Topic: Campaigning Space

To all individuals who have accepted your nominations, you may post any information related to Campaigning here - a separate space will be provided momentarily for members to ask questions of the candidates!

~Robert

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q2e0ig.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Campaigning Space

Mmmmm, contested elections! Do very much like. Ok folks, here's why you should vote for me for Technical Coordinator.

Yeah, so, I decided it'd be easier to put it all in a microdot and save on your screen space. If you're short of time, just read points 1.5.32.9 and 8.3.4.19, although there's a good joke in 17.4.28.3 if you want to read it too.

But seriously folks, as a certain Daffy Duck might say - I'm studying software engineering, and I've had plenty experience playing with html, php, mysql and an assortment of other web technologies (like right now, I'm converting my personal site, twice - once to run on drupal, and once on joomla, just to compare them). I believe that I have the ability and the drive to build what Phoenix needs to create a permanent home, and would be proud to serve if elected.

-Euan

Sounds good. Euan, although it's obvious for which position you are running, maybe it would be handy to put the position for which you are running in your post.

This of course applies to all candidates.

-Mischa

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good idea Mischa - I've done so now smile

-Euan

I'm running for the position of General Coordinator. :-)

I know I don't need to wax lyrical here. Most of you know me, most of you know what I stand for, what I oppose, what I'm about.

We've already achieved so much I can barely believe we've only been here a few months. Of course, we've benefitted from continuity of momentum - we were a movement and a community before we had this site. We hit the ground running and we're keeping up our pace.

But there's obviously a lot still to be done. We're opening new sims, we've got existing sims seeking members, we're exploring our options, prioritising our projects. But I think what matters most is that we keep our objective.

When I accepted this nomination, I said this club needs to stay in its members' hands. So at the moment my priority in my campaign is to ask if there is anyone who will run against me, anyone to provide our members with a choice?

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

^^^ Or a 2nd candidate so that both General Coordinator and Contender positions may be filled?  big_smile

My campaign speech to come soon...

~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If elected as technical director I promise a car in every pot and a chicken in every garage! (What foks don't like 1930's humor?)

No seriously, I am of course running for Technical Coordinator. My skills are to see the big picture. Where do we want to go and what do we need to do to get there. I have been a Graphic Designer and Creative Professional for twenty years. I can manipulate HTML code and a variety of scripts well, but more importantly, I know that our membership has formidable skills in accomplishing almost anything we could ever need. It becomes a matter of finding the right people to fulfil the right tasks to shape Phoenix into what we want. Elections or no, we have a great team of people who want this site to thrive. I am honored to know you all. I would be pleased to add my skills, experience and talent in a leadership capacity for the greater good of our community. Vote Saxon!

-Kevin Diamond

Nomination acceptances end tomorrow. Will no one consider running against me for the position of General Coordinator?

Central to my leadership-style is a collaborative desire to empower and upbuild, and like Robert says, even if someone runs against me and doesn't win, they can still fulfill the function of 'Contender' - a sort of balance and check to the elected administration and specifically to the elected GC. I am as I've said 100% convinced I'm the best candidate for the position of GC, but I don't want to do anyone else down when I say that: we've got a club full of hugely capable and lovely people, plus I really would welcome the edge another candidate would provide. :-)

Ash

P.S. Vote for Pedro.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Campaigning Rules

Regards,
~Robert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My fellow Phoenixians, as your future and continued Elections and Voting Coordinator, I put forth the following as actions you can expect from me:

Firstly continued research into a better, more suitable, and more satisfying voting system. The possibility of having our own voting booth on the site itself has not escaped me, this is an idea that I would like to see realized to give us the ability to shape the voting booth to suit our needs and to reduce our reliance on outside resources as a step towards independence and progress.

Secondly I will introduce new legislature to help better establish our government and to solidify the roles and responsibilities in an effort to achieve a more perfect Democracy for Phoenix RP. I have already made efforts in this way as demonstrated by the introduction of the role of "contender" for the purpose of introducing checks and balances to the role of General Coordinator.

My thanks,

~Robert Longtin

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I formally accept the nomination to run for General Coordinator.

Some of you know me, some of you don't. I am relatively new here, having only been here for the last six months or so. However, in that time I have seen injustice, strike, and a Phoenix rise from the ashes to hopefully become better than before.

My opponent has done a great job in leading us here. I have no doubt that he would continue to do a great job. However, our leadership hasn't been as proactive as I would like it to be. Perhaps you feel the same. Our temporary solution is quickly growing into a permanent solution. I'd like to bring some direction to some of the projects that have been started but are slowly fizzling out - working with the Technical Coordinator to get an improved experience, working with the Advertising and Community Coordinator to bring new blood into Phoenix, and finally working with our Election Coordinator to bring your voice even closer to the decisions being made behind the scenes.

As my first act as GC, I would abolish the Martial Law we now operate under, and in its place establish a Constitution which would cement the roles and tenure of the leadership positions here, truly creating the lightest possible government that is concentrated on the greater community good and acting as the voice of the people. A government that has only the power to create a better RP experience here, and no more. One that is so hands off you may forget we are even here.

I bring over 10 years of experience in the computer science industry, and over 20 years of roleplaying experience. I have lead several community groups in the past on forums, chatrooms and Facebook. As many are you are probably aware, I am not afraid to speak up when I think something needs a change, but I am willing to listen to others input as well.

I hope I can count on your vote in the coming election. Thank you.

Jason Andersen

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good man, Jason, and thanks for keeping this interesting.

I am humbly determined and convinced I am the best GC for this community, am dedicated and sincere in my commitment to it, but elections are every member's opportunity to step forward if they think they have something better to offer: present a different vision, a different path, etc.

It's my position that we've already achieved so much in the last few months and have currently got so many irons in the fire that continuity in leadership is our best option at this time.

We don't want to lose momentum with a change of staff necessitating a review of where we're at and what still needs to be done. My opponent's challenge is that my administration hasn't been as proactive as he'd have liked, and I'm sorry to have disappointed him. Perhaps I've disappointed you too? I have always aimed to be consistent and to keep my promises, to provide pro-active leadership both on the boards and by email to the volunteers and appointees who have agreed to give their time for projects and initiatives.

Some of you might remember my previous election platforms elsewhere as having promised pro-active leadership against the stagnation of 'responsive' opponents' platforms, and I repeat today that pledge to be pro-active. Coupled with long experience of working in voluntary organisations both on the internet and in RL, though, I never want a single member to feel pressured or pressed into something, or obligated to run at a pace they can't sustain. I value the contribution of every member here and don't want people feeling they need to be online 24/7 to keep up.

I endeavour to continue to provide RPEs in a range of genres operating at a range of speeds - some with usually daily posting rates from players, others with gentler paces of play. What I want to provide, essentially, are recreational spaces tailored for their users, according to their preferences.
Not only that, though: I am likewise passionate about keeping participation in community decision making and progress open to all our members, not just those of us with the availability to post multiple times a day.

I plan for good governance to continue in this place, upholding and honouring the principles of fairness and justice. These values will be central to our community.

I'd welcome Jason as 'Contender' to keep me on my toes, but I would value winning this election as an opportunity to serve the initial term as your first elected General Coordinator and continue on the path to sustainable growth.

I would cherish your vote on the road to that victory.

But whatever your conscience, make sure to cast your ballot when Robert opens the booth, and do your bit for the betterment of this club's democracy.

Your General Coordinator,

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As you'll see from the other threads, the booth is now available (you should all have received an email - if not, email Robert!). I've voted. I hope you will as well. we're looking for a great turn-out in this our first General Elections :-)

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would also encourage you all to vote. Especially if your vote is for me.

If you are planning on voting for Ash, well, I'm sure you can put it off for a few weeks or so. What's the hurry anyway?

http://www.phoenix-rp.com/img/pips/4.png http://oi60.tinypic.com/5otabo.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

:-P

Ash

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Campaigning is now over and the results will be posted shortly...

Robert Longtin
Elections and Voting Coordinator

Thumbs up Thumbs down