, dial 999. If you live in the USA, dial 911. If you're from another country... SO SORRY."

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

But of course!

Yay!

Seems like we're getting the band back together at this rate... wink Welcome home!

I will be away from Monday to Thursday next week as I am on a trip.