Topic: Episode 1: Making Friends and Shooting People

Nar Shaddaa is known for a few things, crime, pollution and backstabbing Hutt gangsters, but to the soon to be crew of the Eliza Battle, all of that was just *Centaxday.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/swtor/images/d/d1/Nar_Shaddaa%27s_endless_cityscape.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110710083857

You all got the call, it was from your fixer. Rhoza Feldan, the Zabraki hadn't let you down before so you made your way to the Promenade, the safest place on Nar Shaddaa, safe being relative of course, but you knew as walked through the glitzy neon streets and passageways that you wouldn't be shot in the back by some tweaker hopped up on Spice.

You arrive at your destination. Docking Ring 1465, to find the viewing shutters closed and Rhoza sporting her trademark viscous grin.

"Glad you all could make it. I've got an... Interesting proposal for you. "

*The Coruscant Galactic Standard Calender, has five day weeks, and seven week months. Centaxday, is essentially Tuesday

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Hi, I'm from Detroit! (Yes it did suck)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Episode 1: Making Friends and Shooting People

Rekara made his way through the Promenade, enjoying the shrimp skewer he had bought from an old street vendor.  As he walked up to Docking Ring 1465, he saw Rhoza Feldan sitting on a large stone slab bearing the location ID.  It was good to see a familiar face, one whom he trusted as well, and he detached himself from the crowd in the street to approach her.  "Greeting Rhoza Feldan", he said with a crooked Mon Cal smile.  "I came as soon as I could".  He was apparently the first one to arrive, so he took a seat beside the fixer and began to watch for the others he knew must come.

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A pair of pale faces detached themselves from the passing crowds, the Duenn twins approaching as soon as they spotted their contact. Upon seeing Rekara, Caden waved cheerfully at the Calamarian. "Hey, it's that pilot guy! I wonder what he's doing here." Raisa shrugged. "Maybe he got called in too. I dunno about you sis, but I think it'd be nice to work with someone for this job."

As they walked up, Caden bowed in greeting to their contact and the pilot. "Feldan! Rek! Nice to see you guys here. Sorry about the delay, I may have gotten us slightly lost. Tried a new shortcut." Raisa nodded silently in greeting, shooting a curious and suspicious look at the closed shutters.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rekara smiled a Mon Cal smile and raised his hand in greeting.  "Good to see you two", he said calmly.  I wonder who else is attending this meeting, he thought to himself.  "Take yourselves a piece of this slab and tell me what you've been up to."

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cyrenia had been in the middle of a very interesting weapons convention and was looking at a Blastech RSKF-44 heavy blaster pistol, a weapon now strapped to her thigh in a heavy duty holster as she walked the steps up to docking ring 1465, hearing chatter on the inside she stepped in, raised an eyebrow and pointed her finger at each member of the group.

“Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang. Your rear security is terrible, I just got all of you. Suppose that’s why you needed me huh?”

She followed that with what passed for a warm smile with her, which looked like it could cool mustafar

-Cyrenia

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rekara was pleased to see the three others Rhoza had called together, as he had worked with all of them in one manner or another.  Each was competent and dependable, which spoke well for whatever it was they would be up to.  "Welcome Cyrenia", the Mon Cal said, "your charming ways of greeting compatriots haven't changed."  He looked at Rhoza to see if this was the last hired gun she was expecting.

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Always the charmer Cyrenia" Rhoza said as she dismounted the stone slab, and stepped to the group, shaking everyone's hands and getting them to form a circle around her. Taking out her datapad, she pushed a few characters on the screen, and answered a message.

"I have a job for you, it's a five card gig, and your fifth should be hear any minute, just messaged me that she's close, that's actually just her out there"

A similarly pale face walked up the steps, although this one was Arkanian and not Echani, a race more known for their scientists than warriors, though this woman certainly carried herself like a soldier, she was armored, but unarmed save for a heavy blaster pistol on her hip.

"Ki'ora, glad you could make it." Rhoza said as she gestured towards the newcomer.

"Rhoza! My favorite Zabraki" The Arkanian responded before getting a glimpse at the rest of the crew, giving Rekara a half salute and offering her fist to Cyrenia before bringing her attention to the twins Duenn.

"You two look... Familiar, have I operated on you before or do all Echani look the same?"

-GM

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" -Harry Callahan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Could have been one of those times we got- oof", Caden started to say with a grin before getting elbowed by his sister.

"Our people are difficult to discern for those unfamiliar with us," Raisa said evenly. "We've worked joint assignments before, but nothing that required more than three. For five to be called together..." She held her hands out wide in an inquisitive gesture. "Not that we would be adverse to laboring alongside familiar and welcome faces, but what exactly is it that you have in mind for us?"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"four ground troops and a pilot, that's a fireteam and air support." Cyrenia said as she bumped the fist of the Arkanian before reconsidering "Unless you're going to be joining us in the dirt Rekara" she added  before leaning up against the closed shutter and considering the team layout.

"So two killers, an engineer, a combat medic and a scout" she said as she tapped her hands on her pistol grip.

"Considering out training layout, I'm going to guess HVT, extraction or elimination, and it'll need to be fast"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Well now", Rekara said as he considered Cyrenia's statement, "I can provide you with the occasional long shot... nice and quiet like... should you need this accomplished.  Otherwise, I'll keep my focus on insertion and extraction... plus some well-placed ship fire as required... and the accumulation of frequent flyer miles between systems."  He looked at Cyrenia with a deadpan expression, and winked.

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rhoza Feldan waits for you to finish your theorizing Cyrenia before she taps the projector on her datapad and the outer rim moon of Sulon appears,

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/db/Sulon2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061105134526

"This is Sulon, a moon of Sollust, on the outside it looks like a thriving agricultural planet and... It is for the most part, but just underneath the surface Sulon Incorporated, a SoroSuub subsidiary, is doing weapons research, and we. Need you to extract a researcher, a Mr. Scella. A Duros weapons developer working on their new proprietary cooling system for a high rate of fire repeating blaster of which the *VX Sidewinder is the prototype.

My contact who, hired me to hire you wants him and the cooling system prototype and has provided floorplans to the underground complex. You all we need to enter, go down to level 5, retrieve the good Mr. Scella and get out before a long gunfight with security ensues and you all get killed."

She pauses for a moment and Ki'ora raises her hand before she resumes talking.

"I assume you're wondering how you'll get there.." She says as she hits the shutter release switch, revealing a ship on the landing pad. It's a MandalMotors Lancer class patrol ship, painted in black and gold, with a Twi'Lek girl painted on the nose and the name in Aurbesh reading.

Eliza Battle.

*The SoroSuub VX Sidewinder is a fast firing repeating blaster, due to it having six barrels. It's from the Fantasy Flight Games' Edge of the Empire game, and it's pretty cool

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As he listened to the mission description, Rekara knew this was no gig for amateurs.  When the shutters opened, the Mon Cal stood up as he scanned the sleek ship within the Docking Ring hanger.  If he could have whistled, he would have, for the small ship within had a fast, sassy air about her.  "Now that is one lovely little lady, Rhoza."  The snouts of ship's weaponry could be seen at the bow, and she no doubt has claws hidden away to thwart any challenges.

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As he listened to the description of the mission, Caden's normally cheerful face sobered up instantly. "I've never dealt with SoroSuub's system's directly, but I know I'd have to be on site before I can tell you what kinda windows I can get you with regards to access. I'll need to pick up some signal repeaters for you guys to drop off at regular intervals, unless you like the idea of going in without comms..." His voice trailed off as he saw their ship, and he whistled in admiration. "Now THAT, I can work with. Please tell me we get to keep her."

Ignoring her borderline drooling brother, Raisa turned to Cyrenia. "It'll be a while before we reach Sulon. Would you like to help plan our mission while we are en route?" She was hoping to be able to wait until she could look over the layout of the underground complex before starting in on details.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cyrenia's pursed lips formed into a full blown smile as she listened to the briefing, her blood started to pump just the tiniest bit more and she crossed her black, red, and orange armored arms. Listening to the engineer talk about the computer system she piped up. "They're less complex than the MerrSonn ones if you've ever hacked those, but they make up for it with their guards, automated or breathing."

She too wanted to see the floor plans, and see if any of her contacts knew the guard shifts, posts and garrison.

Hearing Raisa's query, she glanced over and nodded. "Sure yeah, i could use your help with tactical planning. We'll have to make some calls, you still have that personal cloaking device? If your brother can kill thermal tracking. we can get you in, open some doors for me so I can paint the walls red, provide a distraction so you and Ki'Ora there can get to the doctor and dose him with something so he's more cooperative. I assume that's why you're here of course Ki'ora"

Cyrenia paused for a moment.

"Well that's what I could think of off the top of my head, same as that job we did on... Worlport I think, we the gambler who hadn't paid his debts"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rekara continued to concentrate his attention of the newly revealed ship behind them in the hanger area, looking her up and down to take in every detail.  He wanted to get closer and see her up close and personal.  "As you humans say, let's go kick the tires", he said with a grin.

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"You're going to need these" Rhoza said as she tossed the ship's handheld access pad to Rekara and produced an additional datapad, which she handed to Raisa.

"That's the floorplans, they should be up to date. Sorry I don't have more"

She nods to you as a group

"Well, I have another team for another job in about 15, so I'll take my leave of you. Don't die out there"

And with that the suited Zabrak leaves you in the hangar with your starship and your plans.

"I suppose we should get a move on then" Ki'ora shrugs

GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rekara almost beamed with excitement as Rhoza handed him the access pad.  "I'll do my best to take good care of her, Rhoza", he said seriously.  Then he turned to Cyrenia and said with a Mon Cal smile, "Let's go check out the new girl in town."  He didn't wait to see what the others were doing, but immediately headed for the stern of the ship and her access hatch.  As he walked underneath the ship. his practiced eye looked closely at every panel and rivet, assessing the quality of her construction.

At the stern, Rekara used the access pad to drop the personnel ramp to allow the team entrance.  He headed for the bridge as soon as the ramp touched down, with an eye to check out her fittings and equipment.

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MandalMotors were well known for the durability and quality of their ships and the Eliza Battle is no exception to this rule. offensively, it's equipped with a pair of twin light laser cannons in the nose and in the dorsal turret, while the ventral bay houses a tractor beam generator.

The two massive drives on the side and the bank of smaller ones in the rear would make this ship rather quick you reckon, along with maneuverable.

GM

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Caden trailed behind the older Calamarian, his eyes raking over the new ship. "Lancer class... these babies come standard with a class 2 engine." Grinning, he patted the hull as he walked up the access ramp. "We'll outrun anything short of a Destroyer, maybe even them too if you give me some time with her." A ventral array caught his eye. "Guys, we got a tractor beam!"

Passing him silently, Raisa turned around once inside, taking in the cargo hold and surrounding rooms. It wasn't roomy, but there was space enough, with several side areas. We can do a lot with this.

Walking up behind her, Caden tapped her shoulder. "Yo, you wanna help me go over the engine?"

"Does the ship come with a cloaking device?"

He frowned. "Not that I'm aware of, it IS a Lancer though, for all I know there might be one squirreled away. I doubt it though. Why?"

Raisa gestured with the datapad containing the floor layout. "Because if it doesn't, then we'll need to do more than mess around with the engine." Striding forward, she walked up towards where she was pretty confident the bridge was located. "Rekara? I have a question to ask of you."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Girl's got some serious mojo, Rekara thought to himself.  From all he had seen so far, this was a really sweet ride, and should be extremely fun to fly.  "I can't wait to get behind the controls and see what this baby can do", he said to Caden as he walked forward toward the Bridge.  Then he offered his opinion on the chance of a cloaking device.  "I don't know if any ships of this tonnage that have a cloaking device, Caden", he said seriously.

He was almost to the Bridge when Raisa asked him a question.  "Ask, friend Raisa".

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"My mom has one of these, well had. My sister has it now" Cyrenia said as she admired the ship, slightly bothered that the plans were given to Raisa, but she wasn't going to say anything.

"Who's was this before I wonder" she said as she climbed the ramp to access the cargo bay, this was her second time on a ship of this class and she was curious.

"I think we could outrun up to an Imperial II Star Destroyer in this" she said as she glanced at the engineering bays.

"Caden do you have any experience with this sort of ship?" She asked inquisitively

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"While this ship is impressive, it's also somewhat conspicuous." Raisa glanced around before settling her gaze back on the Mon Cal. "Unless we are exceedingly fortunate and Sulon Inc. happens to employ this model of starship for security patrols, we are going to need take extra steps to mask our approach. Since my brother informs me there is a tractor beam, how would you feel about helping me steal a cargo ship?"

Back near the cargo area, Caden was eager to share what he knew. "Not with flying one, no. But the engine? Assuming it's pretty close to the factory original, ma'am, I've tinkered with those often enough to take it apart and put it back together in my sleep. She's a real work of art, grade 2 if I'm not mistaken. They built these babies to last," he concluded, banging one fist against the wall with a muffled thud. "Armor reinforcements at the conduit junctions, redundant systems... you could blow a hole big enough to dance the Correllian three-step through anywhere on the hull and this ship would barely flinch."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Well I didn't think you were a pilot." Cyrenia said flatly as Caden went into the works of the ships redudant systems.

"Sounds like a more expensive YZ-775 that people almost know for certain is crewed by mercs. Good to know she'll keep flying if we get hit though, not that I think we will... That much, anyways I have to go talk to... Huh, not that I don't enjoy your company of course, your sister is just better at handling firearms"

With that Cyrenia nodded and turned to go. Well she wasn't sure where Raisa was

"Uh, where is she perchance? I have to ask about equipment, since I don't have all mine"

Cyrenia

Last edited by SilverRush (2018-07-07 07:55:23)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Think she went to talk to the pilot. She had that look like there was an idea brewing somewhere in there," he replied, gesturing over his shoulder towards the front of the ship.

Once Cyrenia had left, he turned his attention back to his datapad. It'd taken minimal effort to enter the ship's computer systems, something that he made a mental note to do something about. Pulling up the schematics on the screen, he began to slowly wander off towards the starboard engine compartment.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

While he awaited the question from Raisa, Rekara reached the Bridge and looked around briefly before taking the pilot's seat.  He used his access pad to sign into the ship's systems, which allowed him complete access, then entered his own personal code into the ship's systems.  If Rekara was on the system, everyone would now know it was him online.  He brought up the systems to check and ensure all systems were in the green, as well as exactly what systems he had available to him.  While he waited for the systems to come up, he glanced around and sure enough, there was the flight logbook program.  "Let's see who the previous owner was", he said quietly, "any maintenance performed, and what sort of missions this baby was part of."

He looked around at Raisa to see if she was waiting for him to ask her question.

Rekara

Thumbs up Thumbs down