Re: Maczarek Security Corporate Headquarters, Persephone

Mimi made a mock playful frown.

"Even Debbie Fitzgerald?" she asked, referencing the sultry Cortex star with a penchant for nude scenes".

- GM

OOC: Lol. I'm happy cutting there, shows us a bit about both characters without labouring the point.

Ash

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

OOC: I'm good too - now we're waiting for Brandon to do his bit... although we can go to the port while we're waiting.

- GM

OOC: I'll post on it tomorrow. Long couple of days at work.

-BL

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Silent Hunter wrote:

The receptionist smiled at her and gestured to a sofa behind a glass table where a collection of print magazines and brochures were scattered.

Sitting on the sofa was another woman in a Maczarek uniform, a young lady with dark hair, flicking through a gossip magazine. She put it down, revealing a number of Alliance medals on her chest, a Lieutenant's insignia and the name badge "Castermere". A small pair of reading glasses were on her nose and she looked up at Eleanor.

"It's going a bit slow today", she said, her voice firm and restrained, "Regina Castermere - my friends call me 'Rainey'".

- GM

OOC: Sorry for the delay.

IC: Taking in the rank of the Officer in the waiting room, Lanie nods in respect. "Eleanor Page, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm here for the open Security position." Her eyes shift to the door as it opens, and she straightens her uniform rapidly.

-Lanie Page

Not Suzy

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The opening door revealed Major Koizumi, looking pretty, pleasant and, well, pregnant in her uniform, her cap poking out of her pocket. She smiled and gestured to the two women.

"Ah, Castermere, Page, come in please".

Her office was a large one, with a thick red carpet, a conference table in the middle, a large window to the left and a collection of photographs on the right, including one of a teenage, long-haired, Miriam in a wedding dress, along with a family portrait. There were other photos of her dotted around the resort, although in those she wasn't in anything that could be called a uniform.

She headed behind her desk and pulled off her shoes - they were pinching uncomfortably with her swollen feet (why swollen feet again?), sticking them out of sight.

"If I didn't love my babies so much, I wouldn't get pregnant... why is that men get all the pleasure and we get nine months of this?"

- GM

Convinced that the question about babies and pregnancy was rhetorical Lanie remained silent. Not having been invited to sit down, she spread her legs approximately shoulder-width apart and tucked her hands behind her back.

-Eleanor Page

Not Suzy

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

"Please ladies, sit down", Mimi said, "I've got a new assignment for the two of you".

Rainey took a seat at the conference table, not pulling out a chair for Eleanor. Mimi moved to take another chair opposite Rainey.

- GM

Waiting for her superiors to seat themselves, Lanie sat down as well, keeping her hands in her lap and not slouching.

-Eleanor Page

Not Suzy

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Rainey and Mimi took their seats; once Eleanor had jointed them, Mimi continued.

"I don't know if you've ever heard of a musical group called Girls With Exploding Guitars. Well, we've taken them on as clients, providing the usual protective services for their tour - we've assigned this to Quinn and Kvant".

Rainey rolled her eyes.

"The Mighty Quinn?" she asked, "Him? He planning to crash any more shuttles?"

"No, don't be silly", Koizumi replied, "It's clear this will be the last chance saloon for him - mess up and he's out; however, we need someone to ride herd on him and his crew".

"Excuse me, but how long of a tour are we to provide protection?" Lanie asked. It's not that she cared overly much about it, but she really hated that band, and knew that regardless of tour length, this was going to be a painful assignment.

-Eleanor Page

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"It'll be about 10 weeks in total - 20 gigs across the 'Verse", Mimi replied, "I trust that's acceptable to you. You will of course be well paid".

Eleanor didn't have to take this assignment... but if she didn't, she wasn't likely to be getting many more.

- GM

"No, it's perfectly acceptable, ma'am." Lanie replied. "I am just really not looking forward to dragging passed out drunks out of hotels. But," she paused, "it really is all in a days work."

-Eleanor Page

Not Suzy

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

"You won't be doing that", Mimi said, "Possibly the reverse - these ladies certainly like to party. I hope you know how to carry people over thresholds... as opposed to being carried over one.

Oh, you've never been married, have you?"

- GM

"No, ma'am never married...and yes I am perfectly capable at getting people across a threshold."

-Eleanor Page

Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Glad to hear it", Mimi said, "The full details will be sent to your company cortex... you'll be going on Rainey's ship with Captain Zigler to meet them on Santo".

- GM