Topic: The Dejarik Table: OOC Thread

Greeting's everyone. Post your question, comments and concerns here.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Dejarik Table: OOC Thread

Oops... I just posted a question on Star Wars time on the other page.  My bad.

Here's what I asked...

I take it we are mercs?  Would you please set up a topic for our characters to post bios?  Then we can try and figure out how we know each other.

I am not familiar with the SW timeline, is your date of 2BBY.  Can you elaborate a little so that I have an understanding?  Thank you ma'am!

Mike

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2018-07-03 00:57:23)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

To answer your questions in order. Yes, you're mercs.

the thread you originally posted in is, for that exact purpose.

2 BBY means, two years before battle of Yavin, the battle of Yavin was when Luke blew up the Death Star, so it is the time of Imperial Superiority. Galaxy is relatively at peace

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll pitch in what I can here: BBY in Star Wars means "Before the Battle of Yavin IV", i.e. the destruction of the first Death Star. It's used as a turning point in the Star Wars universe similar to the birth of Christ in Western Civilization, as the Rebel victory marked the beginning of the end for the Empire. In case you're interested, here is what's going on in the year in question: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/2_BBY/Legends

2 BBY means two years before that. The Empire is secretly finishing up the Death Star, the Rebels are growing in threat beyond a mere terrorist organization, etc.

We ARE mercenaries, bounty hunters, you name it. From what Ironette's told me rich people pay us lots of credits to show up and inflict property damage/murder/grievous bodily harm/mean words upon whoever or whatever has made them upset.

I have a question of my own, having seen Mr. Palmer's character post: Are we supposed to be using the Star Wars tabletop handbook to create these characters, or are we freestyling it? I was going to just use the format from Outbreak/Supernatural.

Last edited by FiftyFootAnt (2018-07-03 01:38:56)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Since, I've not used that Star Wars format. I'm going to let you guys Freestyle it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is my character okay as is?  If not, please advise and I'll make the necessary changes.

Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Backstory could use an update to fit the lore, looks good besides that

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I changed his DOB to reflect his age in 2BBY.  Need to add some flesh to the bones of the story, so that our characters can meet up and have at least one run under our belts.

Thoughts?

Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mikey boi, you ok with our characters' link? I put that the twins had hired you before for transport purposes a few times.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes sir, that works for me.  I also added a line for SilverRush's character, working with her on a minor contract with the Blackbirds.

Due to her command experience, I suggest Cyrenia be our captain, unless there is an NPC to fill that role.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2018-07-03 15:05:56)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cyrenia would, accept said command. Although it would be the first ship she's in charge of.

I apologize for the lack of hyperlinks on the gear, but most of them are from the Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars RPG and their aren't a lot of images for them available on the net.

Well except for Lupo, that's a custom job.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Both of Rekara's slug throwers are in the Star Wars  Wookipedia, or some such site name.  I don't know how to post a picture or a hyperlink, so I am at a loss on that topic... :-(

Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yo I just put hyperlinks in for the giggles, they're not actually that necessary.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's good info for those wishing to see the details.  The closest comparisons of Rekara's slug thrower weapons we know today would be a tricked-out .50 caliber Barrett sniper rifle and a .50 caliber Desert Eagle pistol.

Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah. Well, for hyperlinks you want to put

[url=thelinkyouwanttopointto] 

followed by the text, then

[/url] 

Last edited by FiftyFootAnt (2018-07-04 21:48:29)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Would you guys find an armory thread, helpful or necessary then?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Test

Outlander Rifle

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Test successful

Edit, also meet your Medic.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks Ant Man!  I learned something new today, and it ain't easy to teach an old dog new tricks.

How about inserting a character photo into the bio page?  How do you do that sir?  :-)

Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Use

[img]

followed by a hyperlink to the image in question, then close it with a

[/img]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I must have done something wrong, as it didn't post.  I left the picture Id up on Rehara's bio page so that you can see what I tried to do.  This is the pic I want to use for him.  Got it off Google.

Mike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Uh should I give you guys like a pair of paragraphs about the black birds? Would that be helpful?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hope everyone had a good Fourth of July, sorry no posts tonight have to work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah, I see the problem Mike. That's the image on your computer, a local file. You need a url for it on the web. Basically, find the picture online, and instead of saving it to your computer, right click the picture and select "Open Image In New Tab". Then copy the url at the top of that new tab and put THAT in between the img /img tags. It should give you something that starts with http and ends with something like ".jpg" or ".png".

Silver, I tried looking up the Blackbirds from Star Wars, got an awful lot of completely unrelated stuff. Where did you get them from?

Last edited by FiftyFootAnt (2018-07-05 13:37:10)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I copied the address, but it was a no-go.  Guess I'll have to find another picture to use.

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited by Mike Palmer (2018-07-05 17:41:26)

Thumbs up Thumbs down