Re: Introduce yourself here :-)

Hi Gaelan!  smile

Welcome to Phoenix!

Krista

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you back in An Baile Ur!

~Robert

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome Gaelan! Glad to have you with us!

Silent

Wow, Gaelan, great to have you with us again! I hope you've been keeping well. :-)

Ash

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

Ash, Silent...glad to be joining up!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

k

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello peoples (and others):

My name is Leif, I'm from New Zealand and I've been RPing for 6 years when I was given the first ed. of D&D. So, yeah; Hi.

"You are what you pretend to be..."
      - Kurt Vonnegut

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Leif, welcome! Feel free to check out our sims and contact the SL's or post in the OOC areas of those sims if you find any that you're interested in joining!

~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome, Leif!

Silent

Hello Leif. Gald you are here. Let me know if you have any questions while you are looking around.
-Kevin

Welcome to Phoenix, Leif!

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi there, my name is Ben, 24, philosopher on his way to an M.A., I'm from Germany and over the last decade I've pretty much become a full spectrum RPer, from simming and pen&paper RPG to LARP, with extensive player and GM experience in all but LARP. I currently run a sim somewhere else, but I'm not here to recruit, but to play, in the Fighter OPS sim for now. wink

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hello Ben, and welcome aboard! Always great to see a new face smile I'm sure Silent will be plenty excited to have more pilots, and if/when you want to branch out and join other sims/create a sim, yet more fun can be had...

But like I said. Glad to have you!

-Euan

Welcome Ben!

~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Ben.

Welcome to the forum!

Please check your inbox for an email.

Silent

Welcome aboard, and good luck!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome Ben! I did a module of Philosophy each year of my History BA and MA, with a focus on some of the German greats in my third year as an undergrad. :-)

If you haven't already, you might post about a banner exchange for the other site you're on in our External Ads and Alliances forum? :-)

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well Ben, welcome to the 11th. It'll be a pleasure to fly with you. Or at the very least drift by on a parachute depending on luck. Are you playing a rookie nugget as well, or someone with a few stripes more on their uniform than me?

*coughs and points to signature with some enlightened self-interest  wink *

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello everyone. My name is Brandon, but I'll be going by Irykyl or Iry. I enjoy all styles of gaming and have played most everything from GURPS to d20 to Exalted. My friends have used me as a sounding board and 2ic many a time.

My cousin dropped me a link to this site and I look forward to playing. I will be joining Firefly, Star Wars, and maybe a couple others if possible.

Why did Suzy fall out of the swing?  Because she had no arms.
Knock, knock. Who's there?
Not Suzy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome to the site, Brandon!

Silent

Welcome to Phoenix!

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Brandon!!!! smile

Welcome Brandon!

Also there are a few other sims you might like to have a look around at, we have a couple using tabletop roleplaying systems, namely Forgotten Realms (which is actually getting away from D&D but using a similarly themed system), and The Matrix. Rulebooks and understanding of system rules not really needed in either (and a summary of what you do need to know is provided in both for the character apps) - all dicerolling is handled by the GM (which is me in both sims, with a nod to Ash who co-GM's with me in Forgotten Realms  wink ).

Mostly gameplay runs the same as in all other sims here, hence the reason knowledge of the system and rules isn't needed. So maybe not what a tabletop roleplayer is used to, but it's a nice bridge between tabletop RP'ing and simming I feel.

~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello.  My name is Wild Joker, and I am a PbP addict.

It started innocently enough, with a simple MnM game with some college buddies.  But I needed more and more to get my fix.  When I saw Osprey's ad for AW-75 over on Plane and Mercs, I decided to come here to try some of that "Freeform RP" stuff. 

And blow shit up with high-tech jets.  That was a major factor.

Last edited by Wild Joker (2012-11-24 20:26:32)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Welcome Wild Joker! And fair enough on the blowing up things on high-tech jets! Feel free to browse the rest of the sims and let us know if you want to join any!

~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down